Phins4life

What's in a Name?

I could have sworn we use to have a thread on this, but maybe I'm just mis-remembering...I digress.

Why'd you pick your screen name? Not all of us have the most enigmatic of TGP aliases (ahem...this guy), but it's still cool to hear the backstory.

My story: I picked something highly unoriginal (it was also my first choice thanks to the absence of Phins fans), but it couldn't be more true of a statement about where my loyalties lie. I grew up in South Carolina, and for the first 8 years of my life it was all Miami football, since my dad had grown up in Florida and worshiped the Dolphins during their Golden Age. When the Panthers were born in 1995, it became more of an oddity to find a die hard Dolphins fan sitting in the backyard of the Panthers' market. But that's just how I was, despite having never grown up down there. Dan Marino was my football hero growing up, and I dealt with the almost annual pain of watching him fall short too early in the playoffs. I got to see our defense shine in the Madison/Surtain/Thomas/Taylor era. I've stuck with them through the 1,001 QB changes and the almost winless season (thank you, Greg), and the countless "this is our turnaround year" speeches. The name was an easy one to pick. In all honesty, it could be any of the teams that were around at the time. Family influence had the final say.

• Upvote 1

Moved to Georgia from Upstate New York in the mid 2000's. Became an Eagles fan watching Randall Cunningham dismantle my Step Dad's Giants one year in the late 80's. My step dad was so impressed with him early in his career even through his strong dislike (he's not a huge football guy, likes baseball more) of the Eagles I think it just rubbed off on me. Dubbo why I exactky chose the name but it probably had to do with there being so few Eagles fans around me, that is until "half" of the Falcons fanbase decided that they rooted for Vick more than their team and decided to switch.

Originally joined to talk CFB but this is obviously an NFL-heavy board. Was originally Razorback_Red but got tired of typing it every time to log-in so I abbreviated down to what most called me anyways.

Back when I signed up for TGP I was always a variation of Stevo on the internet (though nobody calls me it in person), and the V is capitalized because it's my last initial.

The first message board I signed up for was an old NASCAR forum. I was a Rusty Wallace fan and he ran an awesome Miller for President of Beers paint scheme I loved, so I joined as Miller4Prez. Eventually people just started calling me Milla, so I went with it.

• Upvote 1

Because I'm vicious and delicious.

I guess mine speaks for itself. I've considered a change several times, to something more indicative of the life I've lived, but never have changed the screen name.

Started using BenJarvus Green-Ellis back in November 2008 (at another forum) when BJGE was an unknown rookie. 'Twas amused by his name, so I rolled with it. I've changed it a few times here, but it never felt right. It's just been a staple. :yep:

Used Favre4Ever nearly everywhere I have been on the internet. Didn't start getting into these types of communities and online forums until late into Brett's career when every year was his last. Being my favorite player and all, I just decided to commemorate him in my username. At the time I thought I was really awesome and original for coming up with the name... After i started using it though I started to realize how many other people had thought up of the same name. :laugh:

Changed my name here many times but this just kinda sticks.

Started using BenJarvus Green-Ellis back in November 2008 (at another forum) when BJGE was an unknown rookie. 'Twas amused by his name, so I rolled with it. I've changed it a few times here, but it never felt right. It's just been a staple. :yep:

Yeah now you just looked confused.

Was never a fan of long names, and made a switch during a trend at another site where capital letters and 1-2 name lengths became super popular. Also get tired of coming up with creative "behind the meaning" things for simple things like SN's when the simple options seems to last the longest and stick the best.

Thought BayAreaBomber sounded cool and as I become well known wanted to be just Bay. People called me Bay anyway. :yep:

>Started playing Diablo 2 online around 04-05

>Had account for a few months

>Get a whisper saying "Hey, if you send us your password we'll show you what your server rank is!"

>Do it, despite knowing that Blizzard offered no such ranking or ever asked for your pass

>Know I dun goof'd right when I hit the enter key. Logged out, can't log back in

>Sadface

>Look up words dealing with revenge

>Vindicate

>The_Vindicator is born

>Everyone that I played with in game called me Vin

>Join Jags' MB in '06

>Too lazy to think of a new username

/end username story

Edited by Vin

Used Favre4Ever nearly everywhere I have been on the internet. Didn't start getting into these types of communities and online forums until late into Brett's career when every year was his last. Being my favorite player and all, I just decided to commemorate him in my username. At the time I thought I was really awesome and original for coming up with the name... After i started using it though I started to realize how many other people had thought up of the same name. :laugh:

Changed my name here many times but this just kinda sticks.

What the? Where does "JD" come from now? Or does you last/middle name start with a D?

Jeramie 'the Dildos' Kruger, IIRC.

What the? Where does "JD" come from now? Or does you last/middle name start with a D?

My middle name. My grandpas first name and my dads middle name as well. :yep: Will probably be my first sons middle name, when we get there. :laugh: