Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Favre gon be sitting at his computer while Muslims are being rounded up in concentration camps and Breitbart News is the only thing allowed to report on the WH all like, "Meh. This is more like dictator-lite. Wake me up when he starts shooting people in the middle of Times Square."

In other news, and more indication of this President's asinine beliefs, the Department of Homeland Security released an intel assessment- that the President had asked them to do- on his travel ban. Their findings were the country of origin is not a reliable indicator of danger, that over the past six years, individuals "inspired" to commit terrorist acts in the US came from 26 different countries, and that therefore the travel ban on those seven countries likely would not stop an attack.

So of course Trump and the WH dismissed the report as "politically motivated" and said that this was not the assessment the WH asked for.

Edited by Thanatos

I am going to preface this with the assurance that I really dont care for trump, politics, or much else for that matter. I will say though putting your hatred from Trump aside, isn't it about time someone started smacking the media up a bit ? I mean honestly I think the only profession that is more loathsome and dishonest is that of a mainstream media reporter.

They are some of the most vile, wretched, and lying pieces of shit the world hosts at the moment. Look at Breitbart you have Milo who uses his gay card so he can say terrible shit about gay people, but "It's ok he is gay" What about that wonderful cunt Rachael Maddow, if you are white and a dude the answer is to get rid of you regardless of the question. Then you have Van Jones pansy ass crying on national TV about some bullshit "White Lash", when in reality it was the arrogance of the Democrats that was their undoing, when Hillary Clinton is your best candidate you deserve to lose. I mean just turn on the news of any channel and you are going to find slanted narratives, shitty investigation, loose morals, and an unrelenting cringy feeling.

With all of that said I for one would not mind to see news media go away for a while, not permanently, but until they figured out how to do their job, or what their role actually is. Since that will never happen and could potentially be bad if it does, i will settle for the truth from Donald Trump of all people. He is right the media is a sham, and they are absolutely worthless at what they do. I have an immense capacity for hatred and these people leave me at a loss for words for how viable and despicable they are.

Here is the news. "Black guy shoots his dealer, and then is shot by a Hispanic cop" -->The media spin..."BREAKING NEWS....White People are racist" That would be the lefts version. The rights version would be "Black man is incapable of intelligent thought so they must resort to subhuman means conflict resolution." And then there is what actually happened. which is "People were smoking weed outside of a gas station where I get gasoline"

The news outlets in this country is just as shameful , slanted, and vile as any presidential candidate. If you want news watch other countries news outlets. I prefer the BBC, but I will be goddamned if someone ever catches me watching news from an American outlet.

You say isnt it time someone started calling out the media as if Trump is doing a good thing, and then your first example is Breitbart News, a organization who he is specifically not calling out because his chief advisor used to be their editor in chief, (Bannon).

You're gonna get your news from Trump over the media? I will grant you the media is far from perfect, but the vast majority of them are not intentionally lying when they cover things. The issue with the media is the perceived need for speed over accuracy. You have to break the story first, and so perhaps you dont quite do your due diligence checking its authenticity before publishing it.

You're also generalizing an entire mass of individuals with one broad stroke. The media "go away for awhile?" Now? Of all times? When we have a lying shithead for a president who lies with every other word out of his mouth? And then dismisses anything against him as fake news?

You can't attack the media for dishonesty and then turn around and say you will settle for the truth from Donald Trump.

You don't solve the problem in the US news by labeling all of them with the same brush as Milo Yiannapolis or other scum like him. Any organization composed of a large group of people will have people inside the organization that are scum sucking morons, there just to make a buck. It doesn't mean the media as a whole is like that.

BBC was also one of the organizations targeted by Trump's "non-invite" as he's calling it.

Remember when you're talking about the media being dishonest, that 70% of the timeTrump makes a statement, he is either partially or completely lying. This is not the guy you want as your champion against the news.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

You say isnt it time someone started calling out the media as if Trump is doing a good thing, and then your first example is Breitbart News, a organization who he is specifically not calling out because his chief advisor used to be their editor in chief, (Bannon).

You're gonna get your news from Trump over the media? I will grant you the media is far from perfect, but the vast majority of them are not intentionally lying when they cover things. The issue with the media is the perceived need for speed over accuracy. You have to break the story first, and so perhaps you dont quite do your due diligence checking its authenticity before publishing it.

You're also generalizing an entire mass of individuals with one broad stroke. The media "go away for awhile?" Now? Of all times? When we have a lying shithead for a president who lies with every other word out of his mouth? And then dismisses anything against him as fake news?

You can't attack the media for dishonesty and then turn around and say you will settle for the truth from Donald Trump.

You don't solve the problem in the US news by labeling all of them with the same brush as Milo Yiannapolis or other scum like him. Any organization composed of a large group of people will have people inside the organization that are scum sucking morons, there just to make a buck. It doesn't mean the media as a whole is like that.

BBC was also one of the organizations targeted by Trump's "non-invite" as he's calling it.

Remember when you're talking about the media being dishonest, that 70% of the timeTrump makes a statement, he is either partially or completely lying. This is not the guy you want as your champion against the news.

Oh I most certainly agree with the sentiment that we should not be trusting Donald Trump on anything that he says, the man has a track record of lying, and the trying to cover the lie with more lies, so yes I am with you there. I will say though I prefer trump to the media for one reason.

It is not that I think Trump is more honest, in fact he and Hillary may be the only two entities that lie more than the news. They both do the whole, I can lie faster than you can prove me wrong. The reason though is that most people even his supporters know that you cannot trust the guy so you will never make decisions based on information you get from him. Where as the news operates under this guise of being credible and that you can listen to what they have to say and to some degree take it at face value which is almost never true.

The only thing you said that I disagree with is that for the most part they are not corrupt. I think that the media is almost always dealing in corruption when reporting on things of substance. There is too much money to be made from towing the party line it is why Fox aligns right, and CNN aligns left, which compromises both of them as credible news outlets, they will never be unbiased when reporting "facts." I think the overwhelming majority of the media is not to be trusted.

As to trump not allowing them in, This is really just two children fighting over whose fault it is they dont get along. They are both stupid, childish, and completely unreliable in giving an unbiased assessment in what transpired to get us to this point, I am just glad that someone will finally call the media trash, I am tired of the media trying to bully people and get away with it. It is just sad that Donald Trump is the guy

Edited by Ngata_Chance

I disagree that even most of his supporters know you can't trust the guy.

78% of Republicans trust Trump more than the media, compared to 13% of republicans who trust the media more than Trump. That's what is scary. The vast majority of his supporters do in fact trust the guy. Despite how many times he lies, how many times he blatantly skews the facts. They're completely brain-washed, they remind me of my best friend's girlfriend who got taken in by a cult.

You can't argue with these people. There's no debating. Whatever Trump does, they will find a way to justify it.

And despite what some people would have you believe, that is EXACTLY how dictatorships are started.

Also, I disagree that Trump is calling out the media for anything like what you're suggesting. The only thing he cares about is himself. He only calls them out for fake news when it benefits him. He's not attacking Fox or Breitbart or right wing organizations like that. He only goes after people who report facts that he doesn't like.

So he's not really calling out the whole media, just those that aren't on his side. Which is how a state media gets started, too, while we're at it.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 2

I disagree that even most of his supporters know you can't trust the guy.

78% of Republicans trust Trump more than the media, compared to 13% of republicans who trust the media more than Trump. That's what is scary. The vast majority of his supporters do in fact trust the guy. Despite how many times he lies, how many times he blatantly skews the facts. They're completely brain-washed, they remind me of my best friend's girlfriend who got taken in by a cult.

You can't argue with these people. There's no debating. Whatever Trump does, they will find a way to justify it.

And despite what some people would have you believe, that is EXACTLY how dictatorships are started.

Also, I disagree that Trump is calling out the media for anything like what you're suggesting. The only thing he cares about is himself. He only calls them out for fake news when it benefits him. He's not attacking Fox or Breitbart or right wing organizations like that. He only goes after people who report facts that he doesn't like.

So he's not really calling out the whole media, just those that aren't on his side. Which is how a state media gets started, too, while we're at it.

Well played sir, I guess I gave the American electorate and populace too much credit. I find it truly unfathomable that such a large percentage of a demographic find him that believable....Holy shit.

As to the media, I could not care less why they are getting called out, I just want someone to publicly acknowledge that the media in this country is the most inflammatory and incendiary medium we have. I understand the sentiment that Trump has no room to do so, but damn at least he does it, even if it is only those who oppose him. It is time we really take a hard look at the shit the media is allowed to get away with.

• Upvote 1

Favre gon be sitting at his computer while Muslims are being rounded up in concentration camps and Breitbart News is the only thing allowed to report on the WH all like, "Meh. This is more like dictator-lite. Wake me up when he starts shooting people in the middle of Times Square."

In other news, and more indication of this President's asinine beliefs, the Department of Homeland Security released an intel assessment- that the President had asked them to do- on his travel ban. Their findings were the country of origin is not a reliable indicator of danger, that over the past six years, individuals "inspired" to commit terrorist acts in the US came from 26 different countries, and that therefore the travel ban on those seven countries likely would not stop an attack.

So of course Trump and the WH dismissed the report as "politically motivated" and said that this was not the assessment the WH asked for.

Idk why you have to be so flippant and disrespectful. Does " Calling it as you see it " just give you license to demean others?

