BwareDWare94

Confession Thread

^Post of the year. Way to go, Air.

:dying:

I wish I could bone Ellie Goulding...if she'd sing to me the entire time.

F4E with the ninja triple-edit. He only said hopeless romantics, guys!

Way to go. :clap:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Um....I missed some things obviously.

Anyways Dmac it's pretty damn normal for you to feel like missing her, if it was a two year long thing that's a pretty decent amount of time. You just need some time, dust yourself off, and get back at it.

Favre edited RZ's post from "[banned word]" to "hopeless romantic"

This is a warning, Blots. Further infractions will carry action. Thank you.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Favre edited RZ's post from "fag" to "hopeless romantic"

And then banned Razor for saying [banned word]. :rofl:

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Some sneaky ninja shit going on this thread!

And then banned Razor for saying [banned word]. :rofl:

Wait what? He seriously banned Razor for that?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Wait what? He seriously banned Razor for that?

Not perma-banned, but he's suspended for a few days. Doesn't make it any less laughable.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Some sneaky ninja shit going on this thread!

Not really. Just your typical TGP fare.

People bitch when no action is taken, then bitch some more when action was in fact taken.

And then there's those who just want to watch the world burn.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

People bitch when no action is taken....

But when an owner endorses the post with the rule he created people rightfully complain but staff wants to sweep it under the rug. Makes sense.

Double Standards for the loss.

Shame on you, F4E.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Lmao you guys are ridiculous.. People complained about the post not being edited yet, so I edited it. I could have deleted everything, but chose not to as the damage had already been done. No point in deleting it now. Now you are complaining that it did get edited... Which do you want?

I had people complain about Razor always breaking the rules and never getting punished... I see that perspective, and dealt with it. Now there are comments like "He seriously banned razor for THAT?".. Ya... I did. Again, you guys want it both ways. You are criticizing both sides of the coin.

You all claimed you could police yourselves, but apparently you can't, because you all have 10,000 different opinions about the same incident (to be expected).

You want it both ways, but it can't be done ...

And please Atlanta, "endorsing the post". Yes I liked it, because I can easily relate to the notion of being alone forever. I Have never been in a real meaningful relationship.. ever.. and haven't had a 'girlfriend' since like 6th grade, which hardly counts for anything.

It's just another example of TGP making a mountain out of a mole hill.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Here's a confession for me. I'm addicted to collecting shit lol. I've always been into collecting stuff, but I've slowed down until recently. I started collecting pins at theme parks but then it got worse when I got talked into these video game figure things. First one was Disney Infinity, mainly for Marvel and since I started with that I've collected 30+ of these things lol. Then I got started on the Skylanders stuff and that shit is even more addicting than Disney. Thing is, it isn't even about having them for the game for me. I just like collecting things and going out and finding cool stuff. I've even got a few of those amiibo Nintendo is doing and I don't even have a system to use them on. I've been pissing money like crazy on this stuff and my new years resolution is too spend less money, but some times I can't help my self lol.

So Vin and F4E are shifting blame to everyone else, basically just saying "TGP gonna TGP." That's admirable leadership, fellas.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dmac on some Romeo & Juliet stuff :O

Maybe y'all can just have a time out period until she's no longer in that same position in the sorority? I dunno, that Greek stuff never made sense to me. I honestly would've fought her on it and tried to get her to bump tradition.

• Upvote 1

Call it a double standard if you want, but can we please stop being a bunch of used maxi pads? Please.

It's the holiday season. We are all part of the greatest sports forum on the web. I know what Razor said. I saw the original post. My first thought was, "perhaps he thinks this is the confession thread from NHB," in which case, there are no rules. Maybe he knew what he was doing. Maybe he thought he was in NHB. I, quite frankly, do not give a rat's ass. Neither should you. I don't see all of his posts, but it's the first slip-up in a thread that I have seen in a long long time from ANY user. The new rules are clearly effective and 9 times out of 10, people get reprimanded in the proper way.

Last but not least, and as JD articulated, it was funny and it was tangible to many of us who have trouble in the dating world. I'm lucky enough to not have such a long dry streak but considering how incredibly difficult dating is now, wasn't his post at least a little bit funny? Come on. Enjoy it and move on. It got edited. I think he would have fixed it if we'd asked him to. Is it really that big of deal?

Can we please just move on from this?

• Upvote 2

Praise Bware.

Plus, it's not about assigning blame anyway. I don't know when it ever did. But if it's that important to you, by all means, blame me. I explained the situation... It didn't matter what I did, there were members on both sides. I was going to 'lose' no matter what. Feel free to pile on.

