BwareDWare94

Confession Thread

I drink milk from the carton, double dip, triple dip, and lick peanut butter from the rim of the jar.

....of course, I do live alone.

I drink milk from the carton, double dip, triple dip, and lick peanut butter from the rim of the jar.

....of course, I do live alone.

Oh, hey, I'm fresh out of pity.

• Upvote 1

I think my interest in football is whittling away.

• Upvote 2

Well when you're a fan of a team from North Dakota and Minnesota this may very well be your fate.

I agree with this... and my favorite team has just won two SBs in three years. :rog:

Never mind the Pats, but I used to be obsessed with NFL football in general. For years I would go out to a sports bar every single Sunday to watch the games. And would never dare miss a Pats game either. Now I almost never go out on Sundays, and this past season I only watched a handful of Pats games in full. The NFL is sadly a dog shit product now.

My interest in football has been waning too. Get on board with hockey, folks.

• Upvote 2

Has your sexual interest in men increased in proportion to the decrease of your interest in football?

• Upvote 2

Mine certainly has. :yes:

My interest in watching NFL football has significantly decreased, but the draft is my bae.

Gotta agree with the NFL is meh camp. I actually have to make an effort to care now.

Curious as to how many people who are becoming meh on the NFL have also been involved with FF for years. I think FF undermines fans ability to care in the long run....just my two cents, not judging.

• Upvote 1

For me personally, it's not just the NFL. I'm not into sports in general the way I used to be.

I'm also not as crazy about the NFL as I used to be. I would still call it my #1 favorite sport but I used to literally do NOTHING on Sunday but veg out and watch football. Now, if I'm home I'll watch it but if something else is going on I'm not upset about missing it.

I still try to watch Jets games as much as possible but I missed a few this year (could be more because they sucked but who knows).

My interest in hockey hasn't really increased but it's still my #2. One thing that's really increased for me is my interest in the Premiership.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Curious as to how many people who are becoming meh on the NFL have also been involved with FF for years. I think FF undermines fans ability to care in the long run....just my two cents, not judging.

What is FF? Also, I firmly believe my interest is waning because of the absurd amount of PI penalties called these days as well as the stupid review process. Games don't need to be 3-4 hours long. The NFL needs to look at what college football has turned into and avoid that at all costs.

My interest in the Wild has gone way up but I don't follow all of hockey religiously.

I find FF to be extremely helpful for keeping up with players around the league. I still know the Titans far better than anyone else, but from FF I at least have a passing knowledge of most other teams. FF was also extremely helpful for keeping me interested during the Titans lean years, hopefully I won't have to deal with that much. I've always been consistent about preferring a week where the Titans win and all of my FF teams lose to the reverse. Then again, I grew up playing FF, so I may have a somewhat skewed perspective. It certainly makes it easier (and more socially acceptable) to follow the league without following a specific team, which is an interesting dynamic.

• Upvote 1

I myself have been losing a bit of love for the NFL, not the game. I still love the mental aspects, and the chess matches that transpire within the game. I have tried to take stock of why I have lost a little love from the NFL, and some of it starts with my team.

I absolutely cannot fucking stand John Harbaugh. I loathe that arrogant son of a bitch more than I do any other head coach in the league. It is always good to see your team win, and then you start thinking about how it is just a band aid and helping that stupid son of a bitch keep his job. He has no profound knowledge of the game and cant hire coordinators...so, he is fucking useless.

I cannot stand roger goodell and his attempts at sabotaging the game and his absolute unevenness of punishments he doles out. The Ray Rice thing was a two game suspension, and he did not give a shit until people started asking, "what the fuck over?" Then all of the sudden they are all against it and Ray RIce is a demon and yada yada. Well where the fuck was the outrage when it happened, it was only after fans started to unload on the league he gave a shit. The Ted Wells fiasco. Just about everything.

The fact that the NFL has now turned into a social platform for people to talk about their feelings. I get it they are people and they have opinions, but I could not care less how they feel about politics and all of the drama and headlines they grab are about how they feel. Tweets, I mean really, who gives a fuck about tweets?

The information medium's. Has there ever been a worse collection of writers in the same place as Elliot Harrison, Dan Hanzus, Conor Orr, and Marc Sessler. I know many are not as old as I am but back in the early 2000's the NFL website had valuable information about formations, players, records, and so on. Now we have these hack jobs and it is fucking miserable.

Those are the top 4 and none really are fantasy football relevant, but that is why if The UFC, Bellator, or Invicta are on, football probably won't be and if Conor McGregor is fighting I wont even change the channel to see the score.

Edited by Ngata_Chance
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I would much prefer defensive players get away with more on a consistent basis than all these absurd defensive penalties being called on a consistent basis.

Penalties make for really bad football. If officials are unsure, they need to swallow their whistles.

