Aussie Falcons Fan

What are you reading???

My German textbook. Have a speech tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Gardens of the Moon - Steven Erikson

Currently rereading this. Hopefully I can read the whole series now instead of only making it through the first book.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson

Girlfriend bought me the book because I had mentioned wanting to read the series before seeing the movies. Pretty good so far.

Just read Tomcat in Love by Tim O'Brien. What a book. Tim O'Brien has the insane ability to make you love and hate his characters at the same time, which makes them feel like real people. Right now, I'm simultaneously reading Thoreau's Walden and Northern Lights by Tim O'Brien.

If you haven't read Tim O'Brien, you must. He is the best American author in the last 20-30 years, in my opinion. I mean, say you like Stephen King...Tim O'Brien uses the pages of It (probably King's best work, as a whole) to wipe his ass.

Kiss The Girls. By James Patterson. Patterson is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors.

Stranger in a Strange Land

I found the completely unedited edition in a thrift store, and it is awesome.

The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway.

Finally decided to read Rich Eisen's book.

Only a little ways into it so far, but it's pretty entertaining.

Almost done reading A Game of Thrones. :party:

The Postcard Killers. By James Patterson

and

Hard Times. By Charles Dickens

Guest Phailadelphia

Just finished reading 13 Bankers. I admittedly only read it because I had to write a paper over it, but it turned out to be a pretty good read. It details the financial sector's role in the economic collapse (as in, they're almost entirely at fault). Interesting stuff.

Just started reading Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin. Very good read through the first three chapters.

Just about to start the Game of Thrones books seeing as I love the tv series so much it makes sense. I didn't realise the books were that big though.

The Serpent's Shadow.

My kid sister got me into these lol.

The Road by Cormac McCarthy. It's very good so far, but I'm not seeing its Pulitzer Prize yet, which is too bad.

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. Now this story has a freakin' plot. Wow. Just wow. Read this book, folks.

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. Now this story has a freakin' plot. Wow. Just wow. Read this book, folks.

I have. Great plot indeed.

I just finished catching up on The Walking Dead comic last night. That was a lot of crazy stuff!

It's almost at issue 100!

Edited by BigBen07

Just re-read the Ender and Bean series by Orson Scott Card.

Also Dexter by Design.

I will recommend a sports book that i have already read--bill walsh building a champion..not a 49ers fan, but that book, especially the chapters in the care and feeding of quaterbacks was eye opening...

as is his explaination of the creation of the west coast offense, and how to run it...

and because of that man. and his visions--the ripple effects of him, invented a defense by design to counteract the quick reads needed for this style--dick lebeaus 3/4 zone blitz scheme was designed to counteract the west coast style....

so even though it was years ago--how many teams runa system built off west coast ideas, or a pure one?..there are many my friend, and all use some concepts at times part time..some teams are 100% in on it.

so it may be about the 49ers, and years ago--but it is still relavent today, all the ideas he brought and the counter ideas sprung up from this one man....

bill walsh may be gone, but his stamp is all over the NFL in some way.great boook...even for non 49er fans.

Deadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson

At the rate this is going, it's going to take me til like 2015 to read the remaining 9 (well, 8 3/4 at this point) books in the series.

Deadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson

You know, some of you reading a Song of Ice and Fire might like this series. It's a little higher fantasy than Martin's stuff, I think, but there's similar content.

Way of The Wolf by E.E Knight

Working on several books right now.

Under the Lake by Stuart Woods. So far, it's mesmerizing.

Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson. This is extremely literary, beyond well written. This guy has some real talent, but it's a very dense novel so I have to take breaks from it with simpler stuff like Woods' novel and the next two on this list.

The Redbreast by Jo Nesbø. An excellent piece of Norwegian Crime Fiction.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling. Doing my annual summer to fall re-read of the only series of books to truly change my life.

it's summer, so I finally actually have some time to read, I finished The Fifth Witness by Michael Connelly (the fourth book in the Lincoln Lawyer series) great courtroom drama, if anyone's interested in courtroom or crime drama Connelly's great, and they're quick reads

right now I'm reading Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith, I'd wanted to read the book for a while and decided to read it before I saw the movie, I'm about halfway through, it's an interesting interpretation of history and absolutely hilarious

Memories of Ice by Steven Erikson

Awesome books are awesome.