Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

TGP Primary Poll: Republicans

20 members have voted

1. 1. As of today, who would you vote for?

• Jeb Bush
    • Ben Carson
    • Chris Christie
    • Ted Cruz
    • Carly Fiorina
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John Kasich
    • Rand Paul
    • Marco Rubio
    • Donald Trump
    • Scott Walker
    • Other

Guest Phailadelphia

Liked this a lot. Christie, Cruz, and probably Rubio will all incite something akin to WW3 if elected.

It's all tough talk. Christie is a bitch and would turn and run the second Russia steps up to the table. Rubio is much too mild IMO to incite a huge war with Russia. Cruz is the only one I'd be seriously worried about enforcing a no-fly zone.

Also note that fucking Hillary supports a no-fly zone.

Edited by Chernobyl426

inspiring words from ... Donald Trump?

when Cruz made the "New York values" comment I knew it'd get thrown back at him at some point making him look like even more of an idiot, but I gotta say Trump had a far better response than I ever imagined him coming up with

Cruz made the New York Values comment earlier as well, so I'm sure Trump planned for it.

When does using 9/11 to get political points become tacky? Because I feel like we're years past when that should've happened.

It was masterfully done by Trump to bring up 9/11. I'm in the group that absolutely hates people bringing that shit up, but it is much cleaner and easier to handle than the non-stop Christie 9/11 train that has been rolling since he announced.

Cruz made the New York Values comment earlier as well, so I'm sure Trump planned for it.

I'm well aware (I actually didn't watch the debate so I saw Trump's response before I realized that Cruz said it again) and I should probably be complimenting his speech writers rather than him, but it's still a fantastic response

as to bringing up 9/11 it's all about context to me, when people bring it up to support the war on terror that's just fear mongering and shouldn't have a place in political discourse, but in a case like this I think it's the best place to go for a universally understood example of NY resiliency, which is what was needed to silence (hopefully) the imbecilic comment from Cruz (seriously, every Cruz adviser who didn't tell him that insulting "New York values" was a terrible idea should be canned)

I just can't believe that Ted Cruz actually has a chance to unseat Trump. I'm not a huge Trump fan at all, as you all know or if you haven't heard me say it, could imagine, but Ted Cruz scares the shit out of me to an even greater extent. Ted Cruz embodies everything that is wrong with Conservatism, from his Religious zealotry to his complete inability to fathom what the average citizen goes through--even more so than Donald Trump, which takes the scary factor up even further.

We can handle Donald Trump. We can't handle Ted Cruz.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Picking between Donald Trump and Ted Cruz is like choosing between lethal injection and electric chair. Either way America is ded.

Edited by Sarge

Picking between Donald Trump and Ted Cruz is like choosing between lethal injection and electric chair. Either way America is ded.

Hahahaha holy shit man when does it end

When America is ashes, then you have my permission to die.

Fun fact from a shoutbox discussion with blots earlier:

Since 1972, when the primary schedule was adjusted so that Iowa and New Hampshire went #1/#2 in the order, no Republican has ever won the party nomination without winning either the Iowa caucus or New Hampshire primary.

I had to re-register as a Republican yesterday so I could partake in the caucus on Monday. Oh the things I will do for limited government, liberty, and the Constitution.....

I am biased, but I still think Rand comes out as the top of this last debate before caucus season. I mean.. from start to finish, he has been the most consistent candidate up there. I just wish the media would give him more attention -- he would easily become the next POTUS, in my opinion. Although, I suppose that isn't what they want.

• Upvote 1

I can not tell you how much I hate this fat sack of shit. Oh my goodness.

Also... I will be attending the Iowa Caucus on Monday. Now that I have to vote, here is my breakdown of the candidates and how I favor them.

1. Rand Paul

2. Ben Carson

----------------------

3. Carly Fiorina

4. Jeb Bush

5. Donald Trump

------
// Ted Cruz - slimy used car salesman who I can't trust at all.

// Marco Rubio - just don't like his aura or energy much. I get bad vibes and I don't even know if he knows what he is doing half the time.

// John Kasich - I honestly don't really mind him all that much. He seems, at times to be kinda flaky. He annoys me when he talks, and he reminds me more of the creepy secluded uncle at Thanksgiving than anything, but... He's OK.
// Chris Christie - You are gross. You disgust me. You winning would kill this country.

Notice my top 4 are like the bottom 4 in the polls. Ugh. The cost of liberty, I suppose. I agree with a lot of Trump's platform, but he is just so loud and stupid. He would be the ultimate puppet president (who hasn't been since JFK, though.. really).

Trump's nomination would guarantee a Dem victory anyway. And I don't really know if Cruz or Rubio would fare much better. At the beginning of this process I thought the Republicans had this locked up... But the candidates polling well and getting the most attention are the worst candidates in the party. So... whatever. lol

Any of the people under 5, I would likely never vote for under any condition. The only condition would be if Hillary wins the Dem nomination, which I don't think will happen.I would potentially seriously consider voting Bernie over Cruz or Rubio -- even thinking that he will put the final nail into the coffin of the middle class. And I would definitely probably (lulz) vote for O'Malley over them.

However, I suppose we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

I just imagine Christie as always talking about hoagies.

We have to protect the lives of American hoagies.

The hugs I remember are to the hoagies after the attack, senator Paul.

^^Don't think I could vote for Carson, F4E. I don't dislike him but I don't feel he is suited for the job. O'Malley sucks too.

I, like Chern, love Trump's pro-business, less taxes policies. But I simply can't vote for a racist pig, it's just too immoral. I don't think Trump's immigration/database policies would ever pass legislation but it's not worth the risk. I didn't think Obamacare would pass and well....

If I'm voting in a republican, it's Paul for me. The only electable guy there. It sucks he is buried beneath the media-created pile of crap.

Fixed.

Ya, I can see why people would be put off by Carson. I would like him a lot more if he wasn't so insistent on getting boots on the ground out in Syria and everywhere else in the world. Then again, most of the Republicans have that mentality.

He seems to have a strong grasp of basic freedoms and rights. The Constitution actually means something to him, which is a huge plus in my mind.

He also is a complete moron when it comes to scientific issues and thinks his degree qualifies him to talk about issues such as climate change when in reality I'm just as qualified to talk about it as he is.

Oh and then there's that little thing where he basically blamed the victims of the Oregon shooting for not rushing the shooter, as if anyone can possibly say what they would have done in such a situation.

He's a despicable sack of shit. Fortunately, he isn't winning the nomination and he'd be crushed by any Dem anyway.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

He also is a complete moron when it comes to scientific issues and thinks his degree qualifies him to talk about issues such as climate change when in reality I'm just as qualified to talk about it as he is.

Oh and then there's that little thing where he basically blamed the victims of the Oregon shooting for not rushing the shooter, as if anyone can possibly say what they would have done in such a situation.

He's a despicable sack of shit. Fortunately, he isn't winning the nomination and he'd be crushed by any Dem anyway.

Agreed. His campaign soared as long as he could lean on principles of "liberty" and "the Constitution" but as soon as he was pressed for specific answers on key issues he crumbled. He's repeatedly displayed poor judgment and lacks any redeeming qualities that might bridge the gap between his ignorance and his lack of concrete solutions.