Sign in to follow this  
Sarge

Marriage Equality Ruling

I was more or less referencing individuals, not institutions. I certainly don't believe that religious institutions should be forced to perform or recognize said marriages, but the individuals among those institutions should certainly be held accountable and understand the difference between what they believe and what the law should be.

I say make them read the entirety of the First Amendment. It makes it pretty clear.

"Congress shall make no law regarding an establishment of religion or the free exercise thereof."

That makes it clear? (I'm assuming the rest of it doesn't matter in this case, but here it is anyway: or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.")

Edited by Thanatos19

The most baffling part about the religious nuts hating this is most of them had premarital sex. Guess they going to hell with them

Edited by Bucman

But Rand Paul's vehement anti-gay stance doesn't bother you? He has even cited religious reasons for doing so. I'm sure he's about to do a 180 on that though, unless he's afraid of losing the evangelical vote.

Big win for America today at any rate.

Yes and no. Paul is against it personally, but he never advocated for banning it. He wanted to leave it up to the states. He wasn't very strong on either side, but knew that DOMA (protected states to be bigots) was messed up. I talked a lot more about that in some other thread, can't remember which one.

But ya, he will probably be one of few candidates who either haven't flipped on the issue and won't flip on the issue. I honeslty didn't have a problem with his position on it, really. And he has been very clear that he would keep his personal feelings out of the political decisions that he would make -- I am also very okay with that.

So.. Do I like that he himself defines marriage as a man and a woman? Not really... But that's his right. He isn't on a pulpit telling me I will burn in hell or that gays are destroying the fabric of society.. There is no hatred there, IMO. No bigotry.

Plus, we're not going to agree with any candidate 100%.

Anyone who thinks God would smite America for allowing gay marriage has the intelligence of an ant.

Honestly I think the people who preach shit like that are doing it just for the attention. Nobody actually takes that seriously, do they?

The Christians who think God will "smite America" don't think it would happen JUST because of homosexuality, but because the nation is getting further and further from the word.

And I am not one of those who believe God judges nations today, but seeing as how in the Bible God destroys, curses, and blesses nations on multiple occasion for getting further into immorality... It's not that stupid to think he would again....

I would ask why, but, oversimplifying complicating things seems to be your forte here.

It all depends on your beliefs. I personally don't believe that God will rise up out of nowhere after thousands of years to smite the United States because of our moral wretchedness. I'm not saying God in general is an outrageous idea but to believe that he's going to all of the sudden show up to destroy us is quite unlikely.

tumblr_nqk84tTIQ41rq8pgxo1_1280.jpg

Help I'm dying.

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams either. :troll:

Edited by Favre4Ever

The best part of this is seeing the disgusting bigots who were keeping this country in the past freak out. There is no good reason for gay marriage to be illegal. None. If you truly believe gay anything is a sin and will send you to hell, then that is for God to judge at the end of the line. Not you.

• Upvote 2

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams either. :troll:

463.jpg

• Upvote 2

ITT: A meme goes over Favre's head. :p

Ferve is just advocating his conspiracy theory bullshit. Pay him no mind.

Ferve is just advocating his conspiracy theory bullshit. Pay him no mind.

A spoonful of thermite helps the jet fuel go down. (Or rather... Up... in flames).

It all depends on your beliefs. I personally don't believe that God will rise up out of nowhere after thousands of years to smite the United States because of our moral wretchedness. I'm not saying God in general is an outrageous idea but to believe that he's going to all of the sudden show up to destroy us is quite unlikely.

Again, if you are coming at this from the perspective of someone who doesn't believe in a God, then of course it's highly unlikely. Just like it would probably be highly unlikely to you that sooner rather then later the world will come to an end.

But any Christian who takes the Bible as a book of importance can attest to the fact that God cursed, destroyed nations, and it was largely at random times. Only similarity being that it was due to getting further away from what's considered "moral".

Abortion being legal for the last forty years is apparently less of an evil than gay marriage to Christians, lol.

If God didn't judge the US for what, 40 million+ infants being killed, I highly doubt gay marriage will cause him to do so.

Not to mention, what are you talking about occurred solely in the Old Testament, where God also banned wearing clothes of two different materials, eating shellfish, and fucking women on their periods.

Edited by Thanatos19

Abortion being legal for the last forty years is apparently less of an evil than gay marriage to Christians, lol.

If God didn't judge the US for what, 40 million+ infants being killed, I highly doubt gay marriage will cause him to do so.

Not to mention, what are you talking about occurred solely in the Old Testament, where God also banned wearing clothes of two different materials, eating shellfish, and fucking women on their periods.

God's "judgement" doesn't mean just destruction. Even in the NT he kills kings, and divine intervention of all sorts happened.

Additionally, Jesus in the NT cursed nations as well as it's inhabitants to worse punishments then some of the immoral cities in the OT.

I never said it did?

Jesus didn't curse nations or cities with physical punishments that occurred immediately. The only thing I can think of is the prophecy of the Temple being destroyed. He talked about how it would be better for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for some people in Jerusalem, but that's not really "judging them." At least not yet.