Thanatos

Carolina Panthers: State of the Franchise

How exactly? I don't remember people saying Patrick Willis was better than Ray Lewis in his rookie year.

Please, they didn't even consider Beason who had comparable numbers. Everyone was just all excited about how great a player he was. Forget the fact that in his rookie year, SF was one of the worst teams in the NFL with ZERO offense. The niner defense was on the field far longer than the Panthers defense. So of course, his numbers are going to be higher. Was Beason considered? Very little.

While I cannot and willing try and dig it up a particular link, you know what I am saying.

While I think he is overrated. He is a solid LBer. Kuechly in comparison to the "annointed one" had better numbers with weak DT play. And still on the field less than Willis's rookie season. So yes, in comparison to rookie years. I think Kuechly is as good and already better. Homerism or not, not really the issue. Read any quotes from what they are saying about him now? How he has already taken control of the Carolina defense.

Go ahead and love the 49er Defense. They didn't show me too much in the Super Bowl. Had the lights not gone out. Who knows how bad it would have been.

Edited by DavethePanther

Please, they didn't even consider Beason who had comparable numbers. Everyone was just all excited about how great a player he was. Forget the fact that in his rookie year, SF was one of the worst teams in the NFL with ZERO offense. The niner defense was on the field far longer than the Panthers defense. So of course, his numbers are going to be higher. Was Beason considered? Very little.

While I cannot and willing try and dig it up a particular link, you know what I am saying.

I do agree and acknowledged that Beason was massively underrated. He was one of the best in the game and flew under the radar for years. But we were talking about anointing a rookie to be better than an established vet after one season.

My point was. EVERYONE annointed P. Willis the greatest thing since sliced bread after his rookie season. But it is impossible for the same claim to be bestowed on Kuechly. Is that right.

As far as the Neg Rep. You did mine because you didn't like my opinion, so who is the big baby.

Who made you king of the hill?

I gave you one because your post is asinine. You went back and negged everything because you were butt-hurt. Its just funny.

I really dislike homers, so quit being one.

• Upvote 1

I gave you one because your post is asinine. You went back and negged everything because you were butt-hurt. Its just funny.

I really dislike homers, so quit being one.

And I dislike people that try to force their OPINION on others because they don't bow down and pay homage to your greatness.

I think he would be better then Willis no matter what team he played for!!! How is that being a homer.

Kuechly is NOT better than Willis, but he has that kind of potential in my opinion. Best LB prospect I've seen coming out since Willis certainly. I thought he was better than Beason last year once he caught his stride. One to watch.

Jessie Tuggle had two back-to-back 200 tackles seasons so he must be greatest MLB of all time.

Jessie Tuggle is one of my ALL TIME favorites! Great mention!

There's only one linebacker ahead of Willis for me, his team mate, Navarrow Bowman.

Bowman is not better than Willis to me.. If anything, Bowman is benefiting from the Willis effect. You know how much easier his job has been coming into the league as a rookie having Willis by your side? He's never had to carry the load.

Jessie Tuggle is one of my ALL TIME favorites! Great mention!

Thanks. Dude was badass in Tecmo Super Bowl. :grinyes:

If I had a dime every time someone who wasn't a falcons fan mentioned him, we'll... At least I'd have ten cents.

Kuechly is NOT better than Willis, but he has that kind of potential in my opinion. Best LB prospect I've seen coming out since Willis certainly. I thought he was better than Beason last year once he caught his stride. One to watch.

and that is YOUR OPINION. MY OPINION is he is.. He'll (Kuechly) have a better season in 2013 and you'll still argue. Been that way since Willis came into the league won't change.

I really don't care who he likes, so long as he beats them. Did his part last year.

Another thing for people to blow out of proportion, I guess. I mean, anyone who had followed Cam already knew he was a Falcons fan when he was growing up. Vick was one of his favorite players.

