1. SEGA Genesis

2. SNES

3. NES

4. PS1

5. XBox 360

I have a lot of biased nostalgia with SEGA Genesis. >_>

1. PS2

2. PS1

3. Game Boy (handhelds count too, right?)

4. N64 (had a shit ton of fun playing it with friends... never really used my personal one much, tho)

5. XBOX 360

6. PS3

HM: PS Vita. Briefly had it for a month lol.

1. SNES.

Holder of the greatest game ever made (Chrono Trigger), as well as other amazing games like Lufia 2, Seiken Densetsu 3, Fire Emblem 4, Final Fantasy 4, 5 and 6 (yeah, they were all fun, no misses there). Breath of Fire 1 and 2, Mega Man X, Tecmo Super Bowl, Super Bases Loaded 2, and Super Metroid. I'm missing quite a few other games that are worthy of this spot.

2. Play Station 2

Insanely good library, as well as having the last good final fantasy. The controller just felt right in your hands.

3. N64

4. XBox 360

5. Nintendo Gamecube

1. PS1- PS1 was revolutionary at the time it came out and captivated me like no other system and born so many classic games and franchises. Games like FF7 (favorite game of all time), Tomb Raider 3, Tekken 1 & 2, Crash Bandicoot 1-3 , Syphon Filter 1-2, Twisted Metal 2 (crazy fun), Legend of Dragoon, Resident Evil 1-3 & Directors Cut, Oddworld Abes Oddysee, Jet Moto, Tony Hawk Skateboarding, Cool Boarders 3, Bushido Blade, Grand Theft Auto 1 & 2, Spyro and many others I can't seem to remember at the moment. PS1 was pure awesome.

2. Gamecube- Surprising, yes. But Gamecube had some of my favorite games of all time. The game that introduced me to the online gaming world Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2. My love for this game is almost unmatched in regard to the amount of fun I had playing this game. Spent well over 1000 hours on this game. I truly fell in love with online gaming and the interactive experience and this game will always have a special place in my heart above all others. The PSO community was just awesome. Also, Supersmash Melee, Zelda Wind Waker (awesome), Star Fox Adventures, Metroid Prime, Mario Kart Double Dash, Yu-gi-Oh Falsebound Kingdom (didn't watch the show but fell in love with this game).

3. N64- Birthed some of my favorite games of all time, Zelda Ocarina of Time and Super Smash Bros. Other titles, Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing, 007 (best multiplayer game of all time; proximity mines ftw), Bomberman, Zelda Majora's Mask, Pokemon Stadium, Mario Kart 64

4. PS2- Grand Theft Auto Sandreas (favorite GTA of all time) Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, God of War 1 & 2, Burn out, Need for Speed Most Wanted (favorite racing game of all time)

5. Dreamcast- Way before it's time. Birthed my favorite fighting game of all time; Soul Caliber 1 & 2. Other titles, Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Spiderman and Wolverine = gg) Sonic Adventure 1, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (favorite sonic game of all time; awesomeness), Dead or Alive 1 & 2, Crazy Taxi, Sonic Shuffle (favorite party game of all time; better than Mario Party)

Special Shout outs:

Xbox 360- Call of Duty Black Ops 1 (favorite fps of all time) & Black Ops 2

Sega- My first console that I owned and my first two games were Sonic 2 and X-men 2. Other favorites, Gunstar Heroes, Madden 1995, Sonic 1-3 & Sonic & Knuckles (Sonic 3 favorite), Super Street Fighter 2 (Feilong ftw) and others I can't remember right now.

Gameboy Color- Pokemon Red, Yellow, Silver & Crystal, Pokemon Trading Card Game, Yu-gi-Oh Dark Duel Stories (didn't watch the show but played the games), Megaman Extreme 2, Kirby's Dreamland.

Xbox: ESPN2K5: best sports game ever created.

PC: World of Warcraft. Nuff said.

Edited by dutchff7

1. PS1

2. SNES

3. PS2

4. N64

5. Xbox 360

1a. SNES (Woo Chrono Trigger)

1b. PS1

PS2

PS3

N64

Man, I've had such a hard-on for all of my systems at different points in my life that I don't think I could rank the eras of nostalgia. I'll just make a list.

SNES

PSOne (Fat and Slim)

PS2 (Fat and Slim)

PS3 (Fat and Slim)

GameBoy Pocket

GameBoy Advance

Nintendo DS Lite

PSP

PC

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

BLUE is a sega fanboy?!? Noooooooooooooooooooo. lol. Everything after 1 is INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT for me.

1. SNES - Chrono Trigger? LULZ.

. Beastlier. And then one of the best games of all time -

2. Playstation 2 - One of the best games of all time. Doesn't Get.

And while the difference is distinct, Monster Hunter gets no love anywhere when it should.

3. N64 - Just like you will read below, it's hard to put something so nostalgic so relatively low on my list. Some of my fondest memories of my childhood are of me and my two brothers sitting around the N64 and passing off the controller playing titles like Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario 64 (Massive love-hate relationship here. lol), Bomberman 64, Kirby and the Lost Shards (or something like that), All of the pokemon titles (Snap, Stadiums, etc), all of the Mario Party Titles, Cruisin' Around the World, Mario Kart, and maybe my favorite or 2nd favorite game of all time... Super Smash Brothers. For me, personally... This was just an incredibly special console and it gets the nod above PS1 because for me and my family, growing up with the N64, the library was just much better. I am not comparing the overall libraries, so don't get all defensive out there... lol. Just talking the titles I played and what I was exposed to.

4. Xbox 360 - The 360 has brought a new meaning to online gaming and set the stage for the explosion that has been indie gaming.

5. PS1 - It's hard to put the Playstation 1 so low on my list. Some of my fondest and earliest memories have come on the console. Arguably my favorite game of all time (FF Tactics) resides here.. And I grew up on gaming with titles like Crash, Spyro, and the like (Super Puzzle Fighter II was a great and underrated title FTR)

Edited by Favre4Ever

SNES

NES

N64

SEGA

PS1

PS3

GBC/GBA

PS2

GC

I'm just saying, the only console I have is an N64 and those games still hold up great.

I like all of them that I've ever had. I think my Game Cube has a lot of fond memories but one that kinda got left behind because of a late release but I absolutely loved was the "man-machine," my original Xbox. The thing even had a beer holder in the middle.

Original_Xbox.jpeg

I thought it did just about everything the PS2 did, only better (though with an admittedly smaller library). It was not as popular because it released so much later (hence smaller library) than the PS2 and was a newcomer to the gaming market but damn I loved that thing.

Edited by GA_Eagle