BroadcastinMayne

Is Moss good enough for Canton?

Now I understand Moss has the statistics to be... well hell a first ballot HOFer. However i feel that Moss has only settled for "good enough" in his career ever since he left MIN and it has been terrible to watch such a good freakish athlete somewhat go to waste. I believe that the HOF should not only look at statistics but how they were as a teammate and how bad they wanted to be the best at what they did every single day and night no matter what was going personally or team wise. And him jumping from team to team? I dont understand why he would have the greatest privielge as a football player to be inducted into Canton, Ohio. I would put T.O. in this catagory as well but Randy Moss is my biggest issue for being considered a true HOFer in the NFL. Please understand im not hatein im just sayin this is something i feel strongly about. Please reply and give me your input about Randy Moss.

Edited by BroadcastinMayne

Now I understand Moss has the statistics to be... well hell a first ballot HOFer. However i feel that Moss has only settled for "good enough" in his career ever since he left MIN and it has been terrible to watch such a good freakish athlete somewhat go to waste. I believe that the HOF should not only look at statistics but how they were as a teammate and how bad they wanted to be the best at what they did every single day and night no matter what was going personally or team wise. And him jumping from team to team? I dont understand why he would have the greatest privlage as a football player to be inducted into Canton, Ohio. I would put T.O. in this catagory as well but Randy Moss is my biggest issue for being considered a true HOFer in the NFL. Please understand im not hatein im just sayin this is something i feel strongly about. Please reply and give me your input about Randy Moss.

Moss is probably the 2nd greatest receiver to ever play the game, of course he's worthy of canton.

• Upvote 2

I had to reread the topic twice to make sure of what I read. He is the second leading receiver of ALL TIME. There's no question he is a first ballot HOF'er. His stats and impact on the game is undeniable regardless of how it ended.

Moss is the most talented receiver in NFL history. The only other player you could make a case for is Calvin Johnson. He absolutely should be a 1st ballot Hall of Famer. I don't believe in this "he wasn't a good teammate and didn't give 100%" stuff when it comes to the HOF. They should put the best players in there, period, regardless of attitude. Heck, Joe Namath was a below-average QB but he made the Hall because of one miracle prediction.

• Upvote 2

Moss is the most talented receiver in NFL history. The only other player you could make a case for is Calvin Johnson. He absolutely should be a 1st ballot Hall of Famer. I don't believe in this "he wasn't a good teammate and didn't give 100%" stuff when it comes to the HOF. They should put the best players in there, period, regardless of attitude. Heck, Joe Namath was a below-average QB but he made the Hall because of one miracle prediction.

I agree and welcome to the boards!

And not having a ring should have zero importance in this case. He belongs.

Yea, no doubt Moss is a HOFer. It is a shame that he didn't give it his all for his entire career, but the guy was probably the most talented receiver to play the game and had a huge impact on football.

yah, you are probably right about Moss, but that doesn't make me like him any more or less. In the end it wasn't just his attitude that bothered me it was the fact that he didn't seem to give it all...he took off plays all the time. I think that is why Belichick let him go. He just looked tired to me...it was time for him to call it a night...maybe a year earlier though.

Thanks! Our old chat room on NFL.com got shut down today, so a friend recommended me to here.

yah, you are probably right about Moss, but that doesn't make me like him any more or less. In the end it wasn't just his attitude that bothered me it was the fact that he didn't seem to give it all...he took off plays all the time. I think that is why Belichick let him go. He just looked tired to me...it was time for him to call it a night...maybe a year earlier though.

Yeah. People may not like players for whatever reasons but I always respect their game. Moss is the 2nd all time leading receiver and he wasn't even full time. He was the first freak that the league saw at his position. What he did to the game, the league never saw anything like it; revolutionary. His effort definitely came into question throughout his career if he didn't like a situation he was in but Moss put his stamp on the game already. That can't be taken away.

Really? Questioning that Moss is good enough for the HOF?

He's been an HOF lock for awhile now. His time with the Raiders sucked, but who cares, how often do FAs thrive there anyway? As for his stints with the Vikings and Titans in 2010, and Niners in 2012, it's pretty much irrelevant. Mid-30s... latter end of his career... not going to prevent him from going into the HOF lol.

• Upvote 1

Nah, he's the 2nd best receiver of all time. Should have a Super Bowl too if the Patriots offensive line didn't shit the bed vs the Giants.

He's been a first ballot HOFer for a while now...

LOL..There's no question about it! Of course! The last football stop for Randy Moss will be the Hall of Fame. Yeah, he played hard when he wanted to. Yes, he was a diva and every so often pulled an immature stunt. Still, he was the league's most dangerous deep threat for many years and was a cornerstone on the NFL's two best offensive juggernauts to fall short of a ring: the 1998 Vikings and 2007 Patriots. I can't believe I'm answering this question! :sucks:

• Upvote 1

Haha thanks to all that have replied and I respect what you all have to say whether i agree with it or not & again im not hatein on the man im just sayin

I died a little inside when I read the question.

Newbies are welcome; but don't ask questions like this. Not a very good start.

It's true that he could have been better and it's true he could have given more to the game... In that sense it's pretty disappointing -- but even with that said, look at what he did.

He's one of those guys you will tell stories about to your kids when watching games together.

Randy Moss belongs in Canton. However, the real question may be -- how will he be remembered? Will he be remembered as the great WR he was, or the better WR he could have been?

Edited by Favre4Ever

It's true that he could have been better and it's true he could have given more to the game... In that sense it's pretty disappointing -- but even with that said, look at what he did.

He's one of those guys you will tell stories about to your kids when watching games together.

Randy Moss belongs in Canton. However, the real question may be -- how will he be remembered? Will he be remembered as the great WR he was, or the better WR he could have been?

As a freak.

Edited by dutchff7

He is going in and its no contest. He may of been the best of all time had he given football his all.

I think you would've been better asking us if Terrell Owens is a HOF.

He is going in and its no contest. He may of been the best of all time had he given football his all.

I think you would've been better asking us if Terrell Owens is a HOF.

T.O is 3rd all time. His and Moss numbers are basically identical.

T.O is 3rd all time. His and Moss numbers are basically identical.

True. But if both retired this year, I can't see both getting first ballot honors. I think the obviously choice would be to put Randy in first. But could he be held because he never really gave 100%?