Dutch

Top 10 WRs

Reading JD's posts over the past year or two, I've come to the conclusion that 3/4ths of the shit he posts is just a bunch of bullshit trying to create activity in a thread. He seems to have succeeded once again here.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't support JD's "rankings" I do think Nelson deserves more credit then he's getting. I'd take him over DT, as well as Brandon Marshall, Fitz, etc.

Also, do people realize that Julio Jones was completely raping the NFL? Its crazy how low he's on some of these lists imo.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F
  • Upvote 1

Percy Harvin should be number 1 then because he only played one game and raped that team. >_>

• Upvote 1

Also, do people realize that Julio Jones was completely raping the NFL? Its crazy how low he's on some of these lists imo.

Very true. If Julio did't have that injury last year..it would've been a freak year for him.

Easily. The only one I kind of regret right now is Andre Johnson, he should be higher. That was definitely a gaffe on my end. Otherwise, man, my list is awesome.

Elaborate on easily. I do respect your position on Jordy as he is super underrated and as a Packers fan you would know better than me when it comes to his play. That being said, he is a fringe top 10 player for me. Julio is in my top 5, safely at #3.

1. Megatron

2. AJ Green

3. Julio Jones

4. Andre Johnson

5. Demaryius Thomas

6. Josh Gordon

7. Antonio Brown

8. Dez Bryant

9. Brandon Marshall

10. Larry Fitzgerald

I'd have an assortment of VJax, Jordy, and Pierre Garcon (this guy makes some insane catches and had a career year last season) all close behind Larry at #10.

Edited by BJORN

No receiver on the Packers deserves a spot on this list. We all saw how poorly they played when Rodgers wasn't in there. Putting Jordy in the top 10 is bad enough, putting him top 5 is extreme homerism.

Jordy Nelson had arguably the best year of his career. Moronic, you are.

Reading JD's posts over the past year or two, I've come to the conclusion that 3/4ths of the shit he posts is just a bunch of bullshit trying to create activity in a thread. He seems to have succeeded once again here.

Alex, I want have sex with you.

So Jordy is better than Julio, BMarsh, Dez, but most importantly...ANDRE JOHNSON...?

The guy who has had shit handed to him on a platter and is told to make something of it. Never has had any true help in the WR department. And the best QB he had was Schaub..but has dealt with the likes of David Carr, Leinart, Rosenfels, TJ Yates, Keenum and probably someone else who is irrelevant.

mikewoodsonface.gif

Thanatos already brougth this up and I said I would probably move Andre up. :yep: Come up with your own material, at least ATL.

But Jordy is definitely better than everyone else you said. I challenged Sean and everyone else here to tell me why Jordy doesn't belong up there.. What about his game is so inferior that he doesn't deserve a mention? Nobody has answered me. Instead, the retort is.. "You're wrong because I said so".

I gave valid points why Jordy belongs on the list, and until someone can actually formulate a real argument as to why he shouldn't be...He should be on everyone's list.

People putting Larry Fitzgerald are no better than what you are claiming me to be. Stop living in the past. Larry isn't bad by any means, but definitely not Top 10 anymore.

Brandon Marshall is horrible and doesn't deserve the praise you guys give him. He doesn't do anything well except use his size. That's not a bad thing, mind you.. but that's all he does. He runs at half speed, has brick hands, appears to not know the playbook, does nothing after the catch. Lol. He has gotten better the last year or two, I will admit... But a zebra doesn't change it's stripes.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I can tell you why I think Larry is still a top WR in the NFL. I saw him play a couple times this year. He's still a great route runner.he still has great hands and he has such tremendous strength and physicality still. He's a great possession WR. The leaping ability has diminished but I think if the Cards oline improves as much as I think it can we could see a big year from him.

Ah, so Larry is basically a poor mans Jordy Nelson now? Why do you hate Nelson so much, again?

No receiver on the Packers deserves a spot on this list. We all saw how poorly they played when Rodgers wasn't in there. Putting Jordy in the top 10 is bad enough, putting him top 5 is extreme homerism.

Jordy Nelson had arguably the best year of his career. Moronic, you are.

In the 7 games Rodgers wasn't in, Nelson only broke 65 yards twice. In 7 of the 8 games Rodgers played in, Nelson broke 65 yards seven times.

