blotsfan

2014-15 NBA Season

Reports that Taj Gibson is a trade target for teams. If we lose him I'm gonna lose it. And I think that would basically mean the end of Thibs in Chicago. Our management has thoroughly pissed him off again and again with their moves and sending off his second favorite player would put the nail in the coffin.

On the topic of the Bulls, Pau Gasol shouldn't be starting. He can't play defense and lately his offense has been undesirable. He's a giant, gaping black hole in our team's chemistry right now. Not that he's a negative affect but like he's just not fitting in. And he's making the rest of the team look bad.

On the topic of the Bulls, Pau Gasol shouldn't be starting. He can't play defense and lately his offense has been undesirable. He's a giant, gaping black hole in our team's chemistry right now. Not that he's a negative affect but like he's just not fitting in. And he's making the rest of the team look bad.

I don't know what you're talking about, Pau is anchoring my fantasy basketball team

Every Bulls fan on the planet is overreacting to EVERYTHING

I don't know what you're talking about, Pau is anchoring my fantasy basketball team

He's filling up empty stats on the sheet. He gets 15 boards a game because he is 7 feet tall. He puts no effort into getting the rebounds they just come within his area and he grabs them. His length helps him in the post as well. But he's a huge problem on defense, and is the biggest reason why almost any team can penetrate the paint against us. Edit - I could go on but, my point is, his stat sheet doesn't properly reflect the impact he's having on the team. Which is different than "very positive".

Every Bulls fan on the planet is overreacting to EVERYTHING

I can't speak for everybody, but I'm not overreacting. The trade rumors are present. Whether or not anything will happen, I'm not sure. Thibs has always had a rocky relationship with the management. That's also true. And Pau is a huge deficit on defense. That's been true his entire career.

Edited by badgers

Magic end their 10 game losing streak against the Lakers in the first game with James Borrego as HC.

He's filling up empty stats on the sheet. He gets 15 boards a game because he is 7 feet tall. He puts no effort into getting the rebounds they just come within his area and he grabs them. His length helps him in the post as well. But he's a huge problem on defense, and is the biggest reason why almost any team can penetrate the paint against us. Edit - I could go on but, my point is, his stat sheet doesn't properly reflect the impact he's having on the team. Which is different than "very positive".

I can't speak for everybody, but I'm not overreacting. The trade rumors are present. Whether or not anything will happen, I'm not sure. Thibs has always had a rocky relationship with the management. That's also true. And Pau is a huge deficit on defense. That's been true his entire career.

First of all, Pau is a better player, not to mention defender, from the Center position. Where is Thibs positioning him in Chicago's defense? Is he having him chase 4s when that SHOULD be Noah?

This is common sense. If Thibs isn't putting Pau in his ideal defensive position, he will be a liability. He's an old school big--not athletic enough for the stretch 4s of today's league.

First of all, Pau is a better player, not to mention defender, from the Center position. Where is Thibs positioning him in Chicago's defense? Is he having him chase 4s when that SHOULD be Noah?

This is common sense. If Thibs isn't putting Pau in his ideal defensive position, he will be a liability. He's an old school big--not athletic enough for the stretch 4s of today's league.

Ok, stop. You're clearly not even watching the games because Pau is playing center over Noah. They're listed opposite what they are on defense because they kind of "switch" positions coming to D. Noah is always on their more mobile big man. The only reason he looks good (and the reason he fills up the stat sheet) is because his height and length allow him to purely soak up shooting space for smaller guards when they penetrate. It also allows him to get easy rebounds, so long as the opponent's big doesn't contest him.

The fact of the matter is Pau is simply too slow and has far too little awareness to play in our defense, at least against their starters. He also puts in way too little effort on defending the pick and roll. That's why I've kind of been an advocate at seeing him off the bench. His poor defensive ability would be somewhat masked, hopefully, by the opponent's weaker bench.

B8814_tIcAA3iZp.png

Tracy McGrady is one the saddest, completely-out-of-his-control stories in NBA history. Can't believe one of his knees just gave out on him like that.

Wow. I'm pleasantly surprised at the Raptors beating the Spurs. Pop's gonna have to try for victory 1,000 tonight vs. Indiana.

As my boy Magnitude would say, "POP POP!"

Wow. I'm pleasantly surprised at the Raptors beating the Spurs. Pop's gonna have to try for victory 1,000 tonight vs. Indiana.

And he gets the win! Congrats on your milestone Pop. Easily one of the best coaches in NBA history. :yep:

When DeAndre Jordan drops 22 points and 27 rebounds to start the week. :ooo:

Love being James Hardens bitch. Feels so good.

Guest Phailadelphia

Yeah, OKC is taking that 8 seed. Sorry NOLA & PHX.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I think there are too many good teams in the west and it's unfair that some are missing the playoffs while these junk eastern teams get in.

It's been that way for years.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I think there are too many good teams in the west and it's unfair that some are missing the playoffs while these junk eastern teams get in.

captain-obvious.jpg

Looks like the Suns are trying to shop Dragic around for a 1st... Ugh. Gonna be fun to suck 1/3 of every season when Bledsoe gets hurt. With Len and his injury problems we are weak up front and under the basket. We ship Dragic and we have IT and then a really weak backcourt when Bledsoe inevitably goes down. Relying on so many injury prone guys makes me uneasy, but this regime has made a lot of smart choices, so we'll see what happens.

It's been that way for a long time. I don't think that I've been alive for the conferences being relatively equal.

But Silver has been saying he'd like to look into a playoff reformatting so that we make sure that the good teams get in. Read that in an article last week.

Who'd of thought that the Golden State Warriors would now be considered favourites to win the NBA, I remember back in the days of J-Rich and B-Diddy and getting to the playoffs was the dream.

Dragic now demanding a trade, saying he can't trust the Phoenix front office anymore and it's best to move on. Remember when I said those guys hadn't done anything for me to not have faith in them? Suppose I should recant, because this situation is a complete mess.

Reportedly we are looking for either 2 first rounders or a first rounder and a promising young player in return.. Lol. Okay. I wish we could sign owners like we do FAs... Need to shake this from the very top of the tree. We will see what we get, if anything, for Goran, though

Fire everyone and hire the best damn coach in all of basketball :smug:

Fred_Hoiberg_ISU_Coach.jpg

Edited by Favre4Ever

Phoenix signed Isaiah Thomas for "insurance" reasons in case Dragic leaves and ended up pushing him, their best player, out the door.

What an awfully handled situation. Bledsoe isn't an 82 game player. There's no guarantee Isaiah is with starter minutes, either.

Way to be dumbasses, Phoenix.

Also, Favre--don't be so adamant about firing everybody. Hornacek is the real deal and Phoenix firing him just means a great coach goes somewhere else.

I just wanted a reason to pimp Hoiberg, lol. I like Hornacek, but team construction is some fail off the charts level... lol