Sign in to follow this  
.AirMcNair.

Update: Dante Fowler Out For Season

So a bit of a double whammy here for the Jags. Dante Fowler is hurt with what looks to be a torn ACL(though not confirmed).

https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/596738785779527681

This occurred in 11 on 11 drills, as noted in tweet above and on video:

https://twitter.com/cweeks85/status/596744674318098432

Bad thing for the Jags is 11 on 11 is against NFL policy at this point in the off-season.

Here are the offseason guidelines from the NFL:

• Phase One consists of the first two weeks of the program with activities limited to strength and conditioning and physical rehabilitation only.
  • Phase Two consists of the next three weeks of the program. On-field workouts may include individual player instruction and drills as well as team practice conducted on a "separates" basis. No live contact or team offense vs. team defense drills are permitted.
  • Phase Three consists of the next four weeks of the program. Teams may conduct a total of 10 days of organized team practice activity, or "OTAs." No live contact is permitted, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are permitted.

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
First Day: April 20
OTA Offseason Workouts: May 26-28, June 1-2, June 4, June 8-9, June 11-12
Mandatory Minicamp: June 16-18

Jags, if the math is right, are in the middle of their 3rd week, which means they're not allowed to be running live contact drills period.

It's been said since it's rookie minicamps the rules don't apply there, but I'm not sure if that's true or not.

Welp, all that speculation of the Jags breaking rules is apparently wrong. Rookie minicamps don't abide by the NFL off-season rules, apparently:

Michael DiRocco ‏@ESPNdirocco 6m6 minutes ago
For those asking, 11-on-11 is allowed during rookie minicamp. #Jaguars

Edited by .AirMcNair.

Well, I mean, of course.

Wow that's rough... Hope it's more of a tweak, and not an ACL tear. Has he signed his rookie contract yet? What's the protocol if he hasn't? :shrug:

Wow that's rough... Hope it's more of a tweak, and not an ACL tear. Has he signed his rookie contract yet? What's the protocol if he hasn't? :shrug:

I've read that rookies sign a waiver that guarantees their rookie contract in case of injury.

No competent agent is going to let their player go to practice without some kind of guarantee.

• Upvote 1

Fastest way to being called a bust is an injury.

I've read that rookies sign a waiver that guarantees their rookie contract in case of injury.

No competent agent is going to let their player go to practice without some kind of guarantee.

True. That definitely makes sense. Also it's not like the team can low-ball him on his contract with the rookie wage scale.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Edit: Torn ACL... Fuck...

Edited by FartWaffles

Holy shit the Jags just can't catch a break when it comes to first round picks. It's a shame as Dante Fowler was probably the defensive rookie I was looking forward to seeing the most. Hopefully he can come back stronger next year.

You know, there had better be some reward for following this got damn team, whether it be in this life or the next. Juses Crust.

Edited by Vin

You know, there had better be some reward for following this got damn team, whether it be in the life or the next. Juses Crust.

date-night-jaguars.jpg

She's waiting for you once you reach Valhalla.

• Upvote 2

Don't care what he signed, the numbers on that contract were being adjusted before he hit the ground.

Let's be real... We all knew it was going to happen.

Well, I mean, of course.

You called it. :yao:

So the Jags drafted a guy with average explosion who just now tore an ACL. Awesome. Gonna be even cooler when Vic Beasley has double digit sacks as the Falcons thrive while the Jags go 6-10.

While the Jags go 6-10.

This is the biggest flaw in your post.

• Upvote 1

Looks like his knee buckled from the start of the play. Really not the tackles fault at all

What a brutal, brutal sport this is.

So the Jags drafted a guy with average explosion who just now tore an ACL. Awesome. Gonna be even cooler when Vic Beasley has double digit sacks as the Falcons thrive while the Jags go 6-10.

He's really young and ACL tears aren't what they used to be with new medical technology. If he was the right pick, he'll come back next year make an impact. Definitely hurts the Jags though because they really needed him to provide some pass rush.

Yeah he's only 20, there's legit studies that show guys under 26 bounce back 100% from ACLs like nothing these days with the right docs and rehab. Explosion wasn't a huge part of Fowler's game anyways, he was just average in that aspect.

I was against Fowler 3rd overall, didn't think he was a good enough athlete nor technician to take this high and welp...

Yeah he's only 20, there's legit studies that show guys under 26 bounce back 100% from ACLs like nothing these days with the right docs and rehab. Explosion wasn't a huge part of Fowler's game anyways, he was just average in that aspect.

I was against Fowler 3rd overall, didn't think he was a good enough athlete nor technician to take this high and welp...

You gotta put faith in the new Jags management and coaching staff because they've done a lot right. It hasn't been one of those rebuilds where they jump right into the playoffs after a season or two, but they've done a great job of getting a young QB and giving him as many weapons as they can for him to succeed. They defense has improved, this is a setback and basically some shit luck, but I think Bradley knows what he wants in his LEO. Remember, he's watched way more film than any of us, brought him in for workouts and interviews and has an awful lot of respect from coaches all over the league.

Oh, he's a dynamite kid. I could tell soon as I heard him talk that Gus and them were gonna fall in love because they love "Bros Who Love Football." Dante is that. High energy guy, etc. Dude was even smiling as he got carted off knowing his ACL was probably torn. People were acting like he was a Khalil Mack type prospect but Mack's explosion scores were off the charts. Dante's are actually below average. His agility scores are below average as well. People saw him run a good 40 time and just act like he's a great athlete but he did poor on damn near every other test. Though watching Fowler on tape at times he does show better agility than his scores suggest but it's just in spurts. Still, it's at best average. He relies way too heavily on the inside move because he's not good at bending around the corner like an edge rusher should. That's why I didn't like him drafted this early but whatever, he'll be back next year and they'll have an extra bonus pass rusher.

He wasn't going to make a huge difference this year anyways in terms of W/Ls. If say Allen Robinson got hurt again, or Yeldon, then I'd be shook. Fowler? Meh, not a huge loss right now. If he ends up getting better then sure, but at this moment? Nope.

If Clowney gets trashed last year for basically missing the whole season with injury than I'm pretty sure by the end of the year non-Jag fans will be calling Fowler a bust. If its true or not.

But with this draft I wouldn't be surprised if all teams' first round picks got injured :yao: