ATL_Predator

2014 NBA Playoffs

Guest Phailadelphia

Jeremy Lamb would have switched on the play. :troll:

All of my teams suck when it matters.

Joe Flacco circa 2 years ago says hello.

Harden cost his team this series and its not just because of that last play. He tries way too hard to be a superstar.

• Upvote 1

I personally think it was more of a push, but that's probably because Stephen Adams is the definition of Immovable Object.

I saw a better replay now and agree with the suspension, based on current rules. However, Adam Silver is already ignoring one ridiculous rule in reference to Paul George (a rule that never should have existed). I sure hope that's a sign that he's going to make it harder to suspend players, because this is weakening the NBA's product.

Any word on if Conley can play, yet? I think the Grizz still has a chance to win without Randolph (he really is a bit overrated), but without Conley we're looking at a definite blowout.

If Nene's pussy "headbutt" warranted a suspension, Zach's punch to Adams deserves a game.

Oh, and to those of you chastising Westbrook for his shots, where are the complaints about KD shooting like shit? KD was 8-21 (38%) heading into OT and has been right around there this entire series.

Like Phail has mentioned, KD's being doubled and mauled on or off the ball. Westbrook's taking too many bad 3's, but so is KD. KD went 0-8 from 3 in the Game 3 loss and is 12-48 from 3 in the series.

I've been questioning Durant the whole series :shrug:

The dude has a tendency to look like he doesn't want it enough, imo.

Z-Bo has done far worse in the past in series against Blake Griffin and its been allowed, and PG and Butler are allowed to play today despite doing something the league explicitly says is warrant to suspension, and doing it in the past.

His stupidity alone warrants the suspension for letting Adams get underneath his skin and throw the punch. But the NBA has shown a clear ability to be extremely inconsistent and extremely lenient about these in the past. The fact that they weren't able/willing to overlook this "punch" by throwing him a fine or something, considering the magnitude of the game he is being suspended for is pretty shitty imo.

Granted, ZBO hasn't been all that efficient. Either way OKC was gonna win it.

I personally think it was more of a push, but that's probably because Stephen Adams is the definition of Immovable Object.

I saw a better replay now and agree with the suspension, based on current rules. However, Adam Silver is already ignoring one ridiculous rule in reference to Paul George (a rule that never should have existed). I sure hope that's a sign that he's going to make it harder to suspend players, because this is weakening the NBA's product.

Any word on if Conley can play, yet? I think the Grizz still has a chance to win without Randolph (he really is a bit overrated), but without Conley we're looking at a definite blowout.

If Nene's pussy "headbutt" warranted a suspension, Zach's punch to Adams deserves a game.

Oh, and to those of you chastising Westbrook for his shots, where are the complaints about KD shooting like shit? KD was 8-21 (38%) heading into OT and has been right around there this entire series.

Like Phail has mentioned, KD's being doubled and mauled on or off the ball. Westbrook's taking too many bad 3's, but so is KD. KD went 0-8 from 3 in the Game 3 loss and is 12-48 from 3 in the series.

I've been questioning Durant the whole series :shrug:

The dude has a tendency to look like he doesn't want it enough, imo.

Z-Bo has done far worse in the past in series against Blake Griffin and its been allowed, and PG and Butler are allowed to play today despite doing something the league explicitly says is warrant to suspension, and doing it in the past.

His stupidity alone warrants the suspension for letting Adams get underneath his skin and throw the punch. But the NBA has shown a clear ability to be extremely inconsistent and extremely lenient about these in the past. The fact that they weren't able/willing to overlook this "punch" by throwing him a fine or something, considering the magnitude of the game he is being suspended for is pretty shitty imo.

Granted, ZBO hasn't been all that efficient. Either way OKC was gonna win it.

I think the George not being suspended has more to do with this being the first run-in with this rule with a new commissioner. I think it's a sign that Silver will either eradicate this absurd rule or be much more lenient with it.

Guest Phailadelphia

So who knows how the playoff seeding works? Is everyone lined up into brackets according to seed and play through the brackets? For instance, if OKC wins tonight and San Antonio loses tomorrow, does OKC play Dallas due to OKC being the highest remaining seed and Dallas the lowest, or does OKC play the winner of GSW/LAC regardless of the outcome of DAL/SAS?

