AL_Royalty

Are 11-6 Chiefs for real?

Pretty much any secondary in the league can be beat when you have no pass rush. Just as any bad secondary can look good with an exemplary rush.

The Chiefs are absolutely, without a doubt for real. If Hali and Houston don't get hurt, this is likely a blowout. Yeah, they say you need to be deep and able to overcome injuries, but when your pass rushers go down in a pass heavy league like this? They could have just as easily lost to any other team in the league. If Hali and Houston finish this game, it's potentially over in the third quarter.

I don't know how you can call a team frauds after a 41-38 game. The Chargers aren't playoff material, but they're certainly not a bad team and they have one of the best QBs in the league. They can win on any given Sunday.

If they aren't any good without those guys, then they aren't any good. Chargers were without their top FOUR outside linebackers. But had we lost and I mentioned that, it would have just been making excuses.

I mean, on a positive note for KC,at least they finally scored some points. The Chargers defense isn't the best but they're not completely terrible. I still think they're frauds but they definitely needed a game where the offense produces like they did today.Jamaal Charles dominated. Alex Smith was efficient. They'd better hope at least one of their pass rushers can come back though because that defense can be beat in the secondary.

Oh no, the Chargers defense is absolutely and completely terrible. We allow the most yards per play of anyone in the entire league. Dumpster. Fire.

• Upvote 1

If they aren't any good without those guys, then they aren't any good. Chargers were without their top FOUR outside linebackers. But had we lost and I mentioned that, it would have just been making excuses.

I mean, on a positive note for KC,at least they finally scored some points. The Chargers defense isn't the best but they're not completely terrible. I still think they're frauds but they definitely needed a game where the offense produces like they did today.Jamaal Charles dominated. Alex Smith was efficient. They'd better hope at least one of their pass rushers can come back though because that defense can be beat in the secondary.

Oh no, the Chargers defense is absolutely and completely terrible. We allow the most yards per play of anyone in the entire league. Dumpster. Fire.

Excuses? Are any of those OLBs as good as Tamba Hali and Houston? No. Absolutely not. You lose two of your best defensive players, and it's going to matter, especially when both are superstar defensive players in this league. Without a pass rush, Philip Rivers is going to beat anybody.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Excuses? Are any of those OLBs as good as Tamba Hali and Houston? No. Absolutely not. You lose two of your best defensive players, and it's going to matter, especially when both are superstar defensive players in this league. Without a pass rush, Philip Rivers is going to beat anybody.

So pass rush isn't important to us like it is to them? Because Hali and Houston are better than our guys, it's an excuse for them and not for us? And we don't even have our 2nd stringers. 3rd stringers on both sides. And missing our starting left tackle and both starting wide receivers. And starting running back went down during the game.

So yeah, excusing a Chiefs' loss because of Hali and Houston is just that... a lousy excuse. Even with those two out, they weren't nearly as banged up as we are.

If you fall apart because two starters go down, then you aren't all that good. And if they can't find a way to win games moving forward without those two, then they aren't "for real."

• Upvote 1

Different situations are different. Pass rushers are the most important defensive position, now, especially when you've got two elite pass rushers. It made a legitimate difference.

Different situations are different. Pass rushers are the most important defensive position, now, especially when you've got two elite pass rushers. It made a legitimate difference.

So playing with out Dwight Freeney, Melvin Ingram, Jarrett Johnson, and Larry English hasn't made a legitimate difference for SD?

I don't even understand what you guys are arguing about. Injuries definitely make a difference for every team, but it's no reason to make excuses. You win or lose with the guys you have on the field.

With that said, the Chiefs need to get healthy. It is bigger than this game.. Moving forward, they have to get guys back. You can trash Dunta all you want, but his absence was felt even more after Hali and Houstin left. Having half their Oline out didn't seem to effect their offense much.. hell, it got better. :laugh:

So pass rush isn't important to us like it is to them? Because Hali and Houston are better than our guys, it's an excuse for them and not for us? And we don't even have our 2nd stringers. 3rd stringers on both sides. And missing our starting left tackle and both starting wide receivers. And starting running back went down during the game.

So yeah, excusing a Chiefs' loss because of Hali and Houston is just that... a lousy excuse. Even with those two out, they weren't nearly as banged up as we are.

If you fall apart because two starters go down, then you aren't all that good. And if they can't find a way to win games moving forward without those two, then they aren't "for real."

Seriously? When two pro bowl guys go out you're not expected to suffer? You usually make logical, thought out arguments that I can at least understand even if I don't agree. This is just asinine. Spin it any way you like. You're dead wrong here.

How about you guys lose Rivers and see what happens. You think they'd still be competitive or at the same level offensively? You think you guys put up 41 on us? I mean after all, he's just one guy. You should be just fine without him, right? That's your argument.

Also, who said you were making excuses in this thread? If they're banged up their banged up. Don't let your sour grapes of hate make you spout out nonsensical babble.

We lost 20+sacks today. It's not a horrible excuse or whatever you called it. It's a viable reason for our defense-you see, that's what they play if you weren't aware-to suffer greatly.

You're right about one thing though. Without those two guys we're not "for real. " They aren't going to play as well on defense, which is, as fate would have it, the strength of this Chiefs team. It ain't rocket science dude.

