Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Sheriff's Office Prepares Zimmerman Verdict Riot Plan

You shouldn't get to create a situation out of absolutely nothing and then end it with a bullet. Zimmerman started everything by following and approaching the kid, who was doing nothing wrong, was less than 100 yards from his destination. This is a case of unprovoked stalking that turned into a murder. It shouldn't matter that Trayvon had him on the ground. Somebody follows me and approaches me with no legitimate reasoning, assuming I'm a criminal, and I'll plant their asses on the ground. Trayvon did what we all would have done, and should be alive.

This case isn't that complicated. A man made something out of nothing and for some reason got to kill a 17 year old kid to save his own ass.

Without proper training, you should not be allowed to carry a weapon neighborhood watch. Hopefully Florida learns from this situation and restructures their laws.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You shouldn't get to create a situation out of absolutely nothing and then end it with a bullet. Zimmerman started everything by following and approaching the kid, who was doing nothing wrong, was less than 100 yards from his destination. This is a case of unprovoked stalking that turned into a murder. It shouldn't matter that Trayvon had him on the ground. Somebody follows me and approaches me with no legitimate reasoning, assuming I'm a criminal, and I'll plant their asses on the ground. Trayvon did what we all would have done, and should be alive.

Most of this is purely opinionated, though I agree none of this should have happened because Zimmerman shouldn't have pulled the vigilante card. However, you can't accuse Bucman of acting like he knows all the facts and then come and do the same thing: acting like your own opinion is fact to everyone.

This case isn't that complicated. A man made something out of nothing and for some reason got to kill a 17 year old kid to save his own ass.

You have oversimplified it to make it more appealing to your own conclusion. There are far more details to the case. If this was all it was, he surely would have been convicted. You can't ignore details to come to a conclusion that you believe is more suitable.

Without proper training, you should not be allowed to carry a weapon neighborhood watch. Hopefully Florida learns from this situation and restructures their laws.

Not really a matter for discussing here, but I didn't think neighborhood watch had any authority outside of just reporting incidents to the police.

Lol... This appears to be old news, but a Florida court ordered a mom who fired a warning shot in her own home (not hitting, killing, or harming anyone) to 20 years in prison. Get the fuck out of dodge, man. Ha. I am sure this happens all around, but Florida is not a place I ever desire to be.

TAMPA, Fla. -- Marissa Alexander had never been arrested before she fired a bullet at a wall one day in 2010 to scare off her husband when she felt he was threatening her. Nobody got hurt, but this month a northeast Florida judge was bound by state law to sentence her to 20 years in prison.

Alexander, a 31-year-old mother of a toddler and 11-year-old twins, knew it was coming. She had claimed self-defense, tried to invoke Florida's "stand your ground" law and rejected plea deals that could have gotten her a much shorter sentence. A jury found her guilty as charged: aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Because she fired a gun while committing a felony, Florida's mandatory-minimum gun law dictated the 20-year sentence.

Florida has some of the most fucked up laws ever.

Kill someone in 'self defense' and you are free. Don't harm anyone while trying to protect yourself or your children and you are facing 20 years in prison.

Moral of the story... If you want to protect yourself and not face jail time, kill the bastard.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Lol... This appears to be old news, but a Florida court ordered a mom who fired a warning shot in her own home (not hitting, killing, or harming anyone) to 20 years in prison. Get the fuck out of dodge, man. Ha. I am sure this happens all around, but Florida is not a place I ever desire to be.

Kill someone in 'self defense' and you are free. Don't harm anyone while trying to protect yourself or your children and you are facing 20 years in prison.

Moral of the story... If you want to protect yourself and not face jail time, kill the bastard.

If I were the judge, and knew I was bound by state law to pass that sentence, I would try to recuse myself. Don't even know if it would be possible in that case, but I don't think I could live myself. 20 years for a warning shot that didn't hurt anyone.... :facepalm:

If I were the judge, and knew I was bound by state law to pass that sentence, I would try to recuse myself. Don't even know if it would be possible in that case, but I don't think I could live myself. 20 years for a warning shot that didn't hurt anyone.... :facepalm:

Oh ya, I am not dissing the judge or whatever. It is the law that is screwed up in that ass backwards state.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/14/obama-george-zimmerman_n_3595631.html

Read Obama's full statement:

"The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin."

Lol making this about the war on guns. Get out of town, Mr. President.

I noticed that too. But, you do know and I know they "hope" to go for the "gun grab" someday. :yep:

What the fuck. That is fucking awful.

At least he didn't feed the rioters by insisting he would continue to seek justice.

I wasn't surprised that people were calling for blood when the verdict didn't turn out as they had hoped; I was surprised when people managed to find a way to tie this in to the gun debate. Fucking pitiful.

