Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

First Responders Refuse to Hold Flag for Browns

I think blots hasn't seen a Lions game in the last few years. Stafford is a legit good QB. Kaep is nowhere near his airspace. Don't be silly. lol

• Upvote 1

I think blots hasn't seen a Lions game in the last few years. Stafford is a legit good QB. Kaep is nowhere near his airspace. Don't be silly. lol

Of any game for that matter. He still thunks it is 2012.

Kaep and Glennon are in the Sam realm

• Upvote 1

Kaep and Glennon are in the Sam realm

And why bother when you draft Mitch?

Because maybe they feel like he's not ready yet? I don't know I'm not bears management lol.

I mean this with all the love in the world, blots.

You're an idiot.

There's a lot more to this than just "Kaep is better than the QB for *insert team name here* and therefore they should immediately bring him in and pay him millions of dollars."

Let's go through these, one at a time, and put this to rest once and for all.

For TL;DRs: Strikethrough is too early to know, underlined are vets who have proven track records, and bolds are not actually starters, or the starter was drafted and is sitting behind them, so I don't know why they were included.

:Rams: Jared Goff. Taken with the 1st overall pick last year. In what universe does it make any sense to bail on the first overall pick after one sub-par year for a mediocre at best starter, have said mediocre starter play for you while still paying your #1 pick, #1 pick money?

:jags: Blake Bortles. The only QB on this entire list who Kaep actually has an argument that he is both better than and there isn't a solid reason not to bring him in. Jags should maybe give him a look, but Coughlin doesn't want him so its unlikely.

:Ravens: Joe Flacco. The Ravens are paying Flacco a lot of money. Man delivered them a SB. Kaep represents, at the absolute best, a very minor upgrade over Flacco, and the Ravens would still be on the hook for Flacco's contract. What's more, they'd have to completely change over their offense, because Kaep can't throw an accurate deep ball to save his life. Doesn't make business sense here.

:Texans: Tom Savage isn't the starter and they just drafted DeShaun Watson. You would far rather see what Watson can do than bring in a known commodity who you know their ceiling.

:Eagles: Carson Wentz. Get the fuck out. Wentz is destroying people. Same category as the Rams as well, as he was the #2 overall pick last year. Yup, let's move on from the #2 overall after one good year and a couple of great games for a mediocre starter, and thus stunt Carson's development as a QB with a far higher ceiling than Kaep. That makes tons of sense.

:Bears: Mike Glennon. Is currently the starter, but they already drafted his replacement. Mitch Trubisky is waiting in the wings, and the Bears are on the hook for Glennon's 17 mil regardless. Why spend more money on another backup in a year where they are most certainly not a SB threat? If you're claiming they should have gone after Kaep instead, Kaep was coming off a pair of bad to horrible years, and so they decided instead to roll the dice on Glennon, who had looked decent in TB, and was overall mostly an unknown. Unless they were under the delusion that they were going to the playoffs this year, this makes perfect sense.

:49ers: Brian Hoyer. The Niners let Kaep go in the first place. They don't like what he does to the locker room, and they're not going to bring him back. He looked awful for them last year as well, so its not like he's going to win many more games with them. He may indeed be better than Hoyer, but again, merely because he's a marginal upgrade does not justify the downside.

:Bengals: Andy Dalton. Dalton might be marginally worse than Kaep. Or he could be going through a minor slump due to having all of his weapons save for AJ Green being ripped away from him. Does Kaep represent not only an upgrade, but enough of one to justify benching Andy, paying him starter money, and having Kaep come in to start instead? I don't see it.

:Broncos: Trevor Siemen. Makes no sense at all. First off, they already have Paxton Lynch. Second off, Siemen has been looking pretty good to start the year. Why get yet another backup when they already have Lynch and Osweiler- who may suck ass, but he knows the system and looked decent in it when they had to start him.

