Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Steelers @ Bengals

I don't agree with the call on Pacman Jones, I don't see what he did. If all he did was talk to "Jerry" Porter, that shouldn't have been a foul.

I don't know if they've given an official reason for the flag, but I do remember seeing Pacman getting in a ref's face, which could be enough to justify the flag depending on what was said

I don't disagree with anyone who says Burfict is a dirty player, but this isn't a game that proves it. I didn't think the hit on Brown was an intentional move to target his head as much as it was just a reckless hit.

If I was the Bengals I'd give him an extension after this game. What a game.

• Upvote 2

Anyone who defends the Shazier hit doesn't understand the rulebook.

The Burfict hit was certainly unnecessary and he should've been much more careful. I can understand the call.

The Pacman call was simply fucking stupid. Porter wasn't on the field to check on Brown. Brown was off the field when it happened. He was there to rouse Cincy jimmies.

Also I'd like to look back at the Shawn Williams hit. A clean hit that was called for being dirty. Another example of ref fucking Bengals. Don't get me wrong, Cincy had an epic choke. But the refs were inexcusable. You'd think a crew that failed the first time to keep shit in line wouldn't cover the same fucking game again.

• Upvote 1

I don't know if they've given an official reason for the flag, but I do remember seeing Pacman getting in a ref's face, which could be enough to justify the flag depending on what was said

I haven't been able to find a replay.

From someone at the game:

It was a madhouse. I was in the 300 levels which were relatively under control, but the endzones were throwing beer cans onto the field from the Gio hit until the end of the game. I'd say 40-50 cans, most still with plenty of beer in them. The endzones were half empty by the time 5 minutes were left in the game, because of all the ejections. My cousin and Uncle called the jerk line and ended up being some of the 20 or so people in their row/section who were ejected. I saw Ben get hit with a can while on the cart. At least one Steelers lineman and two refs got hit with cans. It wasn't just throwing shit out of protest, you could tell people were aiming. People were throwing shit from the upper levels down to the field.

After the last play the stadium announcer said, this is a direct quote: "Welp, that's it everyone." I was expecting to see fights in the halls as everyone was leaving but everyone was quiet, even the Steelers fans. I think it's probably a good thing the game ended with such an anticlimax because it seems like it took the fight out of the crowd.

I won't watch the broadcast, obviously, but there's no way it could have shown how ugly the crowd and teams got after the fumble. Both sidelines nearly emptied multiple times as players screamed at each other. I don't think it was on par with the last Browns game but it was still wildly out of hand.

Burfict is a POS but so are quite a few Steelers. You'd hate a team if a player on it threatened your life, I'd assume.

I'll stick with my current opinion on Shazier hit. It was a head shot. He used the crown. It's not ejection worthy like Burfict's but it is an illegal hit.

As you said officiating was shit and unpredictable all night. It definitely fucked the game up.

So much to say.

-The Burfict hit is undeniable and anyone saying otherwise is biased or a troll.

-Speaking of trolls, I'm going to call you out again, ATL. You're a punkass poser that just tries to stir the pot. You always used to say that you liked the Steelers and their hard-nosed style and that Ben was one of the most underrated, elite QBs. You've started to "swap teams" constantly, knowing what an uproar it causes. I don't trust anything you say. Try being real for once.

-This game and all of the nastiness comes down to Marvin Lewis. Marvin's teams have always been marked by "thuggery". He allows this culture to gestate and it manifests itself in the actions of his players. He's tried to "rehabilitate" people like Burfict and Pacman, but he does not reel them in like Belichick and we end up with this shitty "rivalry" that's nothing more than Burfict and Pacman manufacturing drama as an excuse to be cunts.

-Burfict should have been ejected long before the Brown hit. The entire game he was instigating fights and skirmishes without repercussion. He's a known dirty player, that's why he went from 1st round talent to undrafted. He celebrated after he injured Bell this year. There's ferocity and trying to make your opponent hurt, and there's being dirty and trying to injure them. He shouldn't be on the field.

-The officials were extremely inconsistent all night. Everyone wants to blame the "bullshit refs" for handing the Steelers the win, but the Steelers were shafted multiple times throughout the game, a game that was scoreless for 3 quarters, a battle for field position.

