Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

Obama: Worst President Since WW2?

U.S. poll: more voters see Obama as worst president in modern times

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Two years into President Barack Obama's second term, more voters say they are dissatisfied with his administration's handling of everything from the economy to foreign policy, giving him the worst marks of any modern U.S. president, a poll on Wednesday said.

Voters were split over which of the two most recent presidents has done a better job with 39 percent saying Obama has been a better president than Bush and, 40 percent saying Obama is worse.In a survey of 1,446 registered voters, 33 percent said Obama was the worst president since World War Two, while 28 percent pointed to his predecessor, George W. Bush, as the worst, the poll by Quinnipiac University found.

Most voters said Ronald Reagan, who served two terms in the 1980s, was the best president since 1945, the survey showed.

"Over the span of 69 years of American history and 12 presidencies, President Barack Obama finds himself with President George W. Bush at the bottom of the popularity barrel," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of Quinnipiac University's polling unit.

While Obama's job approval rating has inched higher to 40 percent, up from 38 percent in December, more voters gave him largely negative marks in key areas: the economy, foreign policy, healthcare and terrorism, according to the poll.

On the environment, 50 percent gave Obama positive marks.

The telephone survey, taken June 24 to June 30, had a margin of error of plus or minus 2.6 percentage points.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-poll-more-voters-see-obama-worst-president-122609810.html

Edited by SteVo

I saw the poll and while I am not a big Obama fan I would like to see how this poll ended up with 500,000 thousand opinions from all over the country instead of 1446 registered voters. Just a very small sample size. I also don't think many of the voters even thought about LBJ, Nixon or Ford either. I can't immediately think of anything that stands out positive that those three did.

Guest Phailadelphia

Recency bias is just the best

I saw the poll and while I am not a big Obama fan I would like to see how this poll ended up with 500,000 thousand opinions from all over the country instead of 1446 registered voters. Just a very small sample size. I also don't think many of the voters even thought about LBJ, Nixon or Ford either. I can't immediately think of anything that stands out positive that those three did.

Gerald Ford makes a good trivia question!

Q) Who is the only person in US history to hold the offices of vice president and president without being elected to either?

Edited by Thanatos19

LBJ did some good things. He was no messiah, but he was not all bad either.

Gerald Ford makes a good trivia question!

Q) Who is the only person in US history to hold the offices of vice president and president without being elected to either?

Frank Underwood. :D

• Upvote 2

You mean like having JFK assassinated?

• Upvote 1

You are absolutely right and in fact Nixon (believe it or not) did some good things too....but at the time I made the first post I wasn't thinking 100%. What I said was that I couldn't immediately think of anything that stood out positively. In fact LBJ did several good things especially in the area of civil rights. LOL give me a break though...even though LBJ was president when I was born I don't actually REMEMBER him being the president although I certainly remember Nixon being on tv a lot as president. Carter was actually the first one I recall during an election process though.

You mean like having JFK assassinated?

Not really, not that I think that is true, but it is a juicy piece of conspiracy.

I was talking about:

Civil Rights Act of 1964

Immigration Act of 1965

Great Society Programs

Economic Opportunity Act

Gun Control Act

Elementary and Secondary Education Act

Medicare

Medicaid

The appointment of Thurgood Marshall

Not saying the guy was perfect, but considering, he was one of the better presidents and was pivotal in a lot of the good things we see in society. He also paved the way for a lot of libertarian beliefs.

I think Jimmy Carter is the worst president in recent times tbh.

• Upvote 1

I think Jimmy Carter is the worst president in recent times tbh.

Yeah there is no way Obama is worse than Carter atm, in the long run....maybe.

No way Obama is worse than Carter. I had to write a term paper on the best and worst presidents of American history and I said that Carter was one of the worst.