Edited by Phailadelphia

They play GSW/LAC regardless of outcome.

Eh. The Spurs went on an incredible run considering that they are a worse team than they were last year. Let them have the 1 seed, but I think Dallas pulls the upset off.

What people are forgetting right now is that this Dallas team STILL isn't that good. Monte's playing out of his mind. Seeing him vs. Lillard would be like watching to see which player comes back down to Earth, first.

So who knows how the playoff seeding works? Is everyone lined up into brackets according to seed and play through the brackets? For instance, if OKC wins tonight and San Antonio loses tomorrow, does OKC play Dallas due to OKC being the highest remaining seed and Dallas the lowest, or does OKC play the winner of GSW/LAC regardless of the outcome of DAL/SAS?

The NBA doesn't re-seed. It's just a bracket.

Winner of 1 v 8 plays winner of 4 v 5

Winner of 2 v 7 plays winner of 3 v 6

I think the Hawks pull it out today, the Thunder should win rather easily with Zbo being out and being at home and having the momentum. The Clippers should win too because they're the better team, but Curry And Thompson are great shooters and if either one gets really hot then the Clippers season could be over. What a huge disappointment that would be for LA if they lose in the 1st round. It would be hilarious. Have Chris Paul, probably the 3rd best player in the NBA. And Blake Griffin who has gotten sooo much better this year and STILL lose in the 1st round. I think they will win though.

I really hate that one of these game 7s is already over because of a suspension :(

• Upvote 1

I really hate that the Thunder are moving on pretty much guaranteed. :(

FTFY

Man, it's just too bad the Thunder don't have a better player than Westbrook. They could really use a Triple Double threat at the PG position to help out KD.

• Upvote 2

Guest Phailadelphia

Going to be a lot of "what could have been" talk regarding Memphis and Zbo over the next few weeks, and almost all of it will not include the fact that game 7 could have been avoided entirely if Memphis didn't get blown out by 20 on their own court in a series-clinching game.

Thunder the fuck up.

Losing our worst defensive player somehow made us better on O and worse on D.

lulz.

Fuck the Pacers.

Fuck the Thunder.

Fuck the Clippers.

Fuck the Wizards.

Go Nets.

• Downvote 2

Glad the Spurs played like they were capable of. Looked like they got their 'Spurs' mentality back. Tony is playing great right now, as is Manu despite that nightmare game 6. Best I have see Manu in years.

Good news: They won't face a coach like Carlisle again. He did a hell of a coaching job. Brilliant basketball mind.

Not so good news: Blazers prevent a hell of a match-up problem for the Spurs. Going to be interesting how Pop deals with it. They have a lineup that can play massive minutes and are a younger/more athletic Mavs.

Should be a great series. As will the Clips/Thunder.

Regarding Russ - he pretty much proved the point Bware and I were making earlier. He was much more controlled and possessive of his talents. When he is sharing it while staying aggressive, the Thunder are as good as there is in the league. CP3 and Russ will be awesome to watch. Who guards Durant? Matt Barnes? Expect Durant to go off this series.

Yeah, I picked the Clippers in 7 because of a real, actual NBA head coach (something the Thunder don't have) but Durant could carry them to a win with lolMattBarnes or lolJaredDudley trying to guard him.

As for your Spurs, I've only got one worry: Watch out for a bunch of contested, bullshit 3 pointers. That is the Blazers at their best. If Dame/Matthews/Batum aren't hitting all those shots like they were against Houston, the Spurs could make it a quick series.

Don't get me wrong, those three are fantastic 3 point shooters, but they got a lot of lucky ones to fall in. That doesn't always happen with them. They had some mid to late season struggles for a reason.

Really don't think the Cilppers are gonna win this. Their offense is probably the best in the NBA, but both of these guys like to take a million jumpers, which makes this series a big question mark.

CP3 has never made it past this part of the postseason, should be interesting to see how he does.

I hope the Thunder win because Chris Paul doesn't deserve a championship chance, but I just don't see Scott Brooks besting Doc Rivers.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Scott Brooks has bested Rick Carlisle, Gregg Poppovich, Phil Jackson, and George Karl, who are probably all considered far better head coaches than Brooks, and 3 of whom are considered better coaches than Doc. That's probably not what's going to decide this series.

Edited by Phailadelphia