Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Offseason Thread

Man sucks to be him. Shows promise but can't stay healthy. I can see Sean die a little bit when he found out.

I did, but watching Jahlil Okafor beat double and triple teams in the post made it sting a little less. If Nerlens Noel can develop any kind of mid range shot and the Sixers can find a PG with one of those multiple future lottery pick the Sixers should be great without Embiid tbh.

apparently Mark from Cuba suggested the NBA increase the playoffs to 20 teams, he claims the idea is to prevent tanking by making the playoffs more attainable but it's really probably because his Mavs finished 7th in the West last year and didn't do much in free agency

Wow yeah that is bad. It's pretty good as is but if I had to pick more playoff teams or fewer playoff teams id without a doubt rather get rid of a few spots. Seems like he's using 'prevent tanking' to hide his ulterior motive of wanting the extra revenue that comes from playoff games. If u want to eliminate tanking then tinker with the lottery percentages.

Thank goodness that Houston let him walk.

I actually disagree and feel this is a huge loss for the Rockets and a massive gain for the Clippers. Smith has always been known for his defence and that is now going to be paired up with Griffin and Jordan, there is little to no way they should be out rebounded.

Smith although predominantly a PF can play SF with ease. More offensive options as well for Paul. I think its gonna be one of the better FA signings

• Downvote 1

Paul-Crawford/JJ-Smith-Blake-DeAndre :notbad:

You suck just like Tim tebow does.

Don't feel it's justified Tbh though. He was a huge factor in that 3-1 turn around.

Plus with the line up the Clippers have and the God that is Paul Pierce I can see the Clippers going deep this year

Edited by Bangy
  • Downvote 2

Wow Rockets got Ty Lawson for a first round pick and four garbage players. :laugh:

If Rockets could of kept Smith, that would be full on nasty. Still makes them better though. What a starting lineup. Going to be alot of oops

• Upvote 1

That might be one of the fastest teams up and down the court, that's insane. Ty Lawson is very solid player. Gets overlooked a lot because of how shitty Denver has been in recent years..but I think offensively he is lightyears ahead of Beverly, and is just fine defensively for the Rockets. Good pickup.

That might be one of the fastest teams up and down the court, that's insane. Ty Lawson is very solid player. Gets overlooked a lot because of how shitty Denver has been in recent years..but I think offensively he is lightyears ahead of Beverly, and is just fine defensively for the Rockets. Good pickup.

Hes one of the best players not named to all star games. His passing is elite too. Not too bad of a defender, he gets steals too. Beverly coming off the bench is a plus now. Defense off the bench while the scorer takes a seat. Not to mention Dwight will be better. Alot of oops to him and more leverage inside. Lawson can shoot the rock from 3 at a good % too.

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

I think having a PG like Beverly in the starting line up with Harden kind of works though because Harden likes to dominate the ball. If Beverly were just a little bit better at shooting 3's he'd have been a perfect fit. Maybe Lawson and Harden will be great together. I think him and Howard like some of you have been saying will have nice chemistry but it'll be interesting to see how Lawson and Harden co-exist.

Wow Rockets got Ty Lawson for a first round pick and four garbage players. :laugh:

I really liked Nick Johnson. Wish they would have kept him.

Also, now they look like fools for not cutting Dorsey last year. Tarik Black should have been kept.

If Kevin McHale has the balls to not let Harden go iso 1500 times a game, this should be very good Houston's offense. They were lacking flow all last season.

I really liked Nick Johnson. Wish they would have kept him.

I liked Johnson too, but he is just potential at this point. Rockets have a window of opportunity to win a championship, and Johnson just doesn't fit that particular time table.

Also, now they look like fools for not cutting Dorsey last year. Tarik Black should have been kept.

While I agree that Black is better than Dorsey, I personally would have had no problem if it were Black in this trade either. I think Capela is going to be better than both of them, so it's kind of a moot point in my opinion.

Magic traded for Shabazz Napier, interesting gamble. Likely 3rd string PG behind Elfrid Payton and C.J. Watson, but any young guy with potential is good to me. :yep:

you both are looking forward to another early exit in the playoffs for the Bulls? :smug:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1