Favre4Ever

Who is Your Dark Horse In 2013?

Which team do you think can quietly be much better than anyone is giving them credit for?

My pick is easy.

Brandon+Weeden+Cleveland+Browns+v+Detroit+a89KrWr_q-wl.jpg

The Browns no longer classify as a team you can pick to be a blackhorse.

Everyone and their brother is on their dick right now.

Even I think we suck but I'm conditioned to think that way.

Anywho, Chiefs.

Minnesota. Everybody's down on them based on one player. They're solid everywhere else, and Ponder will be better.

From left field, I'll say Arizona. I like what they've done this offseason and think they'll be competitive, yes, competitive in the NFC West.

Not sure the Colts count but I don't see a ton picking them for the playoffs outside of Colts fans.

So I go Colts. I picked them last offseason too.

I picked them last year. I definitely am able to do so. :D. Also, it would have been very obvious of me to pick the Chiefs, and then it would look hilariously bad when they once again fail me.

Sound logic.

:Browns:

:Rams:

Edited by Chernobyl426

*rolls dice*

Uh... Kansas City and Philly.

:Cardinals: I've been saying this for a while but I think Palmer will definitely make the Cardinals a better football team. He already has the best WR in the league (in my opinion) and Larry will definitely get back on track stat wise. The Cardinals already had a good defense last year outside of that one Seattle game (even though the offense 6 turnovers didn't help). I think they will surprise some people.

I didn't want to be a homer and pick my Eagles but in the division we are in, I think it's definitely possible. If Chip can get Vick playing like he did in 2010 or somewhere near that level, then I think we have a shot in our shaky division. I believe our offensive line is back to shape and will be a top O-line in this league and I think that will help Vick out loads. Vick's last two years weren't all his fault. It was a mixture of different elements; bad offensive line play, bad coaching schemes/ play calling with bad decisions by Vick including turnovers. We had a decimated offensive line last year and Andy Reid had Vick throwing over an average of 35 times a game which is a recipe for disaster.; not to mention completely depriving one of the most talented RBs in the league in carries, Lesean Mccoy. It's been shown already that Chip will run the ball and run it a lot. Also it appears he will put his players in the best situation to succeed and make adjustments which is something that Andy Reid didn't do. So I'm slightly optimistic. I still don't have any expectations for this year but I think it's impossible for us to make some noise. We still have some of those dangerous players from that 2010 roster. So the talent is still there. It just falls down to us being able to put it together.

Sound logic.

Well...yeah.

If everyone is talking up/predicting good things for a team, how can they be a dark horse?

New York could potentially have a good running game and a great defense. If those two things come together and they somehow get middling play out of their quarterbacks, they will be a lot tougher than people Imagine.

New York could potentially have a good running game and a great defense. If those two things come together and they somehow get middling play out of their quarterbacks, they will be a lot tougher than people Imagine.

I tend to agree. I think the defense is almost a given. A lot is riding on that run game. If the Jets can be productive in the run game and one of the QBs can play somewhat sufficient, I think they can make some noise. Not sold on playoff noise though, but can play tough.

Well...yeah.

If everyone is talking up/predicting good things for a team, how can they be a dark horse?

I haven't seen any talking heads predict anything magnificent for the Browns. Any loser last year can be a dark horse this year.Some are more popular than others. Being a Browns fan I personally think they will challenge for the division.

There won't be one.

And I will be right.

:Bucs: I picked them last year to make the playoffs and ended up getting burned, but I'm going with the Buccaneers(again). With the addition of Revis and Goldson, that defense is stout both against the run and the pass. On offense you have Freeman in a contract year, and I believe he'll step it up and prove he's worth some decent dough. And uh yeah, Doug Martin and Vincent Jackson.

:Chargers: I feel like I pick the Chargers every year, and every year they let me down. I can't help but pick them again though. I just love Philip Rivers. I'll never count the Bolts out as long as he's their QB.

• Upvote 2

In the NFC, I'd go with the Cowboys.

AFC I honestly don't know any team. I'm inclined to say the :Bills:.

NFC I'll go with the :Lions: