Cherry

Thoughts for TC/Preseason

I just saw a video of Kessler running out the back of the endzone, now Dan Orlovsky isn't the only QB I think is a total joke. Lmao.

Anyway, a lot of mixed feelings about the Lions' preseason debut. Decker got his lunched snatched by Harrison, that was hard to watch.

• Upvote 1

Decker at LT was going to be a mess. Fucking Lions.

Goff had completely shit protection but responded poorly when he was under pressure though. Usually in college he steps up in pocket and avoids guys. He wasn't recognizing blitzes as well which is expected. He was solid with ball placement and timing though.

Dak was fucking immaculate. Nailed every throw he needed to and had great pocket awareness. Insane touch on deep passes too.

Goff 5/10.

Dak 10/10. Dude looked insane.

The crazy thing is his two incompletions were both drops that hit Swaim right in the hands. Couldn't have had a better debut.

The crazy thing is his two incompletions were both drops that hit Swaim right in the hands. Couldn't have had a better debut.

Well, technically he could have if Swaim had caught those two passes. :p

• Upvote 1

Bossweiler was Fraudweiler?

Bossweiler was Fraudweiler?

Not really. Just didn't get to see enough from him today. Hopefully in the next games he gets more of a chance to show off what he can do. It was just vanilla bullshit and he got pulled pretty damn early.

Jared Goof*

Goff had completely shit protection but responded poorly when he was under pressure though. Usually in college he steps up in pocket and avoids guys. He wasn't recognizing blitzes as well which is expected. He was solid with ball placement and timing though.

Dak was fucking immaculate. Nailed every throw he needed to and had great pocket awareness. Insane touch on deep passes too.

*JARED GOOF 5/10*

• Upvote 1

How you gonna take a guy #40 overall then trade him the next year for a backup lineman. Fucking Titans.

WENTZ TO DGB

:Eagles::trophy:

Edited by Chernobyl426

I'm sure they'll have lots of fun giving each other handjobs on the bench

How you gonna take a guy #40 overall then trade him the next year for a backup lineman. Fucking Titans.

WENTZ TO DGB

:Eagles::trophy:

Easy, the guy has all the talent in the world, which justifies the #40 pick, but he's got a shit work ethic, add in that we have a lot of mediocre WRs (of which he was one) but little to no depth on the oline, particularly the tackle position, and this is a no-brainer to me.

For DGB I hope this serves as a wakeup call and he gets his head on straight and sets the league on fire, but it was becoming clear that it wasn't going to happen in Tennessee. Getting something for a guy who was looking less and less likely to make the 53 man roster makes all sorts of sense.

DGB never gonna learn. If being kicked off 2 college teams wasn't enough, I don't think being traded will either. All that raw talent and no drive.

Still. You take a guy #40 then trade him for a backup lineman a year later it reflects very poorly on your franchise.

Still. You take a guy #40 then trade him for a backup lineman a year later it reflects very poorly on your franchise.

Old gm drafted him, new gm traded him, really not that hard to understand

Old gm drafted him, new gm traded him, really not that hard to understand

Oh I didn't realize it was old GM who drafted him. My bad. :yep:

Stanley Jean-Baptiste just got cut by Hawks. :p One of the worst busts in the past few years.

Marcel Dareus facing 4-game suspension for substance abuse policy violation.

That backup lineman brings more value to the team than DGB does.

DGB is a bum. All he's ever gonna be is just good enough to keep getting a paycheck.

I think there's a really solid chance that Trevor Siemian could begin week 1 as the Broncos' starting QB. He looked pretty good in preseason, and there's been nothing but accolades for him coming out of the Den/SF joint practices. He's accurate, pretty safety-conscious with the football, and he's already been in the system for a year. It just turns my stomache to think of Sanchez as the starter. They have to know what they're getting with him, and where his ceiling plainly is. To be perfectly honest, neither of them could really play any worse than Manning did last year, so all-in-all I'm not super worried about it. For that reason though as well, I'd like to see Siemian get the nod over butt-fumble.

I will say though, Pax's arm is friggin LIVE. He threw some really nice balls in the preseason game with impressive zip. The other thing with him is, for having such long arms and being so tall, he has a pretty quick release that I didn't really expect. I think he's gonna be a fun one to watch going forward with his athleticism factoring in. Again, given that our QB position last year was basically a shitshow for most of the year, I wouldn't be opposed to him starting at some point down the line if the other guys are floundering.

Edited by theMileHighGuy

6 Games today, let's see if Chicago can get their first points of the pre season. :p

I'm looking to see more of Deandre Washington tonight. I believe he can be our #1 back and would be more effective than Latavius.

Really hope to not see any more injuries.

Schedule tonight:

:Eagles::Steelers::NFL: Network 7:00

:Bengals::Lions: 7:30

:Falcons::Browns: 8:00

:Bears::Pats: 8:00

:Raiders::Packers: 8:00

:Vikings::Seahawks::NFL: Network 10:00

Everything other game is local so you'll have to stream or have gameday pass or whatever it's called.

Raiders blow... They kept their starters in the for the entire half and they couldn't do squat against our 2nd team offense and defense. Highlight of the night for them was probably Kahlil Mack dominating Jason Spriggs... Oooo, big surprise.

As far as the Packers go. I like the way they are playing. They are playing faster than their opponents and they seem prepared for the regular season.

Hundley went out after re-injuring that ankle, but he looked great before he left. Joe Callahan took a step backwards, but he made some nice plays and he can really scramble. Shades of ol' #4. He has to be about a lock for the #3 QB job.

John Crockett put a chokehold on the #3 RB job. Couple of fantastic runs, including a TD... Also some nice catches. Sidenote... Eddie Lacy looks ready to fucking go. He's gonna do some damage this season -- or should.

We haven't been able to see much of him, but I think Geronimo Allison needs to stick at WR. I'd say put him on the practice squad, but I just don't think he would make it there without being claimed. Janis can be put on IR and Abbrederis just doesn't do anything. Abby has been given the step up on other WRs to stick by being the returner, especially in the absence of Janis... but Trevor Davis looks a lot better in that role. We don't need Jared for anything.

Tim Masthay was destroyed yet again in the punter battle. i'd prefer just to cut him now to give our new starter some more reps.

Edited by Favre4Ever