Dutch

NFLs most overrated players (or coaches)

Week 3 dem Eagles goin' down. :bookit:

Lol you better hope Andy changes his ways (playcalls) Because if not, you're going to have to deal with stuff like when it's

7fHdrFA.jpg

or when your team is

6yrpPAu.jpg

and when he finally decides to he's like

w05xuas.jpg

and when things get ugly and the

3Rv3o1o.jpg

and when it gets to the point to where he knows that

i0X5Ryf.jpg

Good Luck :laugh:

• Upvote 2

Lol you better hope Andy changes his ways (playcalls) Because if not, you're going to have to deal with stuff like when it's

7fHdrFA.jpg

or when your team is

6yrpPAu.jpg

and when he finally decides to he's like

w05xuas.jpg

and when things get ugly and the

3Rv3o1o.jpg

and when it gets to the point to where he knows that

i0X5Ryf.jpg

Good Luck :laugh:

I got nothing. That's frickin great. lololol :laugh:

VTwe99p.jpg

The most mediocre Def coord who's proclaimed as if he's some type of defensive guru.

• Upvote 1

I'll see if Rob Ryan will prove me wrong this season with the Saints.

I remember reading a stat recently saying that Josh Freeman threw for 4,000 and 27 TDs this season. Something Flacco has never done. Not saying Freeman is better, he clearly isn't. But I think it kind of shows how overrated Flacco is, he isn't on the level of the top QBs in the league.

Big Ben rarely throws for 25+ TDs and he gets a pass.

That's because the talent around Roethlisberger on offense has been below average for years.

Edited by DBR96A

lol at Ray Rice being over rated.

I hate Ray Rice. That means he's good.

I remember reading a stat recently saying that Josh Freeman threw for 4,000 and 27 TDs this season. Something Flacco has never done. Not saying Freeman is better, he clearly isn't. But I think it kind of shows how overrated Flacco is, he isn't on the level of the top QBs in the league.

That's because the talent around Roethlisberger on offense has been below average for years.

And Flacco's hasn't? You've got to be kidding me. Big Ben has bad better aerial weapons throughout his career.

Hines, Wallace, Heath, Brown--All A-list weapons, in my opinion.

Smith, Boldin, Pitta....Mason? Jones? Heap? Mark Clayton (lol)? Ed Dickson? Jacoby?

Flacco has had Ray Rice, and an inferior defense.

The gap between Flacco and Big Ben has been closing for a couple of years, at this point.

My list of players: (More or less where it relates to the media, most people here have a good head on their shoulders)

Joe Flacco

Mike Wallace

Rashard Mendenhall

*Aldon Smith - maybe, maybe not. I'm still scarred by the weeks without Justin Smith last year where Aldon was INVISIBLE.

Jaquizz Rodgers - I love him, he's a good backup, but the media wets their weewee's when he plays in a Falcons game, almost ridiculous lol

Torrey Smith - He can prove me wrong still, but he's more of a deep threat than an all around great receiver they make him to be

Ndamakong Suh - This kid was supposed to be one of the greatest coming out of college. It's not that he's not good, he is, but he's not meeting the hype. Yet, the media still wets themselves over him. He's a good defensive tackle, no where near my top 5 in the league though.

James Jones, Randall Cobb - I think Rodgers makes these guys look a lot better than what they are. They are solid options in the receiving game, but no way do I think they are near the threats on another team that they are with the Packers.

And Flacco's hasn't? You've got to be kidding me. Big Ben has bad better aerial weapons throughout his career.

Hines, Wallace, Heath, Brown--All A-list weapons, in my opinion.

Smith, Boldin, Pitta....Mason? Jones? Heap? Mark Clayton (lol)? Ed Dickson? Jacoby?

Flacco has had Ray Rice, and an inferior defense.

The gap between Flacco and Big Ben has been closing for a couple of years, at this point.

Hines Ward was on the downside of his career by the time Roethlisberger entered his prime, and he's the only WR Roethlisberger's had in the last five years who was either willing or able to fight for the ball. He lost a step in 2008, and then fell off a cliff in 2010.

Mike Wallace was good at little other than go routes, and only marginally improved other aspects of his game during his tenure with the Steelers. He also became a goddamn punk when he held out of training camp last summer just as a new offensive coordinator was trying to install a new system of offense. No wonder the bitch looked so lost.

Heath Miller was misused by Bruce Arians from 2007 through 2011. It's no coincidence that Miller set career highs for receiving yards and TD catches last season, immediately after Arians left. On that note, expect Coby Fleener to have more than 26 catches and two TD catches for the Colts this season.

Even Antonio Brown had multiple back-breaking, momentum-killing, bone-headed plays last season. He had two late-game fumbles against the Raiders and Cowboys last season; and he should have kicked the fumbled "lateral" against the Chargers out the back of the end zone for a safety instead of trying to recover it, failing, and then watching the Chargers fall on it for a TD.

Don't even bring up Santonio Holmes either, who has one lonely 1,000-yard season in his entire career, and has never even led the Jets in receiving yards. Yeah, he's a Super Bowl MVP; so are Larry Brown, Desmond Howard, Dexter Jackson, and probably a couple other average NFL players too.

Nobody in their right mind would take any Steelers RB in the last five years over Ray Rice. After the Steelers effectively told Rashard Mendenhall to fuck off this past off-season, the Cardinals were the only team to even offer him a contract, and it was a one-year contract to boot. When your signature play is a fumble, you probably suck.

