Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

TGP Primary Poll: Republicans

20 members have voted

1. 1. As of today, who would you vote for?

• Jeb Bush
    • Ben Carson
    • Chris Christie
    • Ted Cruz
    • Carly Fiorina
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John Kasich
    • Rand Paul
    • Marco Rubio
    • Donald Trump
    • Scott Walker
    • Other

Agreed, SteVo and F4E re: Kasich.

I mean, I do no agree with everything he says (e.g. sending a full-on invasion to fight Daesh ala Iraq), but at least he's a somewhat levelheaded, intelligent human being. He's also a somewhat proven candidate who's done some things.

I've been more and more impressed with him in these debates as he's actually getting more and more time because it's not such a clusterfuck of candidates. I was especially impressed by this past debate in how he handled himself and wouldn't be baited into joining in on the foolishness. I really like how he actually answers the questions and gives specifics. Again, I'm not on board with everything he says, but when are you truly ever?

If I were a registered Republican, I'd vote for him in a heartbeat over these other clowns. He unfortunately wouldn't win the 'Pub nom, but if he did, I'd be voting Kasich over Hillary without question.

• Upvote 1

I think Kasich has been polled mopping the floor with Hillary.

And Sanders. He won't win the primary though, no chance. He's too moderate.

And Sanders. He won't win the primary though, no chance. He's too moderate.

but in a brokered convention all bets are off, I'm really interested to see how he does in Ohio, where Kasich has an approval rating in the 60s, if he has a strong showing there I could see him building steam, keep in mind even though Trump has a sizeable lead he still needs to get another 900 delegates

Could someone explain to me what a brokered convention is? And it's a shame that the best candidate won't win the nomination because he's not extreme enough. I was starting to jump on the Kasich hype train. Maybe he could run again next cycle, but moderates don't fair well it seems.

A brokered convention is where no one wins a majority of the delegates on the first nomination.

After that, the delegates are technically free to vote for whoever they want to, and thus you could legitimately have a scenario where Mitt Romney doesn't run during the primaries and ends up as the Republican nominee.

Trump can say whatever he wants and still get votes. I don't get it.

This whole anti-establishment anger among voters has been festering since 2010. Since 2008, really, but bear with me here.

2007. We, as Americans, have accepted the realities of a post-9/11 world, and we're dealing with it rather well, all things considered. Our patience with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, however, is wearing thin. Then, the economy tanks. That's it. We're pissed.

2008. We elect Barack Obama. His campaign message of hope and change is exactly what we need to hear right now, and so it begins.

2010. "Voters are angry" is the refrain on all the news networks as Republicans dominate the midterm elections, taking control of the House. It's true; voters are angry, and they want results.

Think about what happened in 2010 and think about what's happened in Washington since: same president, same leaders in Congress. Control has shifted slightly, with Republicans taking Senate control in 2014, but what has come of it? Americans growing pissed off with lawmakers is nothing new; but with the same politicians in office and the same lack of results, an election like we're having shouldn't surprise anyone.

By the way, I'm not trying to chalk this up to an it's-Obama's-fault message. I don't really think much would be different if Mitt Romney were President, and I believe that type of sentiment is what's driving campaigns like Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders.

You know yesterday was bad for trump right?

Phil do you actually like Donald Trump? Or are you just being a troll?

You know yesterday was bad for trump right?

So what if he didn't do well in the polls on a night in early March? Who gives a shit? Can't say he's really too worried when he's going out to have dinner with Bill Belichick on a Saturday night.

Phil do you actually like Donald Trump? Or are you just being a troll?

Why do all Trump haters automatically assume that if you show support towards Trump, you're just basically trolling?

Why would I not like Trump? I'm not a libtard or someone that supports illegal immigrants, so Trump doesn't give me a sore vagina like he does with some Americans.

• Upvote 1

I assume you're trolling 3/4 of the times you post, because that's what you do. You have two awards for biggest troll on the site lol.

I completely understand why Trump would appeal to you. He's basically the world's biggest troll and he's somehow getting away with it.

Edited by Thanatos

So what if he didn't do well in the polls on a night in early March? Who gives a shit? Can't say he's really too worried when he's going out to have dinner with Bill Belichick on a Saturday night.

They weren't polls. They were real primaries. And I don't know if you realize, but if Trump doesn't get over half the delegates, he's gonna be shut out from the nomination in June (and this is looking a lot more likely after yesterday).

CdUAAWwUYAElXFi.png

For every dipshit Trump supporter who wants to kill blacks, there is a dipshit Bernie supporter who wants to kill whites. Keep that in mind.

• Downvote 3

For every dipshit Trump supporter who wants to kill blacks, there is a dipshit Bernie supporter who wants to kill whites. Keep that in mind.

No theres not.

Edited by blotsfan

Minorities don't support Bernie anyway. >_>

CdUAAWwUYAElXFi.png

You can't be serious, Cherry. That's not even remotely close to true.

Minorities don't support Bernie anyway. >_>

Seems pretty fucking dumb, doesn't it? All of the voters in this country need to pull their heads out of their asses