I think it comes down to perspective. We've had many Presidents in the past showcase dictator-like traits or actions. Do I like em' ? Nope. And we should totally speak out against it. But what we're talking about in this instance? The necessary outlets are already acting on it.

Also, of course the WH doesn't like finding that don't agree with them. Maybe they'll just issue a travel ban for all 26 countries, lol.

Lmao Favre. That was more of a joke- I hope that should people begin to be rounded up and taken to camps, you would acknowledge that fact- but you taking offense at someone mocking your positions is the height of hypocrisy, at least as far as politics go. Pot, meet kettle.

You constantly take people's views and push them to an extreme end, and then rebut *that* argument instead of their actual argument.

For example, no one is saying Trump is a dictator right now. But he is doing a lot of things that other dictators have done in the past, and no, this is not business as usual, and no, all Presidents did not pull the amount of shit he is trying to pull. So yes, I am well and truly concerned about it, but you seem to be saying we should act like its all hunky dory because (some) of the media is calling him on this one.

If they issued a ban on all 26 countries, at least they'd be logically consistent in their own worldview. They won't, though, because one of the countries is Saudi Arabia, and Trump has too many business ties there.

Also, there's a difference between disagreeing with the report and calling it politically motivated. Trump and his ego are so convinced he is right on this that therefore any dissension must be because its politically motivated. He can't even fathom the idea that he is simply wrong, so anyone who disagrees with him must be biased. It's childish. Good people can disagree on solutions to a problem- though in this case, the problem is non-existent- without it being because they are trying to damage the other politically.

Trump is incapable of not taking it personally when someone disagrees with him, and so he responds as if any disagreement is a personal attack.

Edited by Thanatos

Forgetting trump said it, and looking at just the accusation, is it really that far-fetched.

I have no evidence for this so all that I am saying is an assumption, but for about the last 2 years I have felt that Hillary has been the shot-caller in the DNC. When you look at the DNC deciding who was going to be on the ticket Hillary was probably 3rd in votes of people who ACTUALLY wanted her to be the Democratic Candidate.

I felt from just talking to people that people wanted

1.) Bernie Sanders

2.) Elizabeth Warren

3.) Hillary Clinton

It was odd because from the beginning I have never seen a candidate who was so hated from the beginning, but when you look at her past you get it. There was a huge grassroots movement for ol' Bern and people were legitimately upset that he did not get it. Then you had the feminists who demanded it was a woman, and Elizabeth Warren was the better candidate, but she somehow never got a push for face-time, which is odd.

I think that Hillary is every bit as crooked as Trump says, I just think Trump is moreso and he is more overt about his corruption. This election was truly unique in that the Democrats put up the one candidate that had almost as much dirt on her as Trump did, and in the end their arrogance and need for progress at the sake of progress were their undoing.

So when allegations like this are thrown around, they are very believable.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

Today trump said that he shouldn't have to take responsibility for the navy SEAL death despite being the commander in chief.

https://twitter.com/carter_pe/status/836623671267639296

He also said that the anti-Semitic things happening in the US were done by Jews to make anti-Semites look bad.

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/836653660864147456

I kinda want to make that my sig. Whoever did that is a hero. :yep:

padma-lakshmi-wearing-a-bikini-in-miami-Smoking fucking hot and legitimately one of the best politicians in the country.

Jeff Sessions: "I did not have communications with the Russians."

Ron Howard: "But he had."

I saw what one Democrat representative said...

"You even mentioned Kellyanne and that picture on that sofa, I really want to know what was going on there because she really looked kind of familiar in that position there, but dont answer, Richmond said to South Carolina Senator Tim Scott

My question is... why would you ever think saying that would be a good idea? Lol.

I was hoping Sessions was resigning today. Regardless of what he did or didn't do with the Russians, he just has a sleeze aura about him. He makes my skin crawl.

Also, apparently there is a new GOP bill ready to replace Obamacare. Nobody has really seen it unless you are high up in the totem pole, but nobody told Rand Paul that.

He went to see / read the bill. He was told that it is super secret and under heavy guard in a secret location. He ended up finding secret location and the room was locked and being heavily guarded just as they said... he brought his own copier and everything, but they wouldn't let him in.

If you want to talk about a threat to our "Denocracy" ... now that's it.

The House staff he was talking to denied there was such a bill, and said he was at the wrong location anyway. Just more Rand Paul craziness.

Got a source there brother??? /hulk

" The document is being treated a bit like a top-secret surveillance intercept. It is expected to be available to members and staffers on the House Energy and Commerce panel starting Thursday, but only in a dedicated reading room, one Republican lawmaker and a committee aide said. Nobody will be given copies to take with them. "

I am on my phone from work (happening a lot lately, ha). I'll read more into it later