BigBen07

2014-15 NHL Season Thread

I'll say just like the Eastern Conference Final, the winner of this game 5 are Stanley Cup champions.

What a game. The third period was insane.

I'd love to see Chicago win the next two to get to have the home ice celebration with the Cup. But at the same time my work schedule switches on Wednesday so I would actually be able to watch Game 7 (most of it).

Also, if Chicago does go on to win the Cup does that make them officially a dynasty?

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Also, if Chicago does go on to win the Cup does that make them officially a dynasty?

Yes.

This year's Cup Finals either cements a dynasty in Chicago or starts a new one in Tampa. :yep:

Yes.

This year's Cup Finals either cements a dynasty in Chicago or starts a new one in Tampa. :yep:

Possible dynasty. To me a dynasty is three titles within nine years with the same sort of core big time players. Chicago would be the first dynasty in my mind since the Devils and Red Wings (they were both dynasties around the same time).

I'm not trying to refer to Tampa's 2004 title at all. Look at their team, coach, and management. They're not going anywhere. They'll be cup contenders with this core of players for the next 5+ years.

God damn it.

Wow. Tampa's offense dried up at the worst possible time with 2 goals in the last two games. Crawford has gotten really hot.

Edited by BigBen07

My dad was gonna get tickets to the game on Monday but then realized they were $1500+ just to be able to sit down.

Hope we win. I'm at my parents (Chicago suburbs) at the moment so things will be pretty crazy if we manage to win at home.

My dad was gonna get tickets to the game on Monday but then realized they were $1500+ just to be able to sit down.

Hope we win. I'm at my parents (Chicago suburbs) at the moment so things will be pretty crazy if we manage to win at home.

People are nuts. My brother works at a ticket place (not stubhub) and some of the packages are insane.

Everybody wants to win badly. Sometimes it takes away from your poise and your execution.

Steve Kerr said that going into the 4th. Pretty much exactly what I've been saying about the Warriors since game 1. He's doing a great job with this young team. Already a great coach in this league after 1 year. Obviously he picked a great situation (obviously he picked up something from the Zenmaster lol), but take nothing away from the job Kerr has done.

• Downvote 2

Wrong thread, shaun.

RIP Lightning.

Was there really ever any doubt? Even when it was 2-1 Lightning? lol. Series would have been over in 5 had Crawford not given up a couple of big time softies in the same game.

I'm mostly indifferent about the Lighting, but it's satisfying knowing that loser Jon Cooper isn't going to lift the Cup. Obviously, TB has the talent to win a Cup, but for them to actually win it, they're gonna need to upgrade their HC position. Jon Cooper really isn't up to par. He's not much better than that weasel Pete DeBoer who also managed to win a couple SCF games. :laugh:

• Downvote 1

Blackhawks in 6, because that's who SteVo took, and he hasn't been wrong yet! :laugh:

:smug:

Props to SteVo on his perfect bracket. :clap:

• Upvote 1

Congrats Blackhawks fans. Also...fuck you and the Blackhawks... :smug:

Was there really ever any doubt? Even when it was 2-1 Lightning? lol. Series would have been over in 5 had Crawford not given up a couple of big time softies in the same game.

I'm mostly indifferent about the Lighting, but it's satisfying knowing that loser Jon Cooper isn't going to lift the Cup. Obviously, TB has the talent to win a Cup, but for them to actually win it, they're gonna need to upgrade their HC position. Jon Cooper really isn't up to par. He's not much better than that weasel Pete DeBoer who also managed to win a couple SCF games. :laugh:

Dat troll

Although, I wouldn't put it past you to actually believe something so stupid. :mjlaugh:

Edited by BucD

:smug:

Props to SteVo on his perfect bracket. :clap:

:clap: so where did you end up ranking overall SteVo?

ESPN just posted this on FB a few minutes ago. That's not Kimmo lmao ESPN.

xmki8i.jpg

• Upvote 1

rofl espn just stop covering the sport and pretending to give a shit

Yeah they deleted the post after a few minutes once the social media guy realized he fucked up. :laugh:

Caps resigned Gruabauer recently to a two year, one-way contract, the one-way part is interesting after Holtby played in 73 games last season, Grubauer should definitely be on an NHL roster, I'm just not sure how much time he'll get behind Holtby

Ryan O'Reilly is on the trading block for a 'significant' defenseman.