Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

NFL Suspends Greg Hardy 10 Games For Being Accused of a Crime

Mike Golic is off his fucking rocker. There is NO PROOF that anything happened.

You mean apart from the pictures, medical records, and witnesses? Or maybe it's the fact that a judge found him guilty, and the only reason charges were dismissed was because he appealed and then paid off the accuser to disappear?

With all the evidence, his conviction, and the eventual payoff. He looks as guilty as sin to me. The fact that he got paid to be on the exempt list last year makes the non-paid suspension okay in my book.

With that said, as Golic said.. I fully expect Hardy/NFLPA to win their appeal and get a nice reduction in the suspension.

Edited by Favre4Ever

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, "some smart people" believe Cowboys RE Greg Hardy's ten-game suspension could be reduced "anywhere from two to six games" following his appeal.

A multi-game reduction like that would be a huge win for both Hardy and the Cowboys. "We'll see," cautioned Schefter. The NFL initially came down hard on Hardy, and his plan is to appeal the suspension immediately. When Dallas signed Hardy, the team only expected him to miss the first four to six games.

You mean apart from the pictures, medical records, and witnesses? Or maybe it's the fact that a judge found him guilty, and the only reason charges were dismissed was because he appealed and then paid off the accuser to disappear?

With all the evidence, his conviction, and the eventual payoff. He looks as guilty as sin to me. The fact that he got paid to be on the exempt list last year makes the non-paid suspension okay in my book.

With that said, as Golic said.. I fully expect Hardy/NFLPA to win their appeal and get a nice reduction in the suspension.

A female activist judge, in a re-election year, who specifically requested to take Hardy's case who has had nearly 90% of her domestic violence convictions overturned upon appeal.

A medical record inconsistent with what the victim claims occurred.

There are no witnesses except auditory ones, who upon further examination during the investigation revealed that they basically heard nothing except some sort of altercation and her screaming, (what she was screaming was incoherent or unheard).

A 9-1-1 call by Hardy himself.

The woman being on drugs during the time of the incident, (cocaine), and partying with her friends to the point of being so inebriated she was late to the initial proceedings multiple times.

This very same woman having successfully gotten similar payoffs from at least two, and likely three other athletes/celebrities.

Yah. He's totally guilty of beating her ass, there is no way possible she was just manipulating him to get a payout and then bailed when she was paid.

Edited by Thanatos19

I don't have knowledge of that personally or the source, but I would understand why it would cause discomfort in her ruling. I would be hesitant as well... However, it doesn't change the case itself at all or what happened that night.

The medical record and what she says may or may not add up completely to one another. But what they have is many photos of the multiple bruises consistent with the acts of domestic violence, not according to the judge, but according to experts who also claim it's evidence of higher abuse.

I think their calls in do more than what you claim. Especially the one talking about how afraid he was to give information in the case because he was afraid of Hardy and what he may do. Might not be directly correlated to this case, but it is interesting regardless. And the ladies on the phone screaming that there was a lady getting her ass beat seems fairly damning, but.. Ya know, ok...

So at the very least at this point.. All we know for sure... Per witnesses there was an altercation with the alleged victim screaming. Photos taken by medical people show bruises on various parts of her body (which are relatively consistent with being thrown around) and hand marks around her neck.

I don't know what him making the 911 call is supposed to prove... Does it prove he wanted her out of the apartment? Yup after the altercation, is it safe to assume? Does this call prove Hardy didn't physically abuse this woman? Does it prove she choked herself? I don't believe so.

The woman being on drugs or intoxicated either that night, the days before, or the days following are completely irrelevant. She might be a coked up alcoholic, but that that doesn't give anyone else, including Greg Hardy, the right to physically abuse here in any way.

The evidence, even looking at it through a very small scope of what can actually be proven 100% is against Hardy. An altercation did happen.. The league offices have seen photos of hand marks around Holder's neck from that night.

The league felt like they had seen enough proof that domestic violence was at play -- and I happen to agree.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5187/greg-hardy

Cowboys RE Greg Hardy's suspension has been reduced from ten to four games.

Hardy's appeal was heard by independent arbitrator Harold Henderson. (Tom Brady's is being heard by Roger Goodell himself.) Original news of Hardy's ten-game suspension generally shocked folks in the football community after he spent all but one game on last year's Commissioner Exempt List. The ten-game ban would've ultimately cost Hardy a whopping 25 games. Instead, he'll end up missing 19. The news is very good for the Cowboys, who badly need pass rush opposite rising second-year LE Demarcus Lawrence. Dating back to 2012, Hardy has 19 sacks over his last 20 appearances. Hardy will miss games against the Giants, Eagles, Falcons, and Saints before returning in Week 5 to face the Pats.

