Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Davante Adams Signs 4 Year, $58M Extension

The NFL's free-agent market will be missing its headliner at wide receiver this coming offseason.

The Green Bay Packers signed Davante Adams to a four-year contract extension worth $58 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday, via a source informed of the situation. Adams will receive $18 million to sign, Rapoport added, with $32 million in the first two years of the deal. The team later confirmed the extension.

Adams' average annual salary of $14.5 million will make him the fourth-highest paid wide receiver, behind Antonio Brown ($17.0 million), DeAndre Hopkins ($16.2 million) and A.J. Green ($15.0 million).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000899923/article/davante-adams-signs-4year-58m-packers-extension

Well. Hot damn.

tenor.gif?itemid=4390625

To pay an average WR that kind of money when Aaron Rodgers can make anyone you throw out there better is silly.

I said it before in the shoutbox, but the Packers need to invest in you know... and actual team and new DC if they ever want to win anything relevant.

Silly deal.

• Downvote 1

Among receivers with at least 100 targets this season, only Kansas City's Tyreek Hill (130.5) has generated a higher passer rating on throws in his direction than Adams' 120.3, per Pro Football Focus.

That's with Brett Hundley -- the worst QB in the league -- throwing to him half the year.

That's with Brett Hundley -- the worst QB in the league -- throwing to him half the year.

Whoopty Doo. Irrelevant Stat.

Maybe if you invested in an offensive line and kept Rodgers healthy.... you wouldn't have to worry about this stat.

Why pay money to a position that is replaceable when you have Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball to you. Get a real running back and lineman and he's just another cog in the wheel instead of an overpaid wrench.

• Downvote 1

Running back isn't an issue of concern, and I don't think Oline is much of one either. It would be nice to get some consistency along the right side though.

You really need to watch the Packers before talking.Just average WR? He's a top 15 WR and is easily our best WR. Go look at the difference when he's out there and when he's not. Take a peek at the Carolina game and how the offense was when Adams went down.

I'm really curious if you even watched the play when Rodgers went down because Barr wasn't a rusher at all in that situation. If you look at 2015, when the entire o-line was healthy, they were one of the best o-lines in the game. Lang left but Evans has been just as good in pass pro. The only questions surrounding the o-line would be the right side as long as Linsely is re-signed. Bulaga is injury prone and entering his final season while Spriggs has been bad. RG is another question mark but if there's something Thompson excels at, it's finding o-linemen in the middle of the draft. Not too concerned about the o-line.

I addressed this earlier in the shoutbox but you couldn't acknowledge shit. The Packers drafted 3 RBs last May and 2 of them have shown promise. How is that not investing in a RB? Should the Packers have given Fat Eddie bunch of money? Would that be investing in a RB?

If you really want to say something about the Packers and spending, mention how they should do something about Cobb, Matthews, or Jordy. Or find another OLB and corner.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Yeah Im not worried about the money or talent or whatever when it comes to Davante. Only thing thing does kind of worry me is his history of concussions now. They are getting more and more frequent and thats kind of scary.

Wouldnt be surprised if some high priced guys are either asked to take a pay cut or get cut. 3 of our 4 highest paid guys arent really living up to those contracts and have eaten tens of millions of dollars. Jordy is one of those and Im somewhat okay with his because hes got a year left and really given a lot to this team. He may still be asked to take a cut though.

The others Cobb and Matthews havent lived up to a fraction of the money theyve gotten. I was so excited when we were able to lock Cobb up when it looked like hed be leaving.... shows how much i know. Hes done almost literally nothing since. And Clays just bad. Better overall this season but a lot of that too is a huge game against the Bucs. Other than that blah.

Don't know much about Adams recent performance but he's always had the physical talent. Just needed consistency. 4/58 is a steep price to pay for a WR who isn't recognized as an elite level player, though.

Well I know Adams and Rodgers have a lot of chemistry and those back shoulder passes so I would say he's definitely an important player to retain. That element in your offense isn't easy to find and even if they did manage to find a player who was over all more talented they might not be able to replace it.