Nelson's numbers are very inflated by having Rodgers as his QB. You having him as a top 5 receiver is ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous? If we are discounting all WRs with good QBs we have the ability to form a whole new list... lol

Give me reasons why Jordy Nelson isn't a Top 5 or Top 10 wideout by pointing out things he does or doesn't do on the field to warrant your hate.

Why is it ridiculous? If we are discounting all WRs with good QBs we have the ability to form a whole new list... lol

Give me reasons why Jordy Nelson isn't a Top 5 or Top 10 wideout by pointing out things he does or doesn't do on the field to warrant your hate.

Josh Gordon had Weeden/Campbell as his QB. He put up back to back 200+. Discrediting a receiver for having a good QB is completely reasonable if that player would cease production without said QB. Julian Edelman is a good example of production without extreme talent but a good QB. Nelson has very good hands and body control, but he can't perform on a top 10 level if he doesn't have A-Rod, and even with A-Rod he sometimes gets lost in the crowd of talent.

• Upvote 2

Josh Gordon had Weeden/Campbell as his QB. He put up back to back 200+. Discrediting a receiver for having a good QB is completely reasonable if that player would cease production without said QB. Julian Edelman is a good example of production without extreme talent but a good QB. Nelson has very good hands and body control, but he can't perform on a top 10 level if he doesn't have A-Rod, and even with A-Rod he sometimes gets lost in the crowd of talent.

Josh Gordon is my #1 WR. I don't discredit him for having crap QBs.

And you are very wrong. He performs at a high level with or without Aaron Rodgers at QB -- regardless of the statistics he puts up. Which is why I mentioned he had his best season as a pro last year with Aaron gone. Aaron Rodgers being out of the lineup may effect his catches / yards / TDs... But it doesn't change the way he plays the game. It doesn't make him run routes any less, it doesn't make him fake out defenders less, it doesn't make him lose more matchups with top ranked CBs,

His skill set does not diminish with a lesser QB -- and neither does any other WR.

No Reggie Wayne anywhere? :think:

If it weren't for the ACL, he'd be on mine.

Unless if one believes that a wide receiver would be able to put up the exact same numbers or close to it with a different, possibly worse QB... It should definitely be held against him.

He only puts up good numbers when one of the best QB's in the game, if not the best, is throwing him the football. When he doesn't have Rodgers throwing to him, his production drops significantly. If he were a top 5 WR like you claim he is, he would have put up much better numbers than he did when Rodgers was out.

The fact that you have Nelson over Dez, Marshall and Andre Johnson is beyond ridiculous. That's on Crash's level of homerism.

• Upvote 1

1. Calvin Johnson

2. AJ Green

3. Dez Bryant

4. Josh Gordon

5. Julio Jones

6. Brandon Marshall

7. Demaryius Thomas

8. Wes Welker

9. Alshon Jeffrey

10. Andre Johnson

Everyone seems to have a slightly different philosophy in ranking players, which is also common among the experts on ESPN or NFLN. For me, the way I approach it, is who would pose the biggest threat to Sherman, Revis, and the other elite pass defenders in the league if they were to match up TODAY, in order, based on size, speed, and intangibles. I know some of you are really keen on stats and history, such as who has accomplished and proven themselves more. But for me, in order to rank them this way, you really have to put stats and past accomplishments aside, because the NFL changes fast and rankings never look anything alike on a year to year basis.

Edited by BC
  • Downvote 1

Welker at number 8? Or even on the list for that matter.

Yes. The dude is impossible to shut down altogether, can line up anywhere on the field, has some of the league's best hands, and is a reception and YAC machine. Not to mention comes back just as strong following serious injuries.

Edited by BC
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes. The dude is impossible to shut down altogether, can line up anywhere on the field, has some of the league's best hands, and is a reception and YAC machine. Not to mention comes back just as strong following serious injuries.

:rofl:

Revamped list.

1. :Lions: Calvin Johnson

2. :Bengals: A.J Green

3. :Texans: Andre Johnson

4. :Bears: Brandon Marshall

5. :Cowboys: Dez Bryant

6. :Broncos: Demaryius Thomas

7. :Falcons: Julio Jones

8. :Cardinals: Larry Fitzgerald

9. :Steelers: Antonio Brown

10. :Browns: Josh Gordon