:Lions: Matthew Stafford. You're on crack if you think Kaep is better than Stafford. Full stop.

:Colts: Jacoby Brissett. It is possible that Kaep is better than Brissett, but A) Brissett is cheaper, and B) he's only played like four games. Regardless, Colts are certainly not contenders this year, and Luck is your long-term starter. Why bring in an expensive backup when you can get a young guy for cheap that is only marginally worse than Kaep?

Well fuck me, I had a nice long point by point response going and then I hit backspace which exited me out of the page. A bit less thorough but meh.

1) The texans went into the season with Savage as their starter. They said 100% Watson needed time to develop. Savage was going to start. Savage was trash (as expected) and he was benched. So Watson is being thrown in before he should (according to the coaches). If they had a better starter, Watson could've gotten the time he needed. Also, why doesn't "conflicting play style" come into account here? If Watson is a "runner" shouldn't you tailor the offense around that and get a veteran QB who has a relatively similar skillset?

2) Flacco is trash who has done nothing in the last 5 years. If one hold is properly called in a game 5 years ago, hes no longer a Super Bowl champ and Kaep is. Would that really change your perception that much?

3) The Jags signed Nassib today. lol

4) Kaep was a free agent at the same time as Glennon and definitely could've been had for much cheaper than 17 million. Glennon couldn't even get on the field in the past two years and the year before he was on literally the worst team in football. What promise was shown there? Yeah the entire team was bad, but you're punishing Kaep for that, so why not Glennon?

5) His 49ers teammates like him. His coach liked him. Spare me any talk of the locker room.

6) Dalton had a great supporting cast for years. Now his is ripped away and hes playing like shit. Why is that different than what happened to Kaep (other than Kaep not playing nearly as bad as Dalton has)?

7) Paxton Lynch has been written off. If you cant start after 2 years in the NFL as a first round pick, you're done. Siemean was the difference between the Broncos being a Super Bowl contender and not a playoff team at all. Osweiller has never played in this Broncos system. McCoy was his offensive coordinator his rookie year, but Osweiller didn't play. He's had 3 different OCs since then (and not played well in any of their systems).

8) Stafford has had a great supporting cast and is in an easy offense. That being said, I think they're fairly close so I won't fight you too hard on this. Stafford might surprise me, yet.

9) Brisset: Wait, wasn't learning the system important? Why is it not important now? How can a man who has spent lots of time in the system play so much worse than someone who has been there for less than 3 weeks. Isn't knowing the system crucial? HOW CAN HE PLAY KINDA OK-ISH WITHOUT KNOWING THE SYSTEM!!!

Incidentally, no one knows how much money Kaep is asking for. The closest thing we've heard is Pete Carroll saying money wasn't the issue with him.

I won't argue the 2nd year guys since yeah, the teams are committed.

Also, heres one that bothers me again:

Cutler. He was retired. No one asked if he wanted to play. Even though he's basically said he didn't and just wanted the paycheck. He got 10 million dollars. He is also worse than Kaep.

And again, we all agree he is better than basically every backup in the league. So how can him being out of the league be because of his football abilities?

The NFL has already blocked your shit cherry.

Nevermind, the NFL just fucking hates hotlinking.

Edited by RazorStar
  • Upvote 2

Get your shitty melting ice cap internet connection out of here, Razor.

Well fuck me, I had a nice long point by point response going and then I hit backspace which exited me out of the page. A bit less thorough but meh.

1) The texans went into the season with Savage as their starter. They said 100% Watson needed time to develop. Savage was going to start. Savage was trash (as expected) and he was benched. So Watson is being thrown in before he should (according to the coaches). If they had a better starter, Watson could've gotten the time he needed. Also, why doesn't "conflicting play style" come into account here? If Watson is a "runner" shouldn't you tailor the offense around that and get a veteran QB who has a relatively similar skillset?