The Packers biggest need is without a doubt staying healthy. Idk if it's the players, the staff, the schedule but something is seriously wrong here. After that the Packers biggest issue is their pass rush. I actually like the Package they designed to get Josh Jones involved. The Nitro package right? They just need some legit pass rushers because their defensive line can stop the run. After that they need corners, plural. They definitely need a new defensive coordinator too and I would argue HC. JD was saying he's worried how Rodgers would do in a new offense but that's crazy to me.

• Upvote 1

Well I know Adams and Rodgers have a lot of chemistry and those back shoulder passes so I would say he's definitely an important player to retain. That element in your offense isn't easy to find and even if they did manage to find a player who was over all more talented they might not be able to replace it.

The Packers biggest need is without a doubt staying healthy. Idk if it's the players, the staff, the schedule but something is seriously wrong here. After that the Packers biggest issue is their pass rush. I actually like the Package they designed to get Josh Jones involved. The Nitro package right? They just need some legit pass rushers because their defensive line can stop the run. After that they need corners, plural. They definitely need a new defensive coordinator too and I would argue HC. JD was saying he's worried how Rodgers would do in a new offense but that's crazy to me.

Its more about his ego and mental state than it is him really struggling. Aaron as it is gets it his way a lot (which is fine). You better believe wed hire some weak pushover coach who is going to let Aaron just do whatever. If we didnt thats where wed run into trouble. An offensive coach that is head strong and wants things his way

Davante Adams is arguably the best WR in the division and if Adam Thielen didn't exist, it'd be a sure thing. Pay the man. Great WRs don't grow on trees

It's money-givin' time.

Packers signed C Corey Linsley to a three-year, $25.5 million extension through 2020.

Linsley was one of the Packers' top priority signings along with Davante Adams, who they re-signed on Friday. Despite Green Bay shelling out a large contract, Linsley is having the worst season of his career, grading as Pro Football Focus' 23rd ranked center. With Linsley and Adams locked up, the Packers may focus their attention on Aaron Rodgers, who has two years left on his deal but is severely underpaid.

Bit pricier than I would have liked for Linsley. $8.5M would put him in the top 5 and I don't think I would consider him a top 5 center at all. Was hoping more for the $6-7M price range. He's solid but not exceptional. With these signings coming now and a potential Rodgers extension, wondering what Thompson or Wolf have up their sleeves. With Adams and Linsley signing now, the Packers can prorate some of the signing bonus into the unused cap space from this season. Still gotta think something will be done with Clay, Cobb, or Jordy though.

Cobb will be a FA.

Bit pricier than I would have liked for Linsley. $8.5M would put him in the top 5 and I don't think I would consider him a top 5 center at all. Was hoping more for the $6-7M price range. He's solid but not exceptional. With these signings coming now and a potential Rodgers extension, wondering what Thompson or Wolf have up their sleeves. With Adams and Linsley signing now, the Packers can prorate some of the signing bonus into the unused cap space from this season. Still gotta think something will be done with Clay, Cobb, or Jordy though.

Linsley would be better with better guards around him. Time for GB to address one guard spot and the RT spot. They ought to take the best Tackle available at their spot in the next draft. Bulaga is a really good player but he's never healthy.

Linsley would be better with better guards around him. Time for GB to address one guard spot and the RT spot. They ought to take the best Tackle available at their spot in the next draft. Bulaga is a really good player but he's never healthy.

Lane Taylor has been good at LG, RG is questionable since Evans is just a stopgap solution. The Packers have too many other needs to justify taking a RT in the first couple rounds. Also took Spriggs in the 2nd just 2 drafts ago, rather try finding a guy in the middle rounds and let him compete against Spriggs and Murphy to see who takes Bulaga's spot.

how in the hell is Jordy Nelson not the best WR on the Packers? You people are disappointing.

how in the hell is Jordy Nelson not the best WR on the Packers? You people are disappointing.

I haven't watched many Packers games, but from fantasy I can tell you that his numbers took a nose dive when Rodgers went down