Milla4Prez63

Buccaneers state of the franchise

Depends on how good those 4-6 players are. There is a zero percent chance all of them pan out and even if we get a handful of good player, you don't win with a team full of good players. Especially when you have the league's worst QB situation.

4-6 players > Mariota.

If you're sold on Mariota, fine, but he's just gonna come in and have a weak team fail him.

I'd say Rams are much better off now. Went from a 2-win team to a team with great pieces that competes every Sunday. Are they a contender? No. But we've seen before what happens when you get a QB before you build a team. That's when you get Sam Bradford.

The Rams have done the best they possibly could do with those picks. Good luck repeating that kinda success. They've also turned some of the picks they got into more picks. Also you do know the Bucs have more than 1 pick in this draft, right?

Posted this at another Bucs forum...

WINSTON MAY NOT BE AN OPTION FOR THE BUCS
Gil ArciaGil Arcia
@GilArciaTBC
As the debate rages on about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers drafting either Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston or Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota, the most important thing about it all is that neither has officially declared for the draft. However, reality may be that the Bucs could have one less quarterback to choose from.
As the debate rages on about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers drafting either Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston or Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota, the most important thing about it all is that neither has officially declared for the draft. However, reality may be that the Bucs could have one less quarterback to choose from.
Early Monday morning, I have learned that head coach Lovie Smith came away extremely impressed with Winston's performance at the Rose Bowl. His "NFL-ready" throws were on display Thursday evening and Smith got a firsthand account of how well Winston handled what was thrown at him. Unfortunately there is uncertainty surrounding the 20-year old Florida State product (21 years old on January 6) as those within FSU have told those close to the Buccaneers he may not declare. There is a meeting with the Florida State baseball team sometime this week and the general feel is he will tell them he is going to play baseball and not declare.
This validates my report earlier this past weekend how several boosters felt that Winston will stay in college. Some have even said that Winston, aside from playing baseball, wants a shot at another National Title and another Heisman Trophy.
But before people begin thinking that Mariota is a lock for the Bucs at first overall (if he declares), think again. His on-field play is a concern for many. This past November I wrote on TheBayCave.com that some close to the Bucs like UCLA quarterback Brett Hundley. In fact, some scouts had him, Winston, and Mariota listed in that order for talent level. Hundley's mindset and control in the pocket has been a concern as well but is considered a good "project" quarterback.
So what does this all mean? Well there is still a chance Winston declares. Albeit a decreasing chance, some hope those close to Winston talk him into declaring. But if not, and with the team having potentially more concerns with Mariota's play, the possibility of a trade down becomes an even bigger factor. At the same time, this situation will increase the draft stock and value of Hundley and the Bucs chances of drafting him become greater if all holds true.
While Winston has until January 15 to officially declare for the NFL Draft, we may know sooner with all signs pointing to this week. If he stays in school, the decision the Bucs face on what they will do with the first overall pick and at quarterback becomes tougher. If they truly target the position.
Follow Bucs Blitz on twitter: @TBBucsOnScout
LINK: http://tam.scout.com/story/1498988-winston-may-not-be-an-option-for-the-bucs
My god man...this team is cursed...
Combination of awful luck and really really (censored)ty decision making.
Drives me bat (censored) crazy sometimes.
Doomed to suck forever.
:Suicide:
Fuck this team.

Posted this at another Bucs forum...

My god man...this team is cursed...
Combination of awful luck and really really (censored)ty decision making.
Drives me bat (censored) crazy sometimes.
Doomed to suck forever.
:Suicide:
Fuck this team.

I thought the same thing when Luck didn't declare.

Also you do know the Bucs have more than 1 pick in this draft, right?

You don't trust them with a trade back haul, why would you trust them with normal picks?

I thought the same thing when Luck didn't declare.

Yeah, but then you got Cam. He's no Luck, but not a bad consolation prize. No guarantee that the Bucs get another #1 pick.

Bucs are going to pass on Mariota. Just a gut feeling I have and it pisses me the fuck off.

Word is they like Jameis the most but he might not declare. Hundley #1 seems feasible now according to sources in Bucs organization. Let's see how Bucs fuck this up.

Bucs would be stupid to take a Qb #1 that will be there in round 2. Call it smokescreens :coffee:

I don't care if Winston declares, I have no interest in him.

Welp...looks like Winston is staying another year...

Apparently baseball teammates of his have been hinting at it on their facebook after their first baseball meeting today. He's apparently going to announce such on his birthday...which is today...

we land the first overall pick and are handed the worst QB draft class in years. this franchise is cursed

Yup.

We're cursed. We're fucked.

More McCown/Glennon.

God I hate this team man. SMFH

Edited by BucD

Wow, definitely didn't think Winston would go back to school. That's a huge blow. I'm a little concerned about Mariota, we're gonna need to hire the right OC if he's gonna succeed.

Wow, definitely didn't think Winston would go back to school. That's a huge blow. I'm a little concerned about Mariota, we're gonna need to hire the right OC if he's gonna succeed.

