blotsfan

2014-15 NBA Season

I hate to be the one to say it, but BWare may not be that far off:

Colin Cowherd is right: Matthew Dellavedova is the worst - The Washington Post

There have been 222 NBA players in league history who have been as good or worse than Dellavedova during the regular season when you consider these advanced metrics: win shares, player efficiency rating and value above replacement — plus-1.9, plus-8.5, and minus-0.2, respectively — for any player logging over 1,000 minutes in a single season. Just one other has made an appearance in the NBA Finals: Greg Foster.

During 1997-98, Foster played 1,446 minutes for the Utah Jazz but produced a mere 1.3 win shares, had a 8.9 PER with a minus-.07 VORP.
However, Foster played a total of 63 minutes over six games in the 1998 NBA Finals. Dellavedova has already played 90 minutes and 81 of those were in the past two games, both wins by the Cavaliers.
So, yes, Dellavedova is the worst regular season player ever in a Finals to get major minutes, but I am not sure Cleveland would have it any other way.

now if only BWare could admit that Delly has emerged in these playoffs, or at least admit that he's playing great basketball right now he may be redeemable, but I'm not gonna hold my breath

Edited by oochymp

Bware admitted he was wrong one time in this thread. Highly doubt we'll ever see that again.

Nah, I don't think so. You might remember him, a handful of others may remember him... But 5...10...20 years from now. Nobody is going to be like.. "Ya remember that time Tristan Thompson dominated the front court and helped lead Lebron to a Finals victory over the superior Golden State Warriors".

I would bet if you looks at any great championship you would find examples of this happening.

Bware admitted he was wrong one time in this thread. Highly doubt we'll ever see that again.

true, but I figured I was giving him a bit of an out, a way to say he wasn't really wrong, Delly's just gotten, or is playing, better than he was

It's a crazy thought...

But if Kyrie and Love were both healthy, I think this series wouldn't even be a contest.

Kyrie is a pretty meh defender, and Curry would probably be going off against him, and rebounding wise Love doesn't have the kind of motor/physicality Tristan has...which is what is killing the Warriors.

You have two guys in Delly and Tristan running rampant in the physicality dept and nobody from the GS is stepping up to the plate to help.

• Upvote 1

If anything, Delly is playing well above his head, and to be completely honest, the Cavs as a team defensively have more to do with Curry's struggles than Delly and Curry 1-on-1. It's not just me saying this, either. This is pretty common discussion in sports circles. Is he playing well? Yes. Has he hit 4 clutch free throws now? Yes, but so have many, many other players in league history. Is he hustling? You bet your ass, but hustle is only going to take him so far. His impact has been absolutely minimal outside of this out-of-body experience he had in game 3. LeBron is why they are winning, has been why they are winning, and will be the reason if they so happen to win. Matthew Dellavedova is simply along for the ride. He'll contribute, but I feel his contributions are being incredibly over-valued. Those people implying that the Cavs would be in worse shape with a healthy Kyrie Irving are flat out moronic--the guy can drop 30 on any given night, whereas the only chance Matthew Dellavedova has at 30 anything is to dive to the floor thirty times.

It's a good story. He's Australian, he's small, he's unfortunate enough to resemble Dane Cook. I don't hate him, and actually enjoy watching him, but this is not a coming-out party at all. This guy will be out of the league in 3-4 years because his physical abilities will eventually be his undoing. He'll either have a rash of injuries or simply won't make most teams' rosters. I'm happy that the dude is getting a chance to slightly glisten due to the spotlight, but it's LeBron and Mozgov who are mostly shining in this series for Cleveland. Tristan's up there, too, but would need to score more.

I honestly don't know why we aren't talking more about Timofy Mozgov. The dude has been balling for the Cavs since he was traded there. He was underrated in Denver, and right now he's making Andrew Bogut his bitch.

Also, Curry found his range in the second half of game 3. He's fine for the rest of the series. The Delly talk will die out.

• Downvote 1

He can drop 30 but also give up 30, so shut the fuck up.

Without Delly's defense on the motherfucking MVP this wouldn't be a series. The pinpoint SECOND Steph starts playing like Steph it opens up the entire Warriors offense which flows through him.