Bowe shook. The Chiefs are just another fraud team in the muddled mixture of the AFC. Broncos gonna spank their asses and make it three in a row.

Seriously? When two pro bowl guys go out you're not expected to suffer? You usually make logical, thought out arguments that I can at least understand even if I don't agree. This is just asinine. Spin it any way you like. You're dead wrong here.

How about you guys lose Rivers and see what happens. You think they'd still be competitive or at the same level offensively? You think you guys put up 41 on us? I mean after all, he's just one guy. You should be just fine without him, right? That's your argument.

Also, who said you were making excuses in this thread? If they're banged up their banged up. Don't let your sour grapes of hate make you spout out nonsensical babble.

We lost 20+sacks today. It's not a horrible excuse or whatever you called it. It's a viable reason for our defense-you see, that's what they play if you weren't aware-to suffer greatly.

You're right about one thing though. Without those two guys we're not "for real. " They aren't going to play as well on defense, which is, as fate would have it, the strength of this Chiefs team. It ain't rocket science dude.

You got beat at home by a team that's even more banged up, especially at that position. Of course it hurts. Losing our pass rushers has hurt. I'm just saying that injuries aren't an excuse in this league. Everyone deals with them, and the Chiefs have actually been pretty fortunate this year in that regard.

What I'm not saying, and this may be the confusion, is that those guys being out had no effect on the game. Clearly it changed things.

Yes- the most important defensive position. On every team. Ours as well as theirs. The fact that we began the year with lesser starters in no way changes that. My point being that when Hali/Houston went down, the Chiefs got a taste of what we've been dealing with since before the season.

Were Brandon Flowers, Derrick Johnson, Sean Smith, Dontari Poe, and Eric Berry injured as well? I didn't see them yesterday.

• Upvote 1

Wow, can't believe so many people are making excuses for the Chiefs. This isn't because of injuries, it's just the team coming back down to reality.

If losing 2 guys is making that big of an impact on your defense, your depth sucks and needs to improve immediately. No way should there be that big of a drop off.

The Bucs didn't have their 2 All Pro's in the secondary yesterday against Detroit who has a top 10 offense, and we managed to hold them to 21 points and forced 5 turnovers. If the dogshit Bucs can overcome injuries like that (I didn't even mention Carl Nicks, Mason Foster, Mike Williams, Doug Martin, etc.), the Chiefs definitely should be able to, especially if you think they are legit.

Are the 9-2 Broncos for real :troll:. Injuries suck but its part of the NFL. The Bears have 5 defensive players on IR. Four of them were starting week 1 and two of them are our starting defensive tackles.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

It is a different situation for Kansas City. Yes, SD is beat up at OLB, but your backups aren't being asked to go out there and make an impossible impact at rushing the passer. Whoever the hell is backing up Hali and Houston are being asked to go out there and even come close to being elite at the position. It wasn't going to happen, and that's why they lost this one game. Had they had a week to prepare it's probably a different scenario.

Again, the Chiefs are in no way frauds for losing to San Diego. San Diego can beat anybody in this league on any given Sunday. That's how it is when you have a great quarterback.

It is a different situation for Kansas City. Yes, SD is beat up at OLB, but your backups aren't being asked to go out there and make an impossible impact at rushing the passer. Whoever the hell is backing up Hali and Houston are being asked to go out there and even come close to being elite at the position. It wasn't going to happen, and that's why they lost this one game. Had they had a week to prepare it's probably a different scenario.

Again, the Chiefs are in no way frauds for losing to San Diego. San Diego can beat anybody in this league on any given Sunday. That's how it is when you have a great quarterback.

That first paragraph makes zero sense. Pass rush and depth is important to every team in this league. KC is not special or different in that regard. If you can't deal with the normal amount of injuries that come with an NFL season, then you aren't really that good. Which, coincidentally, is why the Chargers aren't really that good.

They're a good, but not great team that had a very fortunate schedule to start the year. They'll make the playoffs and maybe win a round but aren't a real contender (granted I would've said that about Baltimore last year).

• Upvote 2

Bad news: The Chiefs are not as good as their record says they are.

Good news: Neither is anyone else in the NFL this year.

• Upvote 1

That first paragraph makes zero sense. Pass rush and depth is important to every team in this league. KC is not special or different in that regard. If you can't deal with the normal amount of injuries that come with an NFL season, then you aren't really that good. Which, coincidentally, is why the Chargers aren't really that good.

So it's normal to lose your two best pass rushers in one game? I don't think so.

Weird seeing how they managed to match Hali and Houston's sack total over the past three games NOT including yesterday's game. Imagine how much better San Diego's offense would be with Floyd and Alexander. Or how much better SD's defense would be with Freeney and Ingram. Pretty much every team in the NFL can play the injury card.

I could EASILY make the argument that Freeney is better than either Hali or Houston when he's actually on the field tbh. The Chargers had a lot of key injuries too. I don't think you can say one team had an edge over the other in that department. The Cheifs were at home in this game against the Chargers and they'll be at home against Denver. They really have to win at least 3 of their next 5 if I'm going to consider them "for real." The two hardest games left on their schedule are home games. If they lose to both Denver and Indy then they're a joke in my mind. :shrug:

Ya, you could also argue that Ryan Leaf was a smarter pick than Peyton Manning. Doesn't mean it's true.