Dutch

What would YOU like to happen on draft day?

For me, who I really want is DeVante Parker. I think that kid will be a star. Before I saw the NFL pro comparisons, I already thought he resembled A.J Green. This kid has incredible jumping ability. I love the way he locates the ball, high points it and snatches it out of the air. I would love for the Eagles to get a receiver that is big and plays big; going up high to get it. Devante is one of the best receivers in the draft at that. He's a good route runner and he can get behind a defense. He plays very fluid in what he does and plays the game very smooth.

As far as the Eagles actually landing him, most mock drafts don't have him getting past the Browns. So we would have to trade up to at least 11 which is the Vikings. Teddy use to play with Parker which makes this even more difficult. However, the Vikings need O-line help. The Eagles happen to have someone to trade; Evan Mathis. I love Mathis and think he's a central cog in our line. However, with that being said, he's not content with his contract and he's getting old. I understand the impact he has on our line (being one of the best guards in the league) but I'm thinking long term here. Getting a bonafide talent in Parker for years to come cashing in on Mathis's value now before he gets old and is useless. Trade our 20th overall, Mathis and like a 5th rounder for the Vikings 11th overall and their 6th rounder to acquire DeVante Parker.

My Dream Scenario.

I would like to see the Bears stick somewhat close to what I did in the mock draft game and get Trae Waynes and Preston Smith. That is a huge win right there so I won't be greedy and list out the late round guys I want.

Eagles getting my favorite WR in back to back years would suck.

I honestly for the first time in years don't really know what I want the Packers to do. A lot of different options, and there isn't too much that they could do that would upset me. We need to address the ILB / CB / DL positions aggressively and beyond that, I really don't care.

I think trading back might be the best option. Getting an extra 2 would present us with the best overall value, in my mind.

Some combination of Jordan Phillips / Carl Davis / Kevin Johnson / Eric Rowe / Stephone Anthony would have me pretty excited though.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Eagles getting my favorite WR in back to back years would suck.

I like Jordan but I really wanted Allen Robinson and OBJ in last year's draft. Jordan being as big as he is, I really want to see him on the outside. He's going to have to get more seperation on the outside though.

Otherplayers I would be fine with are:

Breshad Perriman - Deep speed and a big WR. Don't see many builds like him. Home run hitter for sure who will stretch the defense. His explosive capabilities are unreal. He has the highest potential in that regard imo.

Byron Jones - The hype has grown on me. Only to the point I would be ok if the eagles did draft him. Incredible athlete. I didn't find any tape that overly impressed me though. Just the combine. What can you say though. Good athletes perform well in performance showcases :shrug:

Landon Collins - Great play maker at the safety position. Incredible run stuffer, aggressive and sure tackler, sets the tone for a defense with big hits, and has solid range for someone his size. We haven't had a legit SS since B-dawk left. I know Billy Davis seems to want more versatile safeties who excel in man coverage and with corner experience, but this kid is a traditional SS and his talent can't be demeaned imo.

Marcus Peters - I heard of all the off field issues... But I'm such a sucker for talent. Peter s is easily the best corner in the league hands down and I truly believe he has the talent to become a shut down corner. His technique is amazing. He's the best cover man, can excel in zone and understands route concepts knowing where the receiver is going in space, gets out his breaks easy, good in press, and is an aggressive player altogether. If the Eagles did get him, I know we are.getting a top 10 maybe 5 overall talent. I'd just hope for the best from a character standpoint.

Edited by Dutch
  • Upvote 1

Oh ya, I loved Robinson as well. Such a great class of WRs overall. So much fun to watch those guys last year.

I am not big on Perriman, just personally. I don't know if there is anything any team can do to steal him from CLE right now, though. I like Byron Jones as well and wouldn't mind GB taking him... I just feel like the hype might lead to him being overdrafted, and I DON'T want that.

Should be a fun draft. :)

• Upvote 1

I want the Jets to trade up for future bust Mariota. That'd be awesome. Especially if they have to give up a lot.

For the Pats I like Darby, PJ Williams, Eddie Goldman, and Nelson Agholor

Also, later in the draft, Mike Davis, USC RB

Edited by RevisFan81

I want the Jets to trade up for future bust Mariota. That'd be awesome. Especially if they have to give up a lot.

For the Pats I like Darby, PJ Williams, Eddie Goldman, and Nelson Agholor

Really like them Seminoles :yao:

• Upvote 1

49ers to nail their first pick and TGP reactions to bad selections.

• Upvote 2

At this point, fuck it. Get Mariota, don't care what it costs. :smug:

• Upvote 1

The Falcons trading up with the Jags to take Fowler at 3 and the Jags taking Beasley at 8 would be amazing. Or even Dupree at 8, either of those dudes :yep:

With such a deep class of edge rushers, what's Atlanta's incentive to move up? Do they really think they're a player away?

With such a deep class of edge rushers, what's Atlanta's incentive to move up? Do they really think they're a player away?

Typical draft rumors floating out there that they're in love with Fowler and their new coach recruited him to the Gators.

What I want to happen is most likely going to happen. The Bucs handing in the draft card to Goodell with this written on it...

Jameis Winston, Quarterback, Florida State :smug:

• Upvote 2

Oh yeah I forgot, I'd also like to see the Titans get no trade offers and end up just taking Mariota thinking someone will trade for him later but nobody does so they're stuck with a guy they're not sure they wanted. :smug:

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah I forgot, I'd also like to see the Titans get no trade offers and end up just taking Mariota thinking someone will trade for him later but nobody does so they're stuck with a guy they're not sure they wanted. :smug:

The only way we take him with an eye toward trade is if we're working a trade right up to time running out and all we need to get the deal done is a bit more time. I'm pretty sure most people in an NFL front office are smart enough to not draft a player they don't want unless they know a trade is going to be worked out. Then again, they've been working the phones on trades for the past few months so I doubt any trade will come down to the wire.

The only way we take him with an eye toward trade is if we're working a trade right up to time running out and all we need to get the deal done is a bit more time. I'm pretty sure most people in an NFL front office are smart enough to not draft a player they don't want unless they know a trade is going to be worked out. Then again, they've been working the phones on trades for the past few months so I doubt any trade will come down to the wire.

Completely agree, I was just being a homer and hateful towards the Titans and wishing a disaster of that nature that's pretty much unlikely to happen ever. :yep:

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

I like Parker too but watch out early on for an injury... some could see possible bad news ahead for Parker soon. It won't be micro fracture surgery or anything though so there is that:

DeVante Parker, Louisville

Injury History

Missed one game due to a sprained shoulder in 2013. Fractured his foot at the start of the 2014 season and missed 7 games.

Analysis

The foot is the big concern. First year wide receiver players coming off a fracture in the foot usually struggle with injuries the first year or two back. Examples of wide receivers who have fractured their feet and were injured in a year or two that followed:

Julio Jones (hamstring, ankle then refractured the foot)

Demaryius Thomas (refractured the foot and then tore Achilles)

Hakeem Nicks (refractured the foot)

Michael Crabtree (tore Achilles)

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

Texans drafting the best WR, CB, OLB, or OL available.

Edited by FartWaffles