2) Flacco is trash who has done nothing in the last 5 years. If one hold is properly called in a game 5 years ago, hes no longer a Super Bowl champ and Kaep is. Would that really change your perception that much?

4) Kaep was a free agent at the same time as Glennon and definitely could've been had for much cheaper than 17 million. Glennon couldn't even get on the field in the past two years and the year before he was on literally the worst team in football. What promise was shown there? Yeah the entire team was bad, but you're punishing Kaep for that, so why not Glennon?

5) His 49ers teammates like him. His coach liked him. Spare me any talk of the locker room.

6) Dalton had a great supporting cast for years. Now his is ripped away and hes playing like shit. Why is that different than what happened to Kaep (other than Kaep not playing nearly as bad as Dalton has)?

7) Paxton Lynch has been written off. If you cant start after 2 years in the NFL as a first round pick, you're done. Siemean was the difference between the Broncos being a Super Bowl contender and not a playoff team at all. Osweiller has never played in this Broncos system. McCoy was his offensive coordinator his rookie year, but Osweiller didn't play. He's had 3 different OCs since then (and not played well in any of their systems).

8) Stafford has had a great supporting cast and is in an easy offense. That being said, I think they're fairly close so I won't fight you too hard on this. Stafford might surprise me, yet.

9) Brisset: Wait, wasn't learning the system important? Why is it not important now? How can a man who has spent lots of time in the system play so much worse than someone who has been there for less than 3 weeks. Isn't knowing the system crucial? HOW CAN HE PLAY KINDA OK-ISH WITHOUT KNOWING THE SYSTEM!!!

Incidentally, no one knows how much money Kaep is asking for. The closest thing we've heard is Pete Carroll saying money wasn't the issue with him.

Cutler. He was retired. No one asked if he wanted to play. Even though he's basically said he didn't and just wanted the paycheck. He got 10 million dollars. He is also worse than Kaep.

And again, we all agree he is better than basically every backup in the league. So how can him being out of the league be because of his football abilities?

Nobody is arguing he isn't being blackballed. What we are saying is he does not have the talent to cancel out the bullshit that comes with him. I would take a few backups over him, but I would take him over a couple starterz on pure TALENT. That said nobody in the league is more radioactive as he is.

• Upvote 1

How is he radioactive? His coaches and teammates seemed to love him.

How is he radioactive? His coaches and teammates seemed to love him.

This isnt serious is it ?

This isnt serious is it ?

Then you didn't read my earlier post.

You're still saying he's as good as Stafford. You must enjoy being wrong.

• Upvote 1

Then you didn't read my earlier post.

It really is this simple, the teammates and his coaches dont pay the light bill.

It really is this simple, the teammates and his coaches dont pay the light bill.

Ok, so it has nothing to to with his skills as a football player or ability to help a team win games. Please let favre know this since this is the quote that prompted all of this.

Elite backup? The guy that Blaine Gabbert beat out? I mean, let's get real here. If he had a modicum of football talent to give to a team, I think they could overlook some of the downside. Fact is, he really doesn't. The negative publicity far far far outweighs whatever it is he brings to the field.

1) Because teams never ever lie about their starter when they just drafted a young guy fully intending to start him ASAP. There's no other possible explanation other than fuck Kaep.

2) The point is, the Ravens owe him a LOT of money. Why bring in a dude, pay him 6mil-ish to start, when he's a very minor upgrade, at best, over Flacco. The fact that his gf called them racist and he didn't disavow it also plays into Baltimore's disinterest.

3)I already said the Jags could take a look at him, but Coughlin has decided he isn't worth it.

4)Glennon was behind Jameis Winston, ofc he couldn't get on the field. The little he did, he showed promise. Kaep is a known commodity now, right or wrong, NFL owners much prefer to roll the dice on an unknown than get a mediocre known commodity. Makes sense to me.