Hell, for as "disappointing" as Michael Turner was for the Falcons last season, he still had more rushing yards than any Steelers RB, and more TD runs than all Steelers RBs combined. I would have loved to be disappointed by Michael Turner last season. The Steelers carried five RBs on the roster last season, and only one of them is still there this season. That says it all.

By the way, four of the five starting offensive linemen for the Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII are now out of the NFL, and none due to old age either. For that matter, two of the three Steelers turnovers in Super Bowl XLV were the direct result of piss-poor blocking. At least now the problem along the offensive line is inexperience rather than incompetence like it was for so many years.

Seriously, I'd take Joe Flacco's weapons in the last five years over Roethlisberger's without hesitation. At least then he'd have a RB worth a shit, a WR who can beat press man coverage, and an average to slightly-above-average offensive line.

Edited by DBR96A

can we add Chip Kelley to this list yet?

He got overhyped after one half against Washington, but I think it's gonna be awhile before we can fairly assess him as a coach. He inherited a talented offense and an awful defense; so far, he's taken the offense to heights Andy Reid never could, and the defense is still awful. Par for the course, I think, though the media will continue to hype him up.

can we add Chip Kelley to this list yet?

He got overhyped after one half against Washington, but I think it's gonna be awhile before we can fairly assess him as a coach. He inherited a talented offense and an awful defense; so far, he's taken the offense to heights Andy Reid never could, and the defense is still awful. Par for the course, I think, though the media will continue to hype him up.

fair enough, I do think that most reasonable people are waiting to see how he actually does, but the media has been extremely high on him even before the season started (and yes, I did intend that sentence to imply that the media is a separate group from 'most reasonable people')

I've seen both sides of the media in regards to Chip Kelly. I've seen some who were on the bandwagon as if he is going to be some type of revolutionary innovator and others who believed he would fall flat on his face trying to take his gimmicky college offense into the pros. The funny thing is that I've seen those doubters hop on the bandwagon in one game after dogging Chip the entire offseason. The media is a joke.

At some point, do we need to consider Eli Manning as overrated? Two Super Bowl rings and an impressive playoff history is more than most QBs will ever accomplish, but all these turnovers.

I'd take him over a lot of quarterbacks, but at what point do we have to bring up this argument?

• Upvote 1

At some point, do we need to consider Eli Manning as overrated? Two Super Bowl rings and an impressive playoff history is more than most QBs will ever accomplish, but all these turnovers.

I'd take him over a lot of quarterbacks, but at what point do we have to bring up this argument?

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65901-zacks-top-21-qbs-of-all-time/page-5

Great point. Somewhat of another example when QBs can get too much credit or glory. Giants vs Patriots 2007 Superbowl. The highlight of the game was the David Tyree catch. Eli did a great job avoiding the sack but just threw the ball up. It was a lucky throw and catch. Eli gets Superbowl MVP and you hear "Eli beats Brady" etc etc. In all reality, Eli played an okay game. Through my eyes, I saw the game from a different perspective. I saw the best offense that went 18-0 only put up 14 points in the Superbowl. What I saw was the Giants d-line completely debilitate Tom Brady and their offense and own that game. But yet I heard nothing but Eli chants from average fans. Another example of too much credit for the signal caller.

lol at Ray Rice being over rated.

I hate Ray Rice. That means he's good.

His 2.8ypc on Sunday didn't help his cause nor does his season total of 72 yards. I don't think he is overrated. He is extremely skilled. I think the offensive strategy has a lot to do with his recent performance. He's a wrecking ball.

• Upvote 1

Jim Harbaugh.

Jim Harbaugh.

I would trade you straight up.

Jim Harbaugh.

Like 5 years in the league, playoff appearances every year and a Superbowl. Talk about an ungrateful fan lol.

20120916_jrc_sn3_037.0_standard_352.0.jp

Can Jason Piere Paul even be considered overrated anymore? Dude hasn't really done anything since 2011. Zack appears to have been right about this guy.

Edited by dutchff7

Jim Harbaugh.

Like 5 years in the league, playoff appearances every year and a Superbowl. Talk about an ungrateful fan lol.

20120916_jrc_sn3_037.0_standard_352.0.jp

Can Jason Piere Paul even be considered overrated anymore? Dude hasn't really done anything since 2011. Zack appears to have been right about this guy.

JPP still had a pretty productive season last year, especially as a run defender. Based on this season's production, I can see the overrated designation but didn't he just return from back surgery? Seems like he's trying to work his way back into top form. Tough for me judge the guy until I know he's playing at 100%.

JPP still had a pretty productive season last year, especially as a run defender. Based on this season's production, I can see the overrated designation but didn't he just return from back surgery? Seems like he's trying to work his way back into top form. Tough for me judge the guy until I know he's playing at 100%.

Good point. I remembered his back surgery after I posted a while later.

Edited by dutchff7

:Browns: Trent Richardson... A lot of people on here (except for less then a handful of members) including myself overrated Trent Richardson. Especially when the Browns traded him to the Colts. Everyone was laughing at the Browns and it turned out to be a great move and their looking like geniuses right now acquiring a 1st rounder for him.

Edited by dutchff7

Mychal Kendricks. People say he had a breakout season but aside from some splash plays, Mychal Kendricks was horrible in every phase of the game. I really hope our coaching staff doesn't see this guy as a viable starter going down the road. Kendricks is trash.

im a eagles fan and i say DeSean Jackson

im a eagles fan and i say DeSean Jackson

is pointing out that you're a fan of the team that just cut him (and a division rival of the team that just signed him) supposed to validate your opinion?