Favre4Ever

Super Bowl XLVIII - The Game of Thrones

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win SBXLVIII

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Denver Broncos

We're gonna be lucky if we put up 20 so we need some seriously strong defense if we want to stand a chance in this game.

One thing people aren't really talking about is Seattle's, at best, lukewarm offense. Everyone wants to talk about the matchup with Peyton Manning and that is to be expected... But, honestly, i think the Hawks have to worry more about scoring points. We will see how it all goes down, though, I suppose.

Seattle's offense has been fine all year aside from a bunch of really physical games against divisional opponents and then the game against the Panthers. They could put up points against Denver imo.

Denver's defense will be a key facet. Outside of statistics, I really don't know much about the team. I do know that their secondary is a hot mess due to bad players and injured players.

Seattle's offense can put up 30+. It's a big play offense that is at it's most successful when it hits a big play opportunity. Seattle had more big plays this season than Denver did. If Denver has trouble defending the run, Seattle is going to hit several 25+ yard bombs.

Seattle has just emerged from a murderer's row of elite defenses. Playing 4 games against top 5 overall defenses, and 6 against top 10 going back to week 13. That's 6 out of seven games against top 10 defenses.

It will remain to be seen if Denver's defense will be able to match the physical intensity that Seattle has faced for the last month and a half. The easiest defense we faced was the Rams and that was probably our most intensely physical game of all 7. I simply don't see Denver being able to summon efforts greater than what we've been dealing with for weeks. Truth be told, I think that coming out of that brutal final stretch of games unscathed (and if Harvin plays, healthier even), is going to benefit Seattle greatly.

This offense has been tested like few others down the stretch. One of the things I felt hurt Seattle in SB40 was the fact they weren't really tested heading into the playoffs. We had an easy division, and our playoff matchups were pretty cushy. We were ripe for a team that would punch us in the face.

This team is battle tested. Unlike 2006, this is the team that's going to be doing the punching of faces. I'm not worried about the Hawks' offense. I'm worried that Peyton starts out too hot and we have to get into a shootout.

If he does though, it's worth noting that Seattle has won every game this year where we were down by 10+ points at any point in the game. Including last week.

• Upvote 1

One thing people aren't really talking about is Seattle's, at best, lukewarm offense. Everyone wants to talk about the matchup with Peyton Manning and that is to be expected... But, honestly, i think the Hawks have to worry more about scoring points. We will see how it all goes down, though, I suppose.

Seattle's offense has been fine all year aside from a bunch of really physical games against divisional opponents and then the game against the Panthers. They could put up points against Denver imo.

Fine? Sure. I suppose. Russell Wilson though has been dead in the water thus far. If the Broncos can stop Marshawn Lynch and force Wilson to beat them... I am not sure it's going to be pretty. We are 3 horrible Kaepernick turnovers away from blaming Wilson for allowing the Niners back in it. I don't like playing the what if game, but there is A LOT to be desired when it comes to the Seahawks offense.

Denvers D is the key to the game, IMO. Hopefully it's not a blowout.

• Upvote 1

Let's start this bad boy up. :towel: :towel: :towel:

Peyton will be the 4th QB to start a Super Bowl in same season he led league in passing yds and TDs. The first 3 all lost in the Super Bowl.

#Seahawks are 2-0 at @MLStadium. http://shwks.com/vz9d #Hawkville #SB48

BeZFTLCCIAInOeX.jpg

BemQK3eCQAEd8vQ.jpg

Both the Seahawks + Broncos had a LOT of success playing at Met Life Stadium this year. Denver beat NYG 41-23 Seattle beat NYG 23-0

The Seahawks have the top ranked defense. The Broncos have the top ranked offense. This is gonna be one great matchup.

Edited by BC

I want the Seahawks to win, but all indications point to Denver right now, as much as I hate Peyton Manning. Where did this defense come from?

That, and Russell Wilson isn't going to Trent Dilfer to a win against a team that can drop 40 on ANYBODY. The Broncos probably won't even hit 30 against Seattle, but do you trust Seattle to top 20? I don't.

I hate to say it, but:

:Broncos: 27

:Seahawks: 17

Wilson and the Hawks offense is deceptively good. I don't mean that they can drop 40 on a regular basis, like Denver, but if Seattle forces some TOs, their offense can get hot. They feed off the defense.

• Upvote 1

If we can get a little blizzard bowl going, that may very well be the case.

I have to ask....

Anyone think Peyton is going to choke?

I have to ask....

I'm not sure at this point. The Pats were really depleted heading into that AFCCG. It's hard to hold that against him though when he pretty much had the perfect game and as depleted as the Patriots were, it didn't stop them from handing the Colts an ass beating.

Even if Peyton doesn't choke though I just like Seattle way more as far as match ups go. Like I said before, Seattle is the only team as deep and physical enough to match up with the weapons in Denver's passing game and they have the pass rushers to get to Manning.

One thing I will say is that it's kind of being lost in the shuffle how much of a gamer Lynch is come January. The dude is so far proven to be pretty unstoppable.

Denver was able to shut down a really productive Patriots run game though. You can definitely say that Lynch is a better runner than all of those guys combined, and I wouldn't disagree... But the Broncos have the personnel to limit Lynch, IMO. Will they execute? I cant' say for sure. Denver has been lucky to have some REALLY nice weather out there for the last two playoff games, and I wonder if cold condition will limit their productivity at all.

I have to ask....

No. The article Vin posted changed my mind entirely on that. Peyton doesn't choke in the playoffs any more than anyone else, he's just completely unlucky.

Now watch him go throw three pick-sixes, (please and thank you).