Just because you get drafted by a rival team doesn't mean you can immediately hit the off-switch. Let him play against the Falcons a few more years and ask him after that. :p

It is a non-issue. Too all the haters it is a big deal.

You can SAY it but for crying out loud up till 3 yrs ago that is all he has ever know. Called loyalty.

So if you move from wherever you are, say Philly, and move to New York are you going to be a fan of the Giants. I doubt it.

While it might take a couple of years I can guarantee you that he will give 150% every week and every season he is in Career.

Jonathan Stewart will receive a second opinion on his ailing ankles from Dr. Robert Anderson on Tuesday.

It's believed to be Stewart's right ankle that's giving him the most trouble. He's told reporters his left ankle is fine. Whatever the case, Stewart is highly unlikely to play in Week 1 and is a candidate for the reserve/PUP list to open the year. Anderson's findings will determine the next course of action. Williams is worth consideration in rounds seven and eight of drafts.

Panthers placed RB Jonathan Stewart (ankles) on the reserve/PUP list.

Stewart got a second opinion on Monday, and it wasn't positive. He'll be eligible to return in Week 7. J-Stew had surgery on both ankles shortly after the end of last season, but is still having problems with his right foot. DeAngelo Williams is now locked in as the Panthers' starter, and could in theory run with the job in Stewart's absence. His recent play suggests that won't happen, however. You're best off avoiding the Panthers' running situation, but if you must, draft D-Will as a lower-end FLEX play.

Reports out of Charlotte are that Charles Godfrey's achilles is torn.

With Quintin Mikell going down along with Josh Thomas, that thin secondary is now a hell of a lot thinner.

We should re-sign Drayton Florence and go get Kerry Rhodes if we can afford him.

Rivera is probably toast, Carolina still seems to have the same problem with close games. Trust me, I know your pain.

He's got no guts. Should have gone for it on 4th and 1.

That's four games in his tenure that he had 4th and 1 to literally win the game and he has elected to punt/kick the FG every single time.

No balls.

Get him out now while there is still a chance to salvage the season.

ALSO WHERE IS DAVE NOW? Bloody moron.

He's got no guts. Should have gone for it on 4th and 1.

That's four games in his tenure that he had 4th and 1 to literally win the game and he has elected to punt/kick the FG every single time.

No balls.

Get him out now while there is still a chance to salvage the season.

ALSO WHERE IS DAVE NOW? Bloody moron.

As soon as I found out about the Bills' last minute heroics I was visualizing you throwing any object you could find at Rivera's head on the TV screen. The inability to close games out is truly the most heartbreaking thing to watch unfold as a fan.

No. I called it as soon as he kicked the FG on 4th and 1. Had my hopes up for a minute that they were actually going to close it out, but the ending was inevitable as soon as he kicked the FG.

I'm not really mad, just more of the same. 2-14 in games decided by 7 points or less since Rivera has come into town. I'm used to it.

I'll also point out that practically everything I said in my evaluation is true down to the wire.

The O-line isn't "borderline strength" as others claimed, Byron Bell is getting manhandled by defenses and letting Cam get roughed up.

The running backs are a huge ? definitely not a strength. Cost us the game against Seattle, did very little against Buffalo.

The LB corps has its fair share of blame. Jon Beason got torched several times on the Bills game winning drive, and he's had his issues. Kuechly and Davis are doing well, but that's about it.

Edited by Thanatos19

Honestly Than, I think kicking the field goal was the smart decision. I know if you convert it's game-over, but if you don't the bills get the ball the the 30 and only need a field goal to tie it up. Making us drive 80 yards for a touchdown is a good strategy, it just didn't work. You saw how close it was though with that interception.

Of course, I know this sort of loss has become SOP for the panthers so I get your frustration.

The Panthers had another disappointing loss. The talent is there but the coaching staff seriously needs an overhaul. Unacceptable that they continuously lose games in the 4th quarter. They are in the game but can't finish and it's the coaching decisions more than anything.

Edited by dutchff7