Not Guilty....as I said Zimmerman would walk! This case was blown out of proportion to begin with. And..it's been nothing but a media circus. But he was found not guilty, due to lack of evidence so let's move on.

• Upvote 1

Not Guilty....as I said Zimmerman would walk! This case was blown out of proportion to begin with. And..it's been nothing but a media circus. But he was found not guilty, due to lack of evidence so let's move on.

Was and still is a media circus. :yep:

Did you know Trayvon had a tool used to break into cars on him that night. But he ditched the tool before the fight. It was found, but they could never 100% link it to him as evidence.

Did you know Trayvon had a tool used to break into cars on him that night. But he ditched the tool before the fight. It was found, but they could never 100% link it to him as evidence.

That's not relevant, whether you like it or not.

Nothing in this situation justifies Trayvon's death.

How is it not? Your telling me someone carries around a tool to break into cars for the hell of it? He was obviously up to no good to be carrying it on him. Martin waited for Zimmerman in the bushes and struck him once he got off the phone with the police.

Martin is a thug, whether you like it or not. He was suspended from school 3 times for several reason that include drugs, truancy, graffiti, carrying burglary tool and swinging at a bus driver. He was also found with a stash of bag full of women's jewelry when suspended.

Edited by Bucman
  • Upvote 1

Nobody said his death was justified. Just that he wasn't this poor innocent child who was brutally murdered by a racist bigot. Everyone was in the wrong here, IMO. It was just unfortunate for Trayvon and his family that they got the worst of the deal.

• Upvote 1

While I do agree, this case was blown out of proportion. Racially motivated IMO. But it is easier said than done to move on. Some will move on. Others will just foster yet more hate in their hearts and use this as fuel to keep it burning. And that's the sad part! This hate and bigotry thing is getting old, if you hate someone based on skin color or sexual orientation shows your level of intelligence and you wonder why is it so easy to hate people you don't even know. Very sad! :facepalm:

• Upvote 1

While I do agree, this case was blown out of proportion. Racially motivated IMO. But it is easier said than done to move on. Some will move on. Others will just foster yet more hate in their hearts and use this as fuel to keep it burning. And that's the sad part! This hate and bigotry thing is getting old, if you hate someone based on skin color or sexual orientation shows your level of intelligence and you wonder why is it so easy to hate people you don't even know. Very sad! :facepalm:

Racially motivated, yet he didn't know he was black.

Before the Trayvon Martin shooting even took place, George Zimmerman was one of the few non-black people that helped protest the beating of a black homeless man by the son of a Sanford police officer that was left unpunished. The twist to this story is that George Zimmerman asked the NAACP in Sanford for help, but he was shot down, claiming they didn’t have the resources to help the homeless black man.

So without the help of the NAACP George Zimmerman printed his own fliers and distributed them at black churches in the area. Only after the guilty party turned himself in did the NAACP become involved in negotiating an “undisclosed financial reward” for the black man George Zimmeran had helped.

In the same time frame George Zimmerman was helping blacks, he was video taped saying, “I would just like to state that the law is written in black and white. It should not and cannot be enforced in the gray for those that are in the thin blue line.” Ironically, the same police department George Zimmerman protested for racial violence and cover-ups is the police department that investigated Zimmerman after Trayvon Martin. In the end, even the FBI said George Zimmerman is not racist.

Edited by Bucman
  • Upvote 1

Racially motivated, yet he didn't know he was black.

Before the Trayvon Martin shooting even took place, George Zimmerman was one of the few non-black people that helped protest the beating of a black homeless man by the son of a Sanford police officer that was left unpunished. The twist to this story is that George Zimmerman asked the NAACP in Sanford for help, but he was shot down, claiming they didn’t have the resources to help the homeless black man.

So without the help of the NAACP George Zimmerman printed his own fliers and distributed them at black churches in the area. Only after the guilty party turned himself in did the NAACP become involved in negotiating an “undisclosed financial reward” for the black man George Zimmeran had helped.

In the same time frame George Zimmerman was helping blacks, he was video taped saying, “I would just like to state that the law is written in black and white. It should not and cannot be enforced in the gray for those that are in the thin blue line.” Ironically, the same police department George Zimmerman protested for racial violence and cover-ups is the police department that investigated Zimmerman after Trayvon Martin. In the end, even the FBI said George Zimmerman is not racist.

Pretty sure he meant the *case* was racially motivated, as in, that was the entire reason Zimmerman was arrested in the first place. The local sheriff refused to arrest him and was fired because of that. If Zimmerman and Martin are both the same race, the case never goes to trial.

• Upvote 1