5)The owner of the team does not like him. His coach was fired. His teammates that were there are basically gone, they have a completely new HC. It'd be career suicide for Shanahan to hitch his wagon to Kaep when Kaep isn't going to get you anywhere close to a SB. Why would he bring back Kaep? To get a couple more wins, arguably? Why? This hurts your draft position.

6) Dalton had a couple of weapons and an O-line. Running game has been average.

Regardless, you bring Kaep in, you still have the same team with no weapons. Why would Kaep do enough to make Cincy contenders? He wouldn't. Football is a money game too, blots, something you seem to completely overlook here. If you're gonna pay someone millions of dollars, (last I heard he wanted 6mil/year), to get you from 5-11 to 7-9, what's the damn point? Might as well take the 5-11, get better draft positioning and try to set yourself up to find a real QB to lead your team.

7) Sieman is destroying after 2 weeks. Abandoning him now makes no sense. Kaep is a weak QB who is a known commodity and the Broncos already have two backup QBs. You want them to cut their first round pick after two years? You want Elway to admit he's wrong that quickly? Not likely. Again, nothing to do with Kaep's politics.

8) There is absolutely no point arguing this one with you. Matthew Stafford is lightyears ahead of Kaep, its not even remotely close. If you truly think they are, I question your football IQ.

9) You're talking about Jim Irsay here, remember? The dude is half-nuts. He probably saw Brissett play a couple games and tear it up last year and thought he had genuine talent. And again, cheaper than what Kaep is asking for, last we knew.

It's a complex, multi-faceted equation as to why Kaep doesn't have a job.

A) He's a mediocre starting QB.

B) He's a political hotrod, destined to bring the media with him as well as a bunch of rednecks trying to boycott your club. Kinda like Tebow here.

C) He's a veteran QB, which automatically makes him more expensive than most rookies, especially because he himself does not think he's a mediocre QB.

Edited by Thanatos

Ok, so it has nothing to to with his skills as a football player or ability to help a team win games. Please let favre know this since this is the quote that prompted all of this.

Favre said the truest thing in this thread though. The fact is he has talent. The other fact is it does not outweigh the bullshit that comes with him to an owner.

Favre said he doesn't have "a modicum of football talent." That reads pretty clearly to me.

Every HC Kaep has ever played for in the NFL said he wasn't a distraction. Now that Torry Smith is on the Eagles he said Kaep is not a distraction. I haven't seen even any anonymous sources that say the guy is a dick in the locker room.

6) Dalton had a couple of weapons and an O-line. Running game has been average.

Regardless, you bring Kaep in, you still have the same team with no weapons. Why would Kaep do enough to make Cincy contenders? He wouldn't. Football is a money game too, blots, something you seem to completely overlook here. If you're gonna pay someone millions of dollars, (last I heard he wanted 6mil/year), to get you from 5-11 to 7-9, what's the damn point? Might as well take the 5-11, get better draft positioning and try to set yourself up to find a real QB to lead your team.

I'd actually take Kaep over Andy based on what we've seen through 2 weeks, at least on Cincy. A lot of those rollout passes that you see Kaep do would be the best odds of giving a QB adequate time to throw in Cincy, given how bad the line is. Kaepernick is a better QB than Andy when it comes to throwing off of an uneven platform, and he's a much better scrambler. Andy has been a complete mess because he just doesn't have time in the pocket, but he doesn't have the natural athletic gifts to be effective with moving pockets. Losing Zeitler and Whitworth murdered Dalton's hopes of being an effective QB.

Favre said he doesn't have "a modicum of football talent." That reads pretty clearly to me.

Well I mean I guess it depends on what you consider desirable. Most teams would not think Kaep has a modicum of talent if he does not fit their offense.

Either way you completely neglect the second part where he says the negative publicity would outweigh what he brings to the table, which is apparently true for the owners.

mod·i·cum
[ˈmädəkəm]
NOUN
  1. a small quantity of a particular thing, especially something considered desirable or valuable:

They kinda did...all 32 of them said it.