• Gay and another Steeler danced in the endzone for like 3 seconds before they were penalized, which was complete bullshit. Then the TD was overturned and they still lost the 15 yards. lmao.
  • Later, Burfict catches the INT and literally runs the entire length of the field and through the tunnel followed by multiple Bengals. No flag. wtf?
  • I know that when I saw it, the 42 yard PI on Will Allen looked iffy, but I know plenty of people in the Shoutbox said they disagreed with the call. This put the Bengals at the 4 and lead to their first TD of the game.
  • Like I mentioned earlier, there were plenty of skirmishes and shit after the whistle that were instigated by Burfict, but nothing came of it. The Steelers were penalized twice in instances like this.
  • Also, the game should have been over when Shazier took the fumble back. They blew the whistle after he was already gone. The "inadvertent whistle" rule is bullshit and inconsistent.

-The Shazier hit was rough, but he clearly began to go low and wrap up before Hill spun into him, which is deemed incidental. That shit happened quick unlike Burfict taking multiple steps and aiming at Brown. On top of that, the hit was close, but Hill took two steps and put his hand up to defend the hit. He was a runner at that point, meaning hitting him high is legal. Mike Pereira said as much. Also, you can see the hit in real time.

-I would go on at length about the Porter incident and post gifs and videos, but these two reddit posts have done it for me:

49er's fan.

Some other guy with extra video

-Saying Porter shouldn't be on the field in that situation is laughable. EVERY time a player is down like that, the sidelines empty. EVERY TIME. It happened when Bernard was hurt and all of the Bengals and their coaches were on the field.

Sir, you just detonated a nuclear device that ended this discussion. :)

• Upvote 1

Can't even begin to explain how it feels to even try to support the Bengals. The Green TD and Burfict pick made it feel like it'd be the greatest win in Bengals history. It felt like the fucking super bowl. Just to have it crumble like that.

I don't think the Bengals will be back next year in the playoffs. I don't think the team can mentally show up next year. It's just unreal.

Zack, as Sarge said in the shoutbox that night in regards to the Williams hit, clean hit but that gets called every week.. the same thing should be said about the Shazier hit. Not intentional but always a flag. And for me, Bernard catches it, turns around and is immediately blasted. Should've been a call but also...McCarron set him up.

Can't even begin to explain how it feels to even try to support the Bengals. The Green TD and Burfict pick made it feel like it'd be the greatest win in Bengals history. It felt like the fucking super bowl. Just to have it crumble like that.

I don't think the Bengals will be back next year in the playoffs. I don't think the team can mentally show up next year. It's just unreal.

I don't know...It would've been a different game with Dalton. McCarron was pretty bad.

Ok princess, let's try this one from week 17.

https://vine.co/v/iMWPBbFYELr

Keep your head on a swivel and if Vontaze is such a dirty player you'd be aware of that so you'd at least be able to react to something like that happening.

Tis quite amusing that ZOS wants to take shots simply because I wanted the Bengals to win a game over the Steelers which they actually did..winning at beating themselves. Pittsburgh has proved nothing and has earned nothing so far being in a postseason they shouldn't be in? Is Ben an underrated elite QB? Absolutely. Did I used to not mind the Steelers a few years ago when they still had Polamalu, Clark, Ward, and Taylor? Absolutely. Has that perception changed now with dirty bastards like Shazier, Gay (Never liked him), DeCastro, and a few others? Yeah.

God forbid me want to see AJ McCarron see a playoff victory with the Bengals and players that I actually like in Green, Vontaze, Pacman, Whitworth, Dunlap, Nelson and numerous others. I should be taken to Mt. Calvary just like the last perfect man to walk the earth.

Anyway, this all comes down to the Steelers are not a good team, with an abysmal defense skating by because another team beat themselves more than the Steelers could beat them.

You can rage and stuff all you want, but with a hobbling Ben and a concussed AB you're not going to have fun in Denver. Even with the most overrated playoff QB of all-time starting, you'll find a way to lose and your already overachieving playoff run will be over just like that.

• Downvote 4

Zack, as Sarge said in the shoutbox that night in regards to the Williams hit, clean hit but that gets called every week.. the same thing should be said about the Shazier hit. Not intentional but always a flag. And for me, Bernard catches it, turns around and is immediately blasted. Should've been a call but also...McCarron set him up.

I don't know...It would've been a different game with Dalton. McCarron was pretty bad.

Yeah I have full faith that the Bengals win that game by double digits with Andy out there. Sadly that wasn't the case and this loss crushed morale more than anything Andy ever could have done.

capture_20160109_214003.jpg?w=1000&h=600

This is illegal by the current NFL rules. If you want to argue it should be legal, okay. But currently this is not legal and it should not be framed as such.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yeah I have full faith that the Bengals win that game by double digits with Andy out there. Sadly that wasn't the case and this loss crushed morale more than anything Andy ever could have done.