May I suggest we change the title? At first I thought it was about the show :shifty:

Edit: Thanks

Edited by Bay

I have to ask....

No. The article Vin posted changed my mind entirely on that. Peyton doesn't choke in the playoffs any more than anyone else, he's just completely unlucky.

Now watch him go throw three pick-sixes, (please and thank you).

He's due for a little "bad luck" at this point, don't you think? :laugh:

No, Bad Luck played already and he lost to the Patriots.

:yep:

• Upvote 2

I like our chances against a very weak Denver defense and the most resilient defense in the NFL, with the addition of Percy Harvin going in motion and linebackers and nickel backs shitting themselves :yep:

:Seahawks: 30

1. Marshawn Lynch has 4 rushing touchdowns of more than 25 yards in the postseason, twice as much as anyone else in NFL HISTORY #BeastMode

2. Favorite

More

DID YOU KNOW: Richard Sherman began his career at @StanfordFball as a wide receiver and was named a Freshman All-American in 2006.

More

Adrian Peterson is having groin surgery this morning. Typical recovery period is 4-6 weeks (via @JosinaAnderson)

1. . @RSherman_25 intercepts the highest percentage of passes per target in the NFL. #ShutDownCorner

2. Favorite

More

Controlling the field: All 16 of the Broncos Offensive drives have ended on their opponents side of the field.

Denver will wear orange in the SB. They have worn orange in 3 other Super Bowls - losing them all by avg. of 31.3 PPG. (via @ESPNStatsInfo)

Just something I was thinking about.

Anyone else who is taking the Broncos, would you have taken the 49ers had they beaten Seattle? Because I would have.

I still would've taken the Broncos, but the 49ers would've posed a bigger threat than the Seahawks would, just because their offense is more consistent. I remember thinking when Kaep was running all over the Seahawk's D that that was going to be a big problem for whoever they faced.

In all honesty I dont care either way. I however when watching will be rooting for the seahawks, i'll be over at my friends house for the game and she's a HUGE die hard seahawks fan and i know if they lose she will cry. I hate crying women so ya. Lol

Seahawks. I want to see Sherman hoist a Lombardi. His career as a football player starting since HIGH School is an impressive story. He's worked his ass of his entire life, and to see him get a ring would be a sight to see. Also, Marshawn Lynch has had an amazing career..and if he put Seattle on his back to a SB ring..it would make him almost a sure HOF'er.

Peyton doesn't need another ring, and neither does that faggot Welker.

But all bias aside...the AFC is extremely weak and if Denver didn't make it to the SB...I would've been surprised. Seattle has had a much tougher road being in the NFC West and playing the Saints and 49ers in the playoffs. I think they'll be ready, they have no reason to be scared of Denver or Peyton. They have the secondary to cover Denver's receivers..but they also have the players to get to Peyton..which Peyton hasn't even been sacked yet in these playoffs so far.

I think Denver is in for a rude awakening.

I want the Seahawks to win, but all indications point to Denver right now, as much as I hate Peyton Manning. Where did this defense come from?

That, and Russell Wilson isn't going to Trent Dilfer to a win against a team that can drop 40 on ANYBODY. The Broncos probably won't even hit 30 against Seattle, but do you trust Seattle to top 20? I don't.

I hate to say it, but:

:Seahawks: 17

Seattle averaged 26 a game for the year. Seattle is capable of 30+ points against a bottom half defense. Seattle was 8th in scoring in the NFL. Despite playing against much better defenses over the course of the season.

Although Denver was 18th in the league in points allowed, they've been marvelous of late. I can see where Denver's defense may come out salty, given the attention paid to Seattle's unit. As I mentioned earlier, I expect the game to hinge on Denver's defense.

I expect Seattle to hit the 30 mark. It generally fits the scoring we've managed against similar defenses this year. Generally we've been 23 to 34 in that range. However I would also expect Seattle to have to be more aggressive to match the improved offensive capability of Denver.

Seattle should score more than Denver's average allowed.

It's a good match up on paper for Seattle on that side of the ball.

• Upvote 2

Peyton Manning said he fully intends to play in 2014 no matter what happens in Sunday's Super Bowl.
The 37-year-old Manning said he's spoken to Ray Lewis and John Elway, two legends that retired immediately after winning a Super Bowl. But neither were playing at a no-brainer MVP level, and Peyton said he wants to keep going as long as he enjoys the preparation part of the game. It certainly doesn't hurt that he's owed a guaranteed $20 million in 2014. As long as Manning's March neck checkup comes back clean, he'll be back as fantasy's No. 1 quarterback. Jan 27 - 8:32 AM

Source: Denver Post Peyton Manning said he fully intends to play in 2014 no matter what happens in Sunday's Super Bowl.

Edited by ATL

Interesting read by Bill Barnwell.

He claims that the Broncos have the best offense of any team since 1940 and the Seahawks have the 10th best defense in that timespan. Should be a great game.

• Upvote 1

Richard Sherman lined up at right outside cornerback three times during the entire regular season.
As Mike Clay notes in his Super Bowl Rankings article, Sherman simply isn't a shadow corner. He lines up at left corner 80 percent of the time, and moves to safety on another 15 percent. Thomas, meanwhile, lines up wide to Peyton Manning's left on 48 percent of his snaps. The two stars will face off plenty, but Sherman will see more of Eric Decker. Byron Maxwell will work against Thomas and Walter Thurmond III will look to slow Wes Welker in the slot. Jan 28 - 9:59 AM

Also stumbled upon this on Terrence Knighton.

I thought it was a great read, a little lengthy, but worth it. He's an interesting player, and I firmly believe he'll have a huge impact on Sunday's game.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25005936/broncos-terrance-knighton-enjoys-finally-becoming-winner