BLUE

Taco Bell to start serving breakfast

They've been serving breakfast at a Taco Bell near my house for a bout a year now. I tried the A.M. crunchwrap and cinnabon delights once, it was good for it being fastfood. Thought it was better than McDonals' breakfast. That waffle taco looks ridiculous.

They've been testing it for a while. :yep You were probably in one of the "lucky" places to get it, PD. :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Some of that looks really good. Definitely going to try when it comes out here.

Some of that looks really good. Definitely going to try when it comes out here.

Ya i'll give it a try too, i use to eat a crap load of fast food when i was in my teens and soda. Gave them up and i'm glad I did but still want to try this.

Eh. Looks like eating a salt lick for breakfast.

I generally like Taco Bell because their vegetables seem to be fresher than most fast food places. None of the lettuce is ever wilting, and the tomatoes are never too ripe and soggy. Their breakfast menu seems to take that part completely out, though. Looks like everything but veggies lol

Eh. Looks like eating a salt lick for breakfast.

I generally like Taco Bell because their vegetables seem to be fresher than most fast food places. None of the lettuce is ever wilting, and the tomatoes are never too ripe and soggy. Their breakfast menu seems to take that part completely out, though. Looks like everything but veggies lol

A salt lick probably tastes better. Eating Taco Bell will definitely make you pay later in the day, but I still get it once in a while. The loaded grillers are good and cheap, which is usually what I stick too.

I always love having diarrhea in the morning >_>

Yeah...no...I'm good...

:nope:

Gus: That's ridiculous, Clark! You have to try it at least once!

Clark: Diarrhea?

Gus: No! Baseball!

Edited by Bay
  • Upvote 1

I'm trying it for sure, the first day they open it my ass will be down there. :yep:

I must be the only person with a stomach strong enough to eat Taco Bell and not get dysentery.

I must be the only person with a stomach strong enough to eat Taco Bell and not get dysentery.

You are not alone.

I don't eat it much, but when I do it's like an every other time thing. By chance I ate it yesterday — shit my brains out within 10 minutes of finishing. :rofl:

• Upvote 1

For the ones who get sick not long after eating Taco Bell I am wondering how many other times you eat fresh lettuce and tomatoes? Could be that it is the fresh veggies running through your system that isn't used to it??? LOL just trying to guess. They normally don't give me too many issues.

But tbh I am mad at taco bell.....

because we don't have one in the closest town to where I live lol. I think the closest one is 22 miles from my house.

I can handle Taco Bell. On the other hand, Five Guys makes me shit my asshole off, but it's soooo worth it.

For the ones who get sick not long after eating Taco Bell I am wondering how many other times you eat fresh lettuce and tomatoes? Could be that it is the fresh veggies running through your system that isn't used to it??? LOL just trying to guess. They normally don't give me too many issues.

But tbh I am mad at taco bell.....

because we don't have one in the closest town to where I live lol. I think the closest one is 22 miles from my house.

lol @ "fresh" anything in regards to Taco Bell...

That's an awful guess man. :p

My guess is that it's the all natural grass fed 100% beef that gets everybody sick.

• Upvote 2

I can handle Taco Bell. On the other hand, Five Guys makes me shit my asshole off, but it's soooo worth it.

The Five Guys in Grand Forks is balls. It sucks. :( Every other town I've had it and it's been awesome.

The JL Beers in Grand Forks is bitchin, though.

The only time I ever got diarrhea from Taco Bell is when I tried that smothered burrito. I eat grillers and burritos from there with no issues after. KFC always fucked up my stomach though.

So, I got to try the waffle taco this morning. It was pretty damn good, it was like a sausage egg McGriddle but better IMO. I couldn't try anything else from the menu since I was chosen to test one item for free before it gets launched on Thursday. But the next chance I get (either Sunday or if I get a break at work before 11 a.m.), I'm getting the AM crunchwrap.

post-7127-0-35336600-1395752996_thumb.jpg

post-7127-0-83856200-1395753008_thumb.jpg

That actually looks pretty good. :think:

I feel I should also bring up that, while I rarely eat fast food, when I have, I noticed that it usually tastes different/better up north than it does here down south. More specifically up in Michigan (visit family up there sometimes) vs. down here in Florida. At least in my experiences.

What a fucking joke... LMAO. I strolled out today to try this shit and the chick taking my order was massively confused and wildly unprepared for her first breakfast shift. I had to repeat my order of 3 items several times... Then she asked me if everything on the little screen was correct -- it wasn't. I got her to correct two of the items and ordered a Sausage Waffle Taco, Bacon Crunchwrap, and a steak burrito.

I pull up to the window, chick looks higher than Seanbrock... Hands me the bag and gives me advice -- make sure to use syrup with that waffle taco because it makes it taste a lot better.. LOL. Great.. Even the employees are setting the bar low.

HOWEVER... I get home and low and behold. No fucking waffle taco. I got two crunchwraps instead for some fucking reason. It's probably for the better, as I actually enjoy the normal crunchwrap... but the waffle taco was all the rage. I did get the syrup though!!! lol

Go fuck yourself Taco Bell.

EDIT:

Actually, to be honest... It was surprisingly decent. I split everything with a buddy of mine and he and I are in agreement. I thought the eggs, especially, would just taste nasty and of super low quality... They were actually probably the star. Crunchwraps were very solid (I am not a huge frozen breakfast sausage fan, so I preferred the bacon by a large margin).

The burrito was also good... Decent amount of steak, evenly distributed unlike every other burrito I have ever had from TB...

And their salsa... picante sauce or whatever it is, is pretty damn good too.

If it's like this every time, I would definitely get it again... Now I really wish I could have tried that gross waffle taco. :(

I am... shockingly surprised at these results. IMO, of course.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 2

Service can really make or break your total experience though. Shocking how little importance it is given by the vast number of fast food chains. I don't live near a taco bell but i'd like to try breakfast from there. Breakfast is probably my favorite meal of the day.

There is a mcdonalds here and i absolutely refuse to order anything from there. It isn't really that the food is terrible there (same generic non exciting menu as i guess any other mcdonalds---in fact in late 80's the then current vp of marketing for mcdonalds southeast region told me that they don't try to do anything 'great' just consistent food from location to location) but that the service is normally horrible imho. When you get orders wrong 90% of the time or more (I do have a large family admittedly) and they have on numerous times ran out of basic necessities such as KETCHUP, STRAWS, and DRINK LIDS you know they aren't learning from lessons from their failures. If you don't take care of your customers needs they will go vote with their dollar elsewhere.