If you want to speak in hypotheticals, Fitzgerald Toussaint had a pretty good game against Cincy. Imagine what D-Will or Bell could have done.

• Upvote 1

If you want to speak in hypotheticals, Fitzgerald Toussaint had a pretty good game against Cincy. Imagine what D-Will or Bell could have done.

We already saw what happened with Bell out there. The Bengals won. If you want to speak hypotheticals we can bitch back and forth all day. We both know Cincy is a better team all-around.

Pacman saying Brown was faking that concussion. Lmao. Honestly I don't know what to make of that. That's stupid enough to deserve a fine. Pacman needs to keep his mouth shut and move on.

Edited by Chernobyl426

We already saw what happened with Bell out there. The Bengals won. If you want to speak hypotheticals we can bitch back and forth all day. We both know Cincy is a better team all-around.

Pacman saying Brown was faking that concussion. Lmao. Honestly I don't know what to make of that. That's stupid enough to deserve a fine. Pacman needs to keep his mouth shut and move on.

They won in the regular season. I can agree they are the better overall team in the REGULAR SEASON. They suck in the playoffs and that's that. There's a reason they are 0-5. They can never make it happen in the postseason.

Ya... saying an Andy Dalton-led squad would win by double digits in the playoffs is a bit of a stretch... lol.

• Upvote 1

My homeboy is a Bengals fan and I always give him shit about them. I tell him if they want to win a SB u need a better QB and Coach.

You guys are the Peyton Manning of football teams. Good in the regular season but always choke in the playoffs. Yes there were some bad calls but even still.. you guys were down 15-0 for most of the game. Bengals are overrated to me, because I know once the postseason hits, they wont do nothing.

Majority of people picked the Steelers to win as well. So you guys have to prove that u can even win ONE playoff game first before anything else.

Dalton was 0-4 btw. How would he make a difference for u guys? Because of his regular season year? I doubt it bro. Dalton sucks to me. Won't win u guys anything.

So being the better regular season team means nothing, specially to you guys who are 1 and doners in the postseason.

You guys should be more mad at your team and players for the acts they did. Specially pacman. He is still the same dumbass he was with us. Let him go.

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't you think it's a bit silly to say that a team is only as good as their win-loss in the playoffs over the past few years, at least potential wise? Andy was an MVP candidate until he broke his thumb. If you don't think a QB playing at MVP level makes a difference you're too focused on media hype about being 0-4.

Don't you think it's a bit silly to say that a team is only as good as their win-loss in the playoffs over the past few years, at least potential wise? Andy was an MVP candidate until he broke his thumb. If you don't think a QB playing at MVP level makes a difference you're too focused on media hype about being 0-4.

When that qb is 0-4 in the playoffs, no.

Everybody ripped Peyton Manning for the exact reason for a long time. For good reason too.

Marvin Lewis is the only head coach in NFL History to have a 0-7 record for the playoffs. Your qb and head coach won't win you a championship.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Steelers apparently gave Joey Porter the game ball.:yao:

And after a while Peyton did win, correct? Dalton seems to be following the same road. I'd prefer not to compare players because it is unfair and discounts the fact that players are individual from each other. I'd also point to the fact that such a small sample size is very poor in determining how good a player is or how a team is in "playoff limbo".

Take a coin and flip it 4 times. Odds are you'll land on heads at least once and tails at least once. However, that doesn't mean it's a guarantee. You could land on heads 4 times in a row. You could land on tails 4 times in a row. This obviously gets more complicated when you discuss a game as intricate as football, but in a broader sense you can see how it applies. Andy Dalton has played something close to 80 games now if my memory is correct. Taking 5% of his games and putting them in a box is a very bad way of judging him as a player.

Now take the coin and add weight to it. This factors in how good (or bad) Andy Dalton is. Whether you view him like I do (good) or how you do (bad) there is still a very realistic chance that you flip heads 4 times or flip tails 4 times with that coin. If you take that and span it over 80 games (or flips if you like) you can see a lot clearer into how good that player actually does.

Look at Joe Flacco's super bowl run. He was very average in the playoffs and then turned up out of nowhere with an epic statistical performance. Look at Eli Manning in his two runs. The game is as much randomness as it is popular sports ideas like people being "clutch" or people being "chokers".

If you want to be basic with it and argue that Andy is a choke artist and can't win, I'd just give the argument back that Cincy lost by 2 and the difference is points between starting McCarron vs Dalton is more than 2.