Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

2017 Coaching Carousel

If the Sean Payton rumors happen to be true this year, I think Coughlin would be perfect for New Orleans.

Black Monday ain't what it used to be. I miss the good old days (3 years ago).

I'll say Sean Payton gets released/traded to create a 7th opening, and that's it.

Colts are insane if they don't clean house. Theyre gonna waste the years of prime Luck on a shitty GM and average coaching staff.

There's talk of Bradley landing in D.C. as DC, he and GM McCloughan know each other from Seattle, that'd be a huge pickup for the Skins

There's talk of Bradley landing in D.C. as DC, he and GM McCloughan know each other from Seattle, that'd be a huge pickup for the Skins

A huge disappointment*.

A huge disappointment*.

how so? he's in a long line of excellent coordinators who made terrible head coaches

Every coordinator in Seattle is amazing... dunno if it has so much to do with the guy or the talent he has to work with. I know he had coordinators, but he didn't give me the impression he knew much about defense over the last few years in Jacksonville.

Jags have officially taken the interim label off of Marrone, I'll update the op when I get home from work

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10328/vance-joseph

Broncos hired Vance Joseph as their new head coach.

It's a four-year contract, per ESPN's Adam Schefter. Signs have been pointing to Joseph as the Broncos' top choice for about a week now, and with Joseph's Dolphins getting eliminated from the playoffs this past Sunday, it opened the door for the Broncos to move in and make the hire. Joseph was also drawing interest from the Chargers and 49ers, but cancelled those interviews Wednesday. By most accounts, Joseph is a rising star in the coaching world, having just wrapped up his first season as a defensive coordinator after coaching DBs since 2002. It's a homecoming of sorts after Joseph played his college ball at Colorado. The 44-year-old isn't expected to retain DC Wade Phillips and is reportedly looking at Mike McCoy and Bill Musgrave as his OC.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9285/sean-mcdermott

Bills hired Sean McDermott as their new head coach.

While both have defensive backgrounds, McDermott seems to be about the polar opposite of his predecessor, Rex Ryan. McDermott isn't bringing the flash and flare to Buffalo only to see empty promises follow. The 43-year-old (in March) has been a defensive coordinator for the past eight seasons, working under Andy Reid and legendary DC Jim Johnson in Philadelphia before becoming Ron Rivera's right-hand man in Carolina. He's fully expected to switch Buffalo to a 4-3 front, an idea the Bills' players have been clamoring for since Ryan was fired. McDermott has never been a head coach at any level. Nailing his offensive coordinator choice will be important. He's expected to give ex-Chargers coach Mike McCoy a ring.

Love this hire for the Bills. :yep:

:Chargers::Rams::49ers: remaining.

The big names floating around the rumor mill are:

:Redskins: OC Sean McVay

:Falcons: OC Kyle Shanahan

:Pats: OC Josh McDaniels

:Pats: DC Matt Patricia

Edited by FartWaffles

Vance Joseph seems like a meh hire. His Defense really wasn't that good. We'all see though.

McDermott screwed up. Bills are a mess and he is destined to fail because of that.

Vance Joseph seems like a meh hire. His Defense really wasn't that good. We'all see though.

True. A lot of Miami fans down here are glad to see him go.

Well the Miami defense was down Reshad Jones (the best player in their secondary, maybe on their entire defense) as well as the other safety, the number one corner, Kiko had a cast on his arm, so It's not like his defense had anything near the firepower we did. The question is, how capable a coach is he? Can he delegate properly? Can he build up our offensive line to adequacy? Who knows?

Yea I see the Broncos hire as a middle of the road hire, nothing great, but don't think it's bad either. On the flip side, I'm rooting for him to do well, cause it's always nice to see a fresh face in the league.

A bit surprised they didn't go with an offensive minded coach though, since they are a decent QB away from another Super Bowl.

also, McDermott's hire means there are now two NFL head coaches from William and Mary :rock:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000773406/native/sean-mcvay-named-rams-new-head-coach?akapp=mobile&akview=phone&akvideo=on

Los Angeles Rams name Sean McVay new head coach

The Los Angeles Rams have found their new head coach.

Washington Redskins offensive coordinator Sean McVay will be named the Rams' new head coach, the team confirmed Thursday afternoon.

McVay broke into the NFL coaching ranks in 2008 as the Buccaneers' assistant wide receivers coach before joining the Redskins as an assistant tight ends coach in 2010. He became Washington's offensive coordinator in 2014.

Bills should have waited for Cable. I think McDermott is decent but Tom Cable is imo, the best HC candidate out there and his offensive scheme would likely fit that team like a glove.

After Cable I think Patricia is the best HC candidate. If i'm the Rams I give him whatever he wants. With him there they should have one of the best defenses in the league fast. I know people are clamoring for an offensive guy for Goff, but a good defense and a running game can do wonders to help a young QB.

Kyle Shannahan would be good too. His track record with QB's is impressive, but I'd still prefer Patricia. Even if Goff sucks I think he can make them competitive in short order.

Josh McDaniels is a guy I would hire for the Chargers. Rivers would immediately be able to run that offense and they have a lot of pieces around him to make it work and you don't have to worry about him trying to blow the team up like in Denver.

As for the 9ers... man they're such a mess right now I wouldn't want to touch them with a 10 ft poll. They're in Browns territory. It will take a hell of a coach and GM for fix that dumpster fire.

Edited by seanbrock

Mcvay is 30. How much coaching experience could this dude possibly have. This is gonna be an epic fail of a hire.