Bucman

Official 2014 NBA OffSeason

My Bulls continue to frustrate me

In what way? I could swear you said you didn't want Melo on the team very recently.

LeBron signing a 2-year deal so he can jump on board Philly's dynasty in 2016. :smug:

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

If you really want to play the conspiracy game, KD could be a free agent in 2016 as well.

• Upvote 1

Why the heck did Washington not re-sign Ariza? 4 yrs/32 is extremely reasonable for him, almost underpaid. I really do not get it, especially after overpaying for Gortat earlier. Are they relying on Otto Porter to be the starting SF?

Also, does Houston even match Parsons offer sheet now?

Edited by BradyFan81

If you really want to play the conspiracy game, KD could be a free agent in 2016 as well.

and NY will have a ton of cap space lol

Houston better match Parsons or sign Deng.

Well looks like Ariza is off the market. I think I would have preferred him to Lance Stephenson now that Melo's back in NY. Stephenson isn't the most attractive addition to the team but I feel like we need someone to fill the empty role on our roster.

The Bulls fan in me will never say anything bad about Derrick Rose, but the business side of me always has the thought in the back of my mind that he might be hurt again and I think that right now, the window is starting to open for us. Our players outside of Rose are maturing and becoming excellent starters (Noah the DPOY, Taj the 6MOTY runner up, Jimmy the elite perimeter defender). If Hinrich comes back, I wonder if we could potentially slide Butler to SF where he played when he first came here, and put Hinrich at SG with Rose. Hinrich can hit the 3, and usually plays PG in Rose's absence, and I know that Thibs loves Hinrich so it might be a good experiment to play around with as a starting 5.

In what way? I could swear you said you didn't want Melo on the team very recently.

After letting it sink in I feel a little better, but still I'm not super excited about Pau

I don't care if every team in the league wanted him, I don't understand why everyone is chasing someone who is close to turning 35yrs old. I like Pau always did, but at this point he is winding down and his skill set translates directly to what Boozer brought and we already saw that didn't work. His length helps on defense naturally, but he can't run anymore!

The whole time I didn't want to chase these guys. Taj is starting, Mirotic is coming over seems like one way or another. We have Mcdermott (who I hate) and Snell at the small forward. Bring back Hinrich or Augustin or both. Derrick comes back. And bring in someone behind Jimmy Buckets. THAT'S ALL WE HAD TO DO.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Anthony Morrow to OKC. That's a great pick-up.

After letting it sink in I feel a little better, but still I'm not super excited about Pau

I don't care if every team in the league wanted him, I don't understand why everyone is chasing someone who is close to turning 35yrs old. I like Pau always did, but at this point he is winding down and his skill set translates directly to what Boozer brought and we already saw that didn't work. His length helps on defense naturally, but he can't run anymore!

The whole time I didn't want to chase these guys. Taj is starting, Mirotic is coming over seems like one way or another. We have Mcdermott (who I hate) and Snell at the small forward. Bring back Hinrich or Augustin or both. Derrick comes back. And bring in someone behind Jimmy Buckets. THAT'S ALL WE HAD TO DO.

I definitely agree about Pau's age, I'm not that happy about it. But even at the age he's at, he's an upgrade on both sides of the floor over Boozer. Plays better defense and is more of a scoring threat. Mirotic I'm excited to see, same with McDermott. I don't know why you hate him, I feel like he can bring solid 3 point shooting to the team, which is something that nobody but Dunleavy can do currently. Even Rose is a bit unreliable from the 3pt line. I'd love to have both Kirk and DJ back but I don't think we can afford them. PG isn't our weakness, despite Rose being gone the past few years. And even though Derrick Rose is coming back, because of the last 2 seasons you'd be out of your mind to not prepare for a potential injury again. I don't think it will happen, and I don't want it to, but history has shown otherwise. And I do believe Snell is the guy behind Jimmy. Hopefully this offseason he's more reliable on defense, which was his major weakness.

In other words, what I'm trying to say is our defense is elite, and our front court offense is very strong. We have good ball movement, but nowhere to go for the outside shot. Jimmy was great 2 years ago, but this past year (perhaps because of his nagging turf toe injury that apparently lasted all season) he was average at best with his shot. If he can return to being that reliable shooter we're probably fine. But that's why everybody wanted Melo. He can create his own shot from outside, and he would have added crazy potential for our offensive game.

Anthony Morrow to OKC. That's a great pick-up.

OKC's bench is looking a lot stronger after that for sure. They're going to kill teams from beyond the arch.

