GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Spartan, you and me, danceoff right now.

Spartan's a goofy fucker whose opinions are different than that of everyone else, even among the diverse population here at TGP.

Said it before, but GotG is the first great Marvel movie, imo.

My take on Jurassic World:

- It seems pretty obvious that the "hybrid" will probably be a T-Rex and Velociraptor. IMO, the Spinosaurus never reached the levels the T-Rex reached at the height of the franchise, so I don't think they'll return to that at all. I could be wrong, but all signs point to it being a combination of the most cunning and physically daunting predators we've seen in the series.

- Kinda excited to see how Chris Pratt does. I've liked the movies he's been in lately, even if they've been comedies.

- Jurassic Sea World. Let's not ignore the fact that a bridge is going over the body of water enclosing this behemoth of a monster. How the hell would it not destroy the bridge? Not to mention, that area doesn't seem to be able to hold it. Why am I nitpicking? I get the feeling the Liopleurodon (might be wrong on species) is just a "look at these shiny new toys we had to make the movie pretty" ploy. That A) makes me concerned this will be spammed with CGI and B) makes me concerned they might spam CGI to cover up a poor script/plot.

- It looks like the same storyline as the first Jurassic Park, but what can you really do? They kind of stretched the plot as thin as possible with II and III.

It wouldn't be a Jurassic Park movie without other random animal DNA thrown in for good measure.

My take on Jurassic World:

- It seems pretty obvious that the "hybrid" will probably be a T-Rex and Velociraptor. IMO, the Spinosaurus never reached the levels the T-Rex reached at the height of the franchise, so I don't think they'll return to that at all. I could be wrong, but all signs point to it being a combination of the most cunning and physically daunting predators we've seen in the series.

- Kinda excited to see how Chris Pratt does. I've liked the movies he's been in lately, even if they've been comedies.

- Jurassic Sea World. Let's not ignore the fact that a bridge is going over the body of water enclosing this behemoth of a monster. How the hell would it not destroy the bridge? Not to mention, that area doesn't seem to be able to hold it. Why am I nitpicking? I get the feeling the Liopleurodon (might be wrong on species) is just a "look at these shiny new toys we had to make the movie pretty" ploy. That A) makes me concerned this will be spammed with CGI and B) makes me concerned they might spam CGI to cover up a poor script/plot.

- It looks like the same storyline as the first Jurassic Park, but what can you really do? They kind of stretched the plot as thin as possible with II and III.

The trailer gave me a impression of him having an okay performance. I prefer Star Lord Chris Pratt than Jurassic World Chris Pratt.

It wouldn't be a Jurassic Park movie without other random animal DNA thrown in for good measure.

I still wish they would branch out more with the predators. In the first movie, you see Metricanthosaurus in the embryo containment when they're being stolen. That was quite a large predator. The problem I can see is that, as noted with Jurassic Park III, other predators don't quite have the star appeal as the T-Rex. I still think it would be interesting.

Okay, I will take the bait... Why the .2 ?

30 minutes of Jurassic world looks awesome. You know the 30 minutes of huge CG dinosaurs running around fucking shit up. That's all I want to see. Much like transformers, except there was only like 10 minutes of huge robots fucking shit up in those movies.

I'll be happy if we meet in the middle at 20.

Also, I have never ever been a star wars fan. I don't even think I've seen all of them. But the new trailer for that looks pretty too.

Okay, I will take the bait... Why the .2 ?

Just felt right.

That Terminator movie doesn't look particularly good, but I'll see it anyway because it's a Terminator movie. And because Arnold.

Let's Be Cops

I thought it might be funny, but it ended up being a lot more serious and action oriented than the comedy they had shown in the trailer. Predictable and a bit boring, really.

4/10

Transcendence

I'm a little surprised this wasn't more popular. Paul Bettany was great as the lead (wait he wasn't the lead? Shit.) and the tension was good, and definitely not a case of evil A.I. I enjoyed it throughout, it raised some moral questions and didn't give it a simple neat wrapped up in a bow ending. Good stuff.

8/10

Dumb and Dumber To: 8/10

I heard mixed reviews going into it but I really enjoyed it overall. I thought the pretense of the movie was really funny, and it made the end that much better. Lots of good callbacks and all around goofy fun times.

I saw a 4:20 showing of Dumb and Dumber To today. :smug:

It was not as good as the original but I laughed a couple times so meh.

So I just watched the Hobbit I & II......wow I'm late to the party with these (especially given how much I loved the LOTR trilogy).

:ooo: <----------- my face during the entirety of The Desolation of Smaug

P.S. Evangelina Lily = GODDESS (LOST :wub:)

• Upvote 1

I am just going to see it in the theater, worth the money to stick it to the moronic North Korean government.

Elf.

Always need to see this at some point every December. Managed to catch it last night.

Edited by Vin

I think that might be one of the most overrated Christmas movies ever.

A little Home Alone, Christmas Vacation and Christmas with the Kranks.

Was hoping the Santa Clause was on but the 3rd one was lol.

Edited by Bay

I think that might be one of the most overrated Christmas movies ever.

You sit on a throne of lies.

But nah, that designation falls upon The Christmas Story.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4