Don't be a dumb motherfucker and act like Kyrie is some defensive hero. He can score, but the last fucking thing the Cavs need is to be getting in a fucking shootout with GS running up and down the floor on them. That's their game, and Delly is doing an excellent job stopping it.

• Upvote 1

David Blatt's defensive schematics are stopping it. Give credit where it's due. I even said Delly's playing well. What more do you want?

With Kyrie Irving this series would be 3-0 in favor of the Cavs. He's not a great defender, but he could stick to Steph and the Cavs would simply switch on screens like they do when Delly's not in the game. Plus, Kyrie adds let's say 20-30 points per night. The Cavs are better with Kyrie Irving. Stop it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LeBron is why they are winning, has been why they are winning, and will be the reason if they so happen to win.

Thank you! I don't know why no one has given LeBron any credit! I really thought I was the only one who could tell that he's been having a great series.

David Blatt's defensive schematics are stopping it. Give credit where it's due. I even said Delly's playing well. What more do you want?

With Kyrie Irving this series would be 3-0 in favor of the Cavs. He's not a great defender, but he could stick to Steph and the Cavs would simply switch on screens like they do when Delly's not in the game. Plus, Kyrie adds let's say 20-30 points per night. The Cavs are better with Kyrie Irving. Stop it.

David Blatt has done an amazing job on defense all playoffs long. He's been pretty underrated. I do agree with ATL that Delly has given fits to Curry that Kyrie wouldn't. But that only goes so far.

IDT the Cavs would of let the game get so close at the start of the 4th if Kyrie was healthy. He would of been out there running the offense instead of Delly/Shump, and that woulda made a huge difference. A healthy Kyrie would probably been a huge difference maker in the OT in game 1.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I don't know what the actual source for this is, but yeah.

CHO1_ZrVIAApYu6.png

lol @ that cunt.

Blatt doesn't run CLE's defense y'all, that's Tyronn Lue. I'm sure he helps or has final say but it's pretty known Lue is the one orchestrating the defense :yep:

• Upvote 1

Blatt doesn't run CLE's defense y'all, that's Tyronn Lue. I'm sure he helps or has final say but it's pretty known Lue is the one orchestrating the defense :yep:

what could go wrong with that?

:troll:

• Upvote 2

That is simply not true. Blatt designs the schematics. Perhaps you mean that he doesn't make calls in-game, which I honestly don't know, because a lot of coaches just take regular HC duties in-game, but he has designed each specific defensive gameplan according to my sources.

That is simply not true. Blatt designs the schematics. Perhaps you mean that he doesn't make calls in-game, which I honestly don't know, because a lot of coaches just take regular HC duties in-game, but he has designed each specific defensive gameplan according to my sources.

You have sources? :ooo:

Going off what the inside reporters and what players are telling them, they talk about Lue with the defense. So I dunno, you could be right I'm just going off what seems to be consensus with the media.

-DMac pls. You gotta have something more than just fronting a big man and denying the ball every once and awhile cause I guarentee they still go the ball over him.

-Agreed with ATL. Addition by subtraction is so taboo to sports fans but it is very true. Sports is about matchups and not only do Delly and Thompson bring better defense and rebounding and hustle...the injuries of Love and Irving forced LeBron back into the full time playmaker that has ignited their offense and gave everyone open shots.

-As I've said before in the shoutbox....GS was playing terrible ball and giving the game away. To give CLE allllll the credit is silly cause their defense is good but not great. I've said all series we will see once GS is actually hitting their open shots.....they did tonight and it was a different game.

Kyrie Irving is one of the best point guards in the league. You don't get better by subtracting him. Kevin Love on the other hand is massively overrated and Tristan Thompson was criminally underrated.

If I were Cleveland, I absolutely would not pay Kevin Love. Thompson has made him very, very expendable.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Tonights game is why Irving and Love are missed.

Tonights game is why Irving and Love are missed.

Tonight's game is why Cleveland should have never had a chance to begin with -- with or without Kyrie / Love.

Yeah it definitely feels like their run is over. You can only get so far when Dellevadova is your 2nd best offensive player.

Yeah it definitely feels like their run is over. You can only get so far when Dellevadova is your 2nd best offensive player.

WHY is nobody paying attention to Timofey Mozgov?

• Upvote 2

I am. I said delevadova is the second best offensive player.