Still really hope the Sixers can get another first by helping the Knicks or Bulls dump salary.

As far as what Chicago is doing, they might not land Melo, but between McDermott and Gasol, I think they've added a lot more offense than they had last year. I think at this point it's just an added bonus if they get anything from Rose but if they do they should have another element of scoring next year. I think with Cleveland being so young that they have a shot at going to the finals.

Buckets... Buckets everywhere...

Anyway, I'm not really getting the move by the Bulls. It's not a bad one, but they needed another ball handle from the wing.

Cavs working three team deal w/ Warriors/TWolves. Warriors get multiple 1st rnd picks. Wolves get Klay and Tristan Thompson. Love to Cavs

God if we pull that off and get to keep Waiters. We would be set.

Edited by OhioSportsFan
  • Upvote 1

I definitely agree about Pau's age, I'm not that happy about it. But even at the age he's at, he's an upgrade on both sides of the floor over Boozer. Plays better defense and is more of a scoring threat. Mirotic I'm excited to see, same with McDermott. I don't know why you hate him, I feel like he can bring solid 3 point shooting to the team, which is something that nobody but Dunleavy can do currently. Even Rose is a bit unreliable from the 3pt line. I'd love to have both Kirk and DJ back but I don't think we can afford them. PG isn't our weakness, despite Rose being gone the past few years. And even though Derrick Rose is coming back, because of the last 2 seasons you'd be out of your mind to not prepare for a potential injury again. I don't think it will happen, and I don't want it to, but history has shown otherwise. And I do believe Snell is the guy behind Jimmy. Hopefully this offseason he's more reliable on defense, which was his major weakness.

In other words, what I'm trying to say is our defense is elite, and our front court offense is very strong. We have good ball movement, but nowhere to go for the outside shot. Jimmy was great 2 years ago, but this past year (perhaps because of his nagging turf toe injury that apparently lasted all season) he was average at best with his shot. If he can return to being that reliable shooter we're probably fine. But that's why everybody wanted Melo. He can create his own shot from outside, and he would have added crazy potential for our offensive game.

I agree Pau is an upgrade over Boozer, but still that type of offensive philosophy didn't help us win. Pau has to be a scoring option off the bench. You can't justify starting him over Taj or Noah. So I'm fine with him coming off the bench and running pick and pop or feeding him in the post. We just better not spend alot of money.

I went to Illinois State and watched him in our conference for four years. He is a diva and most of his teammates didn't like him despite what people say. He is cocky and until this year he really didn't show much of an arsenal. I like his fit with us, but I don't like him.

Chicago isn't about trying to buy championships. At our heart our sports do it from the ground up. We don't beg and chase. We didn't need a super team or a superstar. We needed to keep the core together and put pieces around them as they grow. Pau is a piece and I can be at peace with that. Melo was a star and I would not have been ok with that even if he averaged 100 points a night. I want to win, but I want to win the right way.

lol at Chicago not trying to buy championships. They went after every big FA in 2010 and had to settle for Boozer and then went hard after Melo this year and had to settle for Gasol.

• Upvote 1

lol at Chicago not trying to buy championships. They went after every big FA in 2010 and had to settle for Boozer and then went hard after Melo this year and had to settle for Gasol.

Chicago as in the people not the management....

Paul Pierce signs with the Wizards on a 2 year deal. That's an odd choice for him, I thought he'd go to the Clippers for sure. Made so much sense, hometown team, former coach, a shot at going for a title. I don't really see Washington as much of a title contending team.

Paul Pierce signs with the Wizards on a 2 year deal. That's an odd choice for him, I thought he'd go to the Clippers for sure. Made so much sense, hometown team, former coach, a shot at going for a title. I don't really see Washington as much of a title contending team.

The truth in Washington. Might not be a good fit.

• Upvote 2

Guest Phailadelphia

As long as he isn't taking away too many shots from Wall & Beal...

Man, do you know what was funny?

This

lol what does "I want to win the right way" even mean? A ring is a fucking ring. It doesn't look different or carry a different meaning based on how the team was assembled. All that matter is that that was the best team in that particular year. Can we stop with this purist bullshit?

Agreed. I'm not a fan of when a team spends ludicrous amounts of money and sinks their cap to get a player, but when free agency and cap space is done correctly, any team can build a team worthy of a championship. If I'm the Heat with $60 million in cap, I build a new superteam. I have no debts. Nothing holding me back because the previous GM/owner is a shit-tard. That's the beauty of a team. You build it how you want. Your boat floats or sinks by it.

When are we getting Greg Monroe?