This statement lacks a bit of weight. Generally, on appeal new evidence and testimony is not heard. An appeal is not a re-trial. That means they don't re-do the whole thing, they just look at the existing testimony and evidence and decide if mistakes were made, laws were not properly followed, procedure was correct, the evidence supports the verdict, etc. Basically, paying off the accuser in a civil trial would have absolutely no effect on the appeal decision in the criminal trial. I haven't read the appeal so I don't know any of the facts, but my assumption would be this: if a guilty verdict was overturned, the appeals court probably decided the lower court's decision was not justified by the evidence.

If the "payoff" occurred before or during the criminal trial, resulting in charges being dropped, or a mistrial, then yes, your theory holds plenty of water.

This statement lacks a bit of weight. Generally, on appeal new evidence and testimony is not heard. An appeal is not a re-trial. That means they don't re-do the whole thing, they just look at the existing testimony and evidence and decide if mistakes were made, laws were not properly followed, procedure was correct, the evidence supports the verdict, etc. Basically, paying off the accuser in a civil trial would have absolutely no effect on the appeal decision in the criminal trial. I haven't read the appeal so I don't know any of the facts, but my assumption would be this: if a guilty verdict was overturned, the appeals court probably decided the lower court's decision was not justified by the evidence.

If the "payoff" occurred before or during the criminal trial, resulting in charges being dropped, or a mistrial, then yes, your theory holds plenty of water.

not quite, I'm not real familiar with North Carolina procedure, but in Virginia on misdemeanors you have a trial in the General District Court before a judge then if you're convicted you can appeal to the Circuit Court for a trial de novo (the legal system loves its Latin phrases) which is a new trial, it's done as if the trial in GDC didn't happen, the conviction is wiped away and you do have to go back through all of the evidence, if I remember right when this was going on I think North Carolina had a similar system

not quite, I'm not real familiar with North Carolina procedure, but in Virginia on misdemeanors you have a trial in the General District Court before a judge then if you're convicted you can appeal to the Circuit Court for a trial de novo (the legal system loves its Latin phrases) which is a new trial, it's done as if the trial in GDC didn't happen, the conviction is wiped away and you do have to go back through all of the evidence, if I remember right when this was going on I think North Carolina had a similar system

I think that's pretty much standard. I'm assuming that it was a felony charge. I really don't know much about the case.

I think that's pretty much standard. I'm assuming that it was a felony charge. I really don't know much about the case.

nope, I actually looked it up before posting that, it was a misdemeanor charge (as simple assault typically is)

Panthers Greg Hardy guilty of assaulting female, communicating threats | The Charlotte Observer

Mecklenburg District Judge Becky Thorne Tin sentenced Hardy to a 60-day suspended sentence and 18 months’ probation on the misdemeanor charges, a punishment set aside by the appeal.

Edited by oochymp

“We respect the judge’s decision today,” said Hardy’s attorney, Chris Fialko. “But Greg Hardy will now have a jury trial, a brand-new jury trial, and we’re confident he will be acquitted on both of these charges.”

I guess that solves that.

I read a little about the case and here's are a couple scenarios. One, Hardy paid her off and she agreed to not testify at the appeal, which is illegal on both parts, but hard to prove since there was in fact a civil trial that ended in settlement. However, if that was the deal, she was not required to bow out of the criminal appeal simply because he paid her in civil. This would leave me with doubts about her intentions. The second scenario is, she got her money, but did not want to go back to testify at the appeal because apparently there were differences in the police report and her testimony at the first trial. This would lead to either false police report charges, or perjury charges, and possibly under advisement of her lawyer decided to not take the risk and testify at the appeal. Neither of these cases imply Hardy didn't give her the beating of her life; they just suggest a manipulation of the legal system that benefited both parties. She got paid, and he got the charges dropped. Also, sometimes it's hard for abused women to face their attackers, and she may have just not wanted to go back and go through it all again.

F4E is probably right. He probably paid her off so he wouldn't go to jail and most likely end his football career.

Yo, give me a couple million. I'll take an ass beating from an NFL player.

Anyway, I hate Dallas. To quote Silky Johnson "I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and only you." Dallas is going to start 0-4 and finish the year 9-7, missing the playoffs. They'll fire Garrett and in the next off season they'll worsen their cap situation and sign more and more criminals which will make them once again, a non factor.

:yes:

Yo, give me a couple million. I'll take an ass beating from an NFL player.

You also gonna give up your floppy pussy before the beating?

No but I'll give up your mom's....oh fuck you don't even like that bitch.

Fuck you Zack. lol

• Upvote 1