You know some shit's gone south when I'm the voice of reason.

• Downvote 1

Favre this is the same issue as last time:

It comes across as you only caring about the rules that you created sometimes. If the rules were "be respectful. You can say those words sometimes, but mods decide when it crosses the line" that'd be one thing. The rules are "never said ever." If RZ made the post and you didn't "like" it, then it could've been "oh, he missed that." But now it goes against your rules and you clearly saw it and no action was taken until others complained about it. I don't think anyone actually had a problem with the word RZ used in that context, but if the rules are "under no circumstances" then thats how they should be enforced. I don't think anyone here would mind if it was changed to take intent and tone into context, but if you want to do that, you gotta make it official. Making up the rules as you go is what Roger Goodell does. Favre, you don't want to be like Roger Goodell.

^ This. I tried to rep you, but I'm about for the day.

Dmac on some Romeo & Juliet stuff :O

Maybe y'all can just have a time out period until she's no longer in that same position in the sorority? I dunno, that Greek stuff never made sense to me. I honestly would've fought her on it and tried to get her to bump tradition.

Pretty much. Lmao.

But I 100% ended it between the two of us. She's invested so much time, money, etc in that stuff, makes no sense for me to get in the way of that. Its just foreign to me because this was my first relationship since high school, and I only had in high school that lasted... Two weeks?

• Upvote 1

Favre this is the same issue as last time:

It comes across as you only caring about the rules that you created sometimes. If the rules were "be respectful. You can say those words sometimes, but mods decide when it crosses the line" that'd be one thing. The rules are "never said ever." If RZ made the post and you didn't "like" it, then it could've been "oh, he missed that." But now it goes against your rules and you clearly saw it and no action was taken until others complained about it. I don't think anyone actually had a problem with the word RZ used in that context, but if the rules are "under no circumstances" then thats how they should be enforced. I don't think anyone here would mind if it was changed to take intent and tone into context, but if you want to do that, you gotta make it official. Making up the rules as you go is what Roger Goodell does. Favre, you don't want to be like Roger Goodell.

I stepped down almost 6 months ago, Blots. If by making up rules as I go means not even being in the discussions of rules or enforcing them for 6 months, yes.. yes I do make them up as I go. Lol. EDIT2: Yes, I still own the site, but I stepped away from official decision making and modding of any kind. I've been nothing more than a member in that time span.

I haven't modded anything or done anything with the board in an official scope until Razor. Only stepped in because I had seen him do it multiple times without punishment.. Not sure if that's because he is officially an admin and can't be suspended or 'warned' by members in lower groups who have usually done the punishing, like BLUE and Zack... But I figured nobody would do anything again, and felt it should be.

Yes, I liked the post before that point, but it was like 5 in the morning when I read it without sleeping, didn't like it for any reason relating to the use of that word, as explained to ATL, and I just went passed it without thinking about. Until I went back in the thread read it again and acted on banning him at approx 8:30ish (EDIT: AM, btw)? give or take, sitll hadn't slept so around there some time, obviously regretting my choice to like the post earlier in the morning.

He was banned before 95% of you even read the post and definitely before you all began talking about it... I have been VERY CONSISTENT with my stance on not announcing bans or suspensions.. I don't think it's any of your (general use) business.

I got on later, unfortunately I looked over actually editing the post, which people jumped on like maggots on a corpse, it went from there. It was an oversight not to edit it when he was banned

But I understand what you are saying and do appreciate your comments put as they were, instead of in a trolling and moronic way as other members did. Thank You.

And while I did make mistakes, like not editing the post.. Or, even if it isn't an offence in and of itself, liking the post was also a mistake. :et's go with your assumption, that people are simply not liking me making up rules as I go. People coming in here and questioned whether he actually got banned for breaking the rules... Why would they do that? Should they not expect that result? People come in here criticizing for not the lateness of my editing of the posts, but the editing of the posts at all... Why would they do that? Again, it was late.. But when I finally do get around to it, why am I 'sweeping it under the rug'? What?

That stuff should be happening, per the rules... Yet it happens, and that's what people are complaining about. While I don't doubt your intentions or reasons at all, not everyone here has the same motive(s). Because if they were simply worried about the rules not being followed or the rules changing, they wouldn't be complaining about edits or the ban which are going to happen per the rules.

I suppose I can assume my modding duties again, though.. If people yearn for some more consistent punishments, according to the rules. I am down, if that isn't being achieved while I don't wear that mantle. Let's Go!

Edited by Favre4Ever