Mathias

These Thursday Night Games Have To Go

setting it up based on byes is a great idea, the only issue with that is bye weeks stop at week 10, so you'd only have seven weeks (less than half the season) when you'd be able to schedule them

2006 and 2007 seasons TNF started in late November.

2008-2011 early November.

2012 -Present obviously September.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Network_Thursday_Night_Football_results_(2006–present)#2006_season

Right so given that there are 32 teams and there is only one matchup on TNF, how did every team have a game on TNF?

16 match ups 16 weeks.....

16 match ups 16 weeks.....

We just said the matchups didn't start (prior to 2012) until November.

I'm replying to this:

but I remember when TNF came about it guaranteed every team at least one primetime game

Great game this week. I kinda wanted to see the Jets win but that finish was epic.

There are legit gripes against TNF. The announcing crew, the safety concerns, etc.

The game quality is not. The reason why games are blowouts is because one team is way better than the other, not because its on TNF.

BUT THEY NEED TO CANCEL TNF!!!! I DON'T LIKE IT AND THERE'S NEVER ANY GOOD GAMES!!!!

Cute to see you and other TNF apologists coming out of the woodwork after two good games lmao.

While you and Thanatos jerk off to there being 2 good TNF games in a row, it doesn't change the fact that there's been five blowouts out of the first seven weeks. Awesome ratio in favor of good TNF games, guys!

Really tough to take you clowns seriously lmao.

Edited by Piggly Wiggly

Cute to see you and other TNF apologists coming out of the woodwork after two good games lmao.

While you and Thanatos jerk off to there being 2 good TNF games in a row, it doesn't change the fact that there's been five blowouts out of the first seven weeks. Awesome ratio in favor of good TNF games, guys!

Really tough to take you clowns seriously lmao.

And of course the matchups have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Not to mention, as I've reiterated and you constantly ignore, the Packers/Hawks game does not count. It was at the beginning of the season, and not at all subject to the same criticisms that TNF normally has for obvious reasons.

I also like how you are incapable of differentiating between me saying "your reason for TNF being a bad idea is wrong" and me "jerking off" to TNF. Since figuring this out would require 3rd grade reading comprehension, I guess I'm not surprised that you can't do so.

So let me lay it out in a way you can understand. To make this perfectly clear: There are legitimate gripes to raise at TNF. I don't think its a good idea as a whole.

-The safety concerns are definitely a factor. Going on four days rest is asking for injury issues. It's particularly hypocritical given the NFL's stance on safety in football and their increased focus on hard hits and concussions.

-The announcing crew is awful. They always seem bland and lackluster, more of a John Madden vibe than a good announcing crew- that said, the Rivers interview at halftime was awesome.

-The matchups need to be of teams that are more equal in skill level. This is likely the actual culprit for four out of six games being blowouts- although the NFL has a whole this year has had ~43% blowouts as laid out earlier, and given the small sample size we have of TNF games, that's not really a large difference. (Again, Packers/Hawks does not count, its the start of the season, not a typical TNF game.)

-The NFL is definitely doing this solely for the money involved. More days of football = more $$ for them, simple as that.

- However, the idea that the games would have a different outcome on Sunday is bogus. The better team has won every matchup. There's no real argument otherwise, except "TNF!".

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 2

As has been said a million times, there has been an absurd amount of blowouts this year, and yes, a few of those happened on a Thursday...

But, can't wait to blow my load next week SD@DEN :troll:

Is this really what this thread has devolved into? After every bad game the anti-TNF people will insist on its usefulness, and after every god game the pro-TNF crowd will mock them? Really?

I'm fine with that. :cigar:

:hifiver:

:lol: Entertaining for sure

what else did you expect this thread to be?

Is this really what this thread has devolved into? After every bad game the anti-TNF people will insist on its uselessness, and after every good game the pro-TNF crowd will mock them? Really?

I'm fine with that. :cigar:

meant to rep u

i'm drunk

:slingblade:

NBB and Thanatos a no-show in this thread tonight... what a shocker lmao.

Fucking losers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Is anybody else annoyed by the theme music CBS uses for its Thursday night broadcasts?

NBB and Thanatos a no-show in this thread tonight... what a shocker lmao.

Fucking losers.

Prove that it was a blowout because it was TNF and not because of any myriad of other reasons. You're just talking out of your ass until there is some evidence out there other than "the game was played on Thursday night." There are a ton of terrible arguments being utilized as "evidence" in this thread and conversations about this topic elsewhere that are chock full of logical fallacies.

If I performed an experiment that happened to work more often on Thursday than not, it would prove nothing, in and of itself, about Thursday being a better day for that experiment. It is a ridiculous assertion to say otherwise.

Sunday Night Football has had 5 blowouts out of 7 weeks. Should we get rid of Sunday Night Football as well?

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

Lol.

Sunday Night Football has a proven track record of consistently having good games throughout the season from year to year. They get a break for having a poor ratio of good games this season. Meanwhile, Thursday Night Football has been utter fucking dog shit since its inception in 2006. TNF has boasted about 2-3 good games per year since 2006. It's piss fucking poor.

You can't accept the fact that it fucking sucks and it has fucking sucked since it began because you're a moron that prefers quantity over quality.