You won't have to worry. I HIGHLY doubt they will draft Mariota. He'll have to blow the fuck up (in a really good way) in workout visits/Pro Day etc.

• Downvote 1

Well, apparently Winston hasn't officially decided to go back to FSU yet. I bet only one of Mariota and Winston declares. I think Winston is waiting to see what Mariota does.

Yeah I know how he's viewed by most, but he's overrated IMO. Maybe it's just me. Not a fan.

You're not alone. I'd take McKinney over him any day.

• Upvote 1

Well if the Bucs take Mariota.. There is always......................

040314-FSO-CFB-Cardale-Jones2.vadapt.955

:rock:

Who are we going to draft instead, BucD? lol You do this every year, last year there was no way we are firing Schiano and now there is no way we're drafting Mariota even though he's easily the best QB prospect (even if Winston declares) and there is no other rare kind of can't miss prospect.

Welp...looks like Winston is staying another year...

Apparently baseball teammates of his have been hinting at it on their facebook after their first baseball meeting today. He's apparently going to announce such on his birthday...which is today...

we land the first overall pick and are handed the worst QB draft class in years. this franchise is cursed

Yup.

We're cursed. We're fucked.

More McCown/Glennon.

God I hate this team man. SMFH

You know I love ya man, but please stop your madness lol. I guess you've already forgotten 2013, when the Chiefs had the no.1 overall pick. Geno Smith and EJ Manuel ring any bells? We took a RT out of the MAC with the top pick for crying out loud. There is no bigger no.1 pick wasteland than there was that year. Draft fail at it's finest.

As for the state of the Bucs: Well, let's just say I'm glad I'm not a Bucs fan :Suicide:

Who are we going to draft instead, BucD? lol You do this every year, last year there was no way we are firing Schiano and now there is no way we're drafting Mariota even though he's easily the best QB prospect (even if Winston declares) and there is no other rare kind of can't miss prospect.

No shit. lol

This is an AWFULLY run organization starting up with ownership. I have/have had ZERO faith that they are capable of doing the right thing or evaluate talent properly. It's just how it is with me and this team right now. I am an extremely jaded Bucs fan and I guarantee you that a majority of other hardcore fans feel the same exact way.

They could take a DE (lots of good ones in this draft) or take the highest offer and trade down. No doubt any other team will give up a nice package of loot for the right to take Mariota.

I don't trust Lovie and his stubborn ass that is stuck in his stubborn ways. What reason do I, or anyone else, have to believe otherwise? lol They are going to draft scared and pass on Mariota. They'll probably pass on Winston too because of the off the field shit.

They're going to have to SHOW ME otherwise.

Edited by BucD

You know I love ya man, but please stop your madness lol. I guess you've already forgotten 2013, when the Chiefs had the no.1 overall pick. Geno Smith and EJ Manuel ring any bells? We took a RT out of the MAC with the top pick for crying out loud. There is no bigger no.1 pick wasteland than there was that year. Draft fail at it's finest.

As for the state of the Bucs: Well, let's just say I'm glad I'm not a Bucs fan :Suicide:

Yeah, but to be fair bro, Geno and EJ are no where close to being in the same league, talent wise, as Mariota/Winston.

Winston's father says he will be leaving FSU and declaring for the draft...

Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass.

He and Mariota are gonna be ridiculously bad. It's like Ryan Leaf and Peyton Manning if Peyton Manning were a second Ryan Leaf.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass.

He and Mariota are gonna be ridiculously bad. It's like Ryan Leaf and Peyton Manning if Peyton Manning were a second Ryan Leaf.

Those guys are nothing alike :yao:. Winston has great field vision for his age. If it weren't for the immaturity he would go #1 easily.

Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass.

I +1 for humor lol. Come on though. Neither one of these kids will be Ryan leaf. Maybe we'll see a Jameis Russell though? :shrugs:

I'm calling out the BS about Winston being the easy #1 without the off the field issues. Because his on field tape for 2014 was GARBAGE for the hype he has and the way people talk about him. I don't want Jameis (despite being an FSU fan) because of not only the off the field concerns, but he concerns me on the field.

In 2013, the Noles were loaded. Great offensive line, great backs, arguably the best group of receivers in the country plus an awesome defense. Not to take anything away from Winston, but the team was loaded and he produced. In 2014 after losing a lot of talent, we knew we needed Jameis to have a bigger role and do more to win games and it wouldn't come as easy as it did in '13. What happened? He struggled to play with any kind of consistency and had an awful time with turnovers because he was constantly trying to do too much. He has a nice arm, he can make amazing throws. But for every great throw he makes, he makes one that makes you want to scream. Not to mention, that release...the extra split second his slow ass release causes can make a huge difference to NFL defenders. Not just the pass rush, but a ball hawking safety has the extra time to read his eyes and get to the ball.

Maybe it's just me, but I see a LOT of Josh Freeman in Winston. The inconsistent play, the turnovers, the off the field shenanigans with concerns about maturity. Obviously Jameis is a little bit more polished and college proven, but I don't ever see him being a real consistent guy. Too many red flags on and off the field, pass.