I've struggled with my sleeping pattern since I was a kid. I don't know what caused it, if anything, but it's really been something that has plagued my life for the longest time. It was pretty light when it first started, and was typical stuff you'd expect for the age I was at. Instead of going to bed at 9 PM, I'd want to stay up until 11 or 12 PM playing video games on my DS or something. I've always felt better at night. I feel like I have much better control of my thoughts and usage of time. I love the peace and quiet of being awake when nothing is really going on. Time feels to go much faster, but I am very productive when I'm working overnight, and I feel like I accomplish more without being very drowsy doing so. The gap between 10 PM and 6 AM is much shorter than the gap of 10 AM to 6 PM, if you know what I mean.

It's really affected the quality of my education, though, and I've had a lot of problems with waking up on time for classes. I don't have a problem with completing my assignments as much as I do actually getting there consistently and being good with my attendance. My problem is that I'm always tired later in the afternoon, 4-6ish typically, and I am physically unable to stay awake. As a result, I take a 2-3 hour nap that spans most of the evening, and wake up right after the sun goes down. I'm unable to go back to sleep, and can spend a hours laying in my bed tossing and turning unable to get back to bed. It often ends up with being awake until 4 AM, at which point I pass out until 11 or so. Rinse and repeat. I don't get up for alarms, no matter how many I set, during this period, and I can't break out of the cycle.

I don't know if I would call it insomnia, because I don't want to disrespect the problems of people who are experiencing real insomnia, and dealing with much harsher consequences, but I feel like there is something wrong with my body. I'm sleeping through my classes too frequently and I don't feel right socially anymore. Maybe I'm just going through a bout of depression or something and I don't know it, but it's been eating at me a lot lately.

When I get tired I feel like I've been hit by a truck and haven't slept for days, whereas when I'm wide awake I feel like I've downed a 5 hour energy and a red bull right after waking up. It's especially bad whenever I have to provide a lot of effort, either mentally or physically, and I get drained to the point of sleeping for 8-9 hours after just being up for 3-4 hours.

I've struggled with my sleeping pattern since I was a kid. I don't know what caused it, if anything, but it's really been something that has plagued my life for the longest time. It was pretty light when it first started, and was typical stuff you'd expect for the age I was at. Instead of going to bed at 9 PM, I'd want to stay up until 11 or 12 PM playing video games on my DS or something. I've always felt better at night. I feel like I have much better control of my thoughts and usage of time. I love the peace and quiet of being awake when nothing is really going on. Time feels to go much faster, but I am very productive when I'm working overnight, and I feel like I accomplish more without being very drowsy doing so. The gap between 10 PM and 6 AM is much shorter than the gap of 10 AM to 6 PM, if you know what I mean.

It's really affected the quality of my education, though, and I've had a lot of problems with waking up on time for classes. I don't have a problem with completing my assignments as much as I do actually getting there consistently and being good with my attendance. My problem is that I'm always tired later in the afternoon, 4-6ish typically, and I am physically unable to stay awake. As a result, I take a 2-3 hour nap that spans most of the evening, and wake up right after the sun goes down. I'm unable to go back to sleep, and can spend a hours laying in my bed tossing and turning unable to get back to bed. It often ends up with being awake until 4 AM, at which point I pass out until 11 or so. Rinse and repeat. I don't get up for alarms, no matter how many I set, during this period, and I can't break out of the cycle.

I don't know if I would call it insomnia, because I don't want to disrespect the problems of people who are experiencing real insomnia, and dealing with much harsher consequences, but I feel like there is something wrong with my body. I'm sleeping through my classes too frequently and I don't feel right socially anymore. Maybe I'm just going through a bout of depression or something and I don't know it, but it's been eating at me a lot lately.

When I get tired I feel like I've been hit by a truck and haven't slept for days, whereas when I'm wide awake I feel like I've downed a 5 hour energy and a red bull right after waking up. It's especially bad whenever I have to provide a lot of effort, either mentally or physically, and I get drained to the point of sleeping for 8-9 hours after just being up for 3-4 hours.

As someone that had insomnia for 3 years working third shift...

There's not a whole lot you can do besides trying to stay healthy, eating right, going to the gym. The more of a routine my body had and the harder I pushed myself everyday no matter what I was doing...it made sleeping when I had to less of a hassle and more of an automatic thing.

I believe that sleep meds are awful and can ruin a lot... a lot of things for you even if they do work.

So. My other suggestion to you... have you ever looked at buying a new bed? Expensive... but if you can test out the perfect bed for you that can make a WORLD of difference.

• Upvote 1

Melatonin is a good natural sleep aid you can get over the counter.

• Upvote 2

Unless you actually have a condition the best cure for trouble sleeping is a normal sleeping pattern. Even if you oversleep one day, get up at your normal time the next day no matter how little sleep you get the night before. Quick corrections or the pattern is broke and you're all fucked up again.

• Upvote 1