DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Playoff Thread

Dude you live in North Dakota. o-POT-MEET-KETTLE-570.jpg

Dude North Dakota is an awesome place to live.

Dude North Dakota is an awesome place to live.

93868-004-AC1B4E94.jpg

Looks like a hell of a place to be. :welp:

It's hard to like LeBron. While he doesn't get into trouble off the court or anything, and his support of such a shithole in Cleveland and Ohio in general (because it's where he's from) is heartwarming, he is the epitome of what's wrong with basketball nowadays. Coaches are no longer allowed to coach, and you know why? Because the best player in the world dictated it with his constant under-the-radar whining if things are exactly how he wants them. Now we've got second tier stars like James Harden refusing to take any coaching whatsoever because...well, LeBron does it, so why can't I? Star players have begun to pick and choose their teammates, creating superteams that often cakewalk through their conference playoffs. You know why? Because LeBron thought it'd be great to play with his buddies.

LeBron James is an incredible player and a joy to watch, but as a person I can't like him because I honestly feel like he's ruined a lot that was great about basketball. So many players are uncoachable, now. It's ridiculous. LeBron's whining about coaching even got a very good coach in David Blatt fired in favor of Lue, who is nothing special whatsoever. His rotations are silly. His decision to start Tristan Thompson was fucking dumb and only worked out because the East is a laughingstock.

Not liking a player because he's not willing to put up a front office that doesn't bring results? That has no loyalty to a player beyond how much revenue they can bring in?

Additionally this isn't new as many superstars since the Jordan era have either demanded, or complained about being traded, etc due to losing. Kobe did it and admitted to it. Same goes for superstars ignoring coaches, or rebelling against coaches. These guys are professional athletes, and just about every superstar choses to freelance at times.

These coaches and GMs bending over backwards for 2nd tier superstars is as much a reflection of how soft and willing to bend over backwards they are as it is superstars supposedly developing bigger egos.

It's your opinion so I'm not going to try to somehow convince you or anyone else otherwise but.... I don't buy that reasoning...

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F
  • Upvote 2

Also, James Harden? A second tier superstar? Eh......

You're not a top tier superstar unless you play on both ends of the floor.

Tell that to steph :troll:

How have I never seen this before? Lmfao Curry's dunks with Hornswaggle's WWE music. :yao:

Cav fans everywhere are looking for excuses....

But the bottom line is, Cleveland can't play defense, and they are going to get swept.

This makes my heart happy.

:troll:

Way to go, LBJ carried that damn team to a Finals victory. Dominating performances all around. Better be MVP too.

Edited by Thanatos

:troll:

Way to go, LBJ carried that damn team to a Finals victory. Dominating performances all around. Better be MVP too.

I would literally bet my life that LeBron is finals MVP. In about 10 minutes these posts will look stupid lol.

Steph Curry being a dumbass was the Cavs MVP in that game. So many poor choices in the 4th, but that's basically Curry's game, poor choices working out.

• Upvote 1

Cleveland held GSW to 89 points at Oracle. That is incredible. They defended Steph and Klay so well

^And the craziest part about it is that Kevin Love played great defense on him down the stretch (Steph).

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Love making any kind of contribution at all was surprising, let alone that.

Like last year when Cleveland likely would have won with Kyrie/Love, I think GSW would have won with Bogut. Cleveland got a bunch of points on fouls under the basket while guys were fighting for rebounds and GSW got called for legitimate fouls, most obviously in the latter parts of the third quarter. While Andrew Bogut is GSW's 4th or 5th best player, he is a lynchpin in what they do. He provides great rim protection, rebounds very well, minimizing second chance opportunities for the opposing team. He would have gotten some first chance rebounds that guys like Draymond, Barnes, and Iggy couldn't get tonight.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Andrew fucking Bogut is the Warriors lynch pin? Lmao. If that's true, the Warriors are a joke and nowhere near as good as people made them out to be. Although perhaps that can be said either way.

• Upvote 1

Bware stick to what you know and that's switching favorite teams every month. Bogut may be the 10th best player in that team. Iggy, Barnes are certainly better

• Upvote 1

Cavs were missing a confident KLove too. Imagine if he was 100% there and knocking down shots.

Bware stick to what you know and that's switching favorite teams every month. Bogut may be the 10th best player in that team. Iggy, Barnes are certainly better

Building a Brick House Barnes better than Bogut? ROFL.

And JD, Bogut is their rim protector and best rebounder. He negates so many of Cleveland's extra possessions last night. Don't underestimate the impact of a great defensive Center.

Just to clarify, I'm not selling short what Cleveland accomplished. Just pointing out that Bogut would have made a difference.

Cavs were missing a confident KLove too. Imagine if he was 100% there and knocking down shots.

Meh. KLove is a not on the same level as either Bron or Kyrie, especially after he lost the weight to become pretty much just a shooter offensively.