Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

TGP Primary Poll: Republicans

20 members have voted

1. 1. As of today, who would you vote for?

• Jeb Bush
    • Ben Carson
    • Chris Christie
    • Ted Cruz
    • Carly Fiorina
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John Kasich
    • Rand Paul
    • Marco Rubio
    • Donald Trump
    • Scott Walker
    • Other

Trump is the typical New Yorker. I really don't care anymore, it'd be interesting to see if he did win that's for sure.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Donald Trump can't possibly make a bigger joke of the presidency than it's already been made by Barack Obama.

It's obvious that the Trump "campaign" is nothing more than a social experiment to see if you're a shitty person.

Right?

...I mean...

:(

here's my theory on Trump and why his candidacy could be a medium-term good thing:

Every country has an extreme nationalist element, it's just the tribal part of human nature and if we're honest with ourselves most of us share some of those opinions to a degree. But some people give in to that tribalism and it's seen in valuing national security over everything else and expressions of cultural superiority, which typically has a racial or religious piece. Most multi-party democracies have a party that specifically caters to that demographic, I know of the Front National in France, someone who knows more about international politics may know others. That party helps a lot in containing that extreme nationalist element, but it is a very vocal segment of the population. In a two-party system, every significant segment of the political spectrum is going to be embraced by one of the two parties. Unfortunately, when a group is as vocal as extreme nationalists typically are, they will every once in a while that group will take control of the party. That's what I think we're seeing with Trump.

I am slowly accepting that Trump has a very good chance of winning the Republican primary, because we've gotten into one of those periods where the extreme nationalists have seized control of the Republican Party and turnout for primaries is embarrassingly low. However, once he gets to the general election he will stand no chance. If you want to see what happens when an extreme nationalist gets to the general election look at France's 2002 election.

...expressions of cultural superiority, which typically has a racial or religious piece.

I am slowly accepting that Trump has a very good chance of winning the Republican primary, because we've gotten into one of those periods where the extreme nationalists have seized control of the Republican Party and turnout for primaries is embarrassingly low. However, once he gets to the general election he will stand no chance. If you want to see what happens when an extreme nationalist gets to the general election look at France's 2002 election.

Actually, Donald Trump's popularity is the equal and opposite reaction to the expressions of cultural and religious superiority by Muslim supremacists. A Muslim supremacist does not come here to be one of us. (S)He comes here to destroy us; therefore, (s)he doesn't belong here. And there's absolutely nothing in the U.S. Constitution that gives any foreigner the right to immigrate here; immigrating here is a privilege. Furthermore, any pro-immigration sentiment by any of our Founding Fathers was based on the belief that those immigrating here wanted to better their lives and become one of us, not destroy our lives and become the rulers of us. Their pro-immigration sentiment does not apply to Muslim supremacists for this reason. If believing this makes me a nationalist, then so be it. I'd rather be a nationalist than a globalist anyway.

• Downvote 3

Actually, Donald Trump's popularity is the equal and opposite reaction to the expressions of cultural and religious superiority by Muslim supremacists. A Muslim supremacist does not come here to be one of us. (S)He comes here to destroy us; therefore, (s)he doesn't belong here. And there's absolutely nothing in the U.S. Constitution that gives any foreigner the right to immigrate here; immigrating here is a privilege. Furthermore, any pro-immigration sentiment by any of our Founding Fathers was based on the belief that those immigrating here wanted to better their lives and become one of us, not destroy our lives and become the rulers of us. Their pro-immigration sentiment does not apply to Muslim supremacists for this reason. If believing this makes me a nationalist, then so be it. I'd rather be a nationalist than a globalist anyway.

What in THEEEEE fuck are you babbling on about?

Trump is the typical New Yorker. I really don't care anymore, it'd be interesting to see if he did win that's for sure.

Could you elaborate?

There's absolutely nothing in the U.S. Constitution that gives any foreigner the right to immigrate here; immigrating here is a privilege.

Quoting for emphasis.

It's not illegal to halt immigration.

Quoting for emphasis.

It's not illegal to halt immigration.

Whether it is or isn't is not the problem. If they were to halt immigration for EVERYONE it'd be a different topic than, "Immigration is fine except for this SPECIFIC group of people."

Edited by JetsFan4Life

I kind of wanted to vote for Trump just for the lolz as I think he is a troll and him beating Hilary would be glorious. But lately he has completely lost me.

As much as I dislike Hilary, I'd vote for her 10/10 times over Trump. No hesitation.

Hillary would without a doubt be the worst president in the history of the United States. Whenever she fucks up she just ducks her head and avoids answering questions. Also not very good that she's had multiple scandals already. She's a political puppet that is controlled by big donors and big business. She is literally corporate america.

Edited by Chernobyl426
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

trump-compared-to-hitler.jpg

Just gonna leave this here...

• Upvote 1

Can't wait to not vote for anyone if it's Hillary/Trump. :dance:

• Upvote 1

The big question is what does Trump mean when he says banning Muslims from entering the country? If he means banning American-Muslims, that's a violation of the constitution. Does he mean simply disallowing immigration? Does he mean not allowing any entering for a Muslim who is not a US citizen? The only way this is actually breaking the law is if he stops American-Muslims from entering the country.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

This means that American-Muslims can't be stopped from entering the country unless they're only be temporarily held to pass a background check to make sure they haven't been up to shady shit. The huge argument right now is that Trump is taking a dump on the 14th amendment. He isn't. Immigrants are not protected by US laws unless they've already taken up residence in the United States.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12342835_10153756285216800_1103509613085

• Downvote 1

I would say that enforcing different immigration rights based on religion is a pretty clear violation of the first amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

We're not prohibiting the exercising of a religion in the scenario. We'd be limiting a certain group of immigrants, which the law doesn't apply to anyways.

(For the record I'm just playing devil's advocate here. Disallowing immigrants for their religion is a fucking stupid idea that won't work. I am against immigration in general right now though.)

Edited by Chernobyl426

"Trump is fearmongering! He's trying to scare people!"

"Trump is like Hitler!"

Lmfao fearmongering at its finest.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Trump is the antichrist.

Anyone that follows him is just as bad as Daesh.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

"Trump is fearmongering! He's trying to scare people!"

"Trump is like Hitler!"

Lmfao fearmongering at its finest.

It's not fear mongering when the comparison has some validity.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1