Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played Metro Last light for about 3 hours today pretty awesome.

• Upvote 1

I'm kinda pissed they completely changed Los Santos. It looks nothing like it did in GTA SA and I loved that map. This map is HUGE, but its filled with empty spaces and buildings you can't enter for some reason.

That is one of my few problems with GTA, tons of buildings that really provide nothing but a visual. Hopefully next gen games give them enough power to give us more to do.

I think this would make the scale way too big. ArmA 3 does this, and it requires enormous amounts of computational power and computer requirements. Consoles will probably never be able to support that, or at the very least not any time soon.

You can't enter most business you buy. I think SA had more enterable buildings.

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey.

Damage Floor... FUCKING PITS! Dungeon Crawling has never been more tedious. =O

I loved Metro Last Light, those games are major sleepers imo, not many have played but they should.

I'm at about 55% in GTA5, trying to hunt down bail bond guys and doing Franklin's assassination/stockmarket missions arm.

You;d be best served saving those lester missions until the end, IMO. Easiest way to make cash in the game.

Been playing GTA 5 and just picked up Final Fantasy 14 the other day to play with a few friends. Only 42% through GTA 5, but it is a great game so far. FF14 is a very unique mmo so far in how you can learn every class/profession on one character and switch between them whenever you want. While it does have some WoW-esque features. So far it has been worth.

I thought GTA's story was actually quite short. IDK, that's just me...

Looking forward to the BF4 Open Beta. That's coming out on Friday, correct?

Guest Phailadelphia

Been playing GTA 5 and just picked up Final Fantasy 14 the other day to play with a few friends. Only 42% through GTA 5, but it is a great game so far. FF14 is a very unique mmo so far in how you can learn every class/profession on one character and switch between them whenever you want. While it does have some WoW-esque features. So far it has been worth.

I wish they would offer a free trial for the game.

replay of red dead

DLed Ascend: Hand of Kul for free on XBL and it's pretty boss. Still in Beta, so it isn't completely fleshed out yet. But i like what is there so far.

Still playing Rift, but mostly raid-logging with some PVP.

I finally finished Into the Pitt on my massive Fallout 3 save that I started when I bought the GOTY edition back in April 2010. Now all I have left is to find the rest of the locations that I haven't and to complete Point Lookout.

replay of red dead

I always end up coming back to that game. I've traded it in and bought it back like 3 times in the past, and finally said fuck it and decided to keep it for good.

League of Legends has me hooked, I even stayed up to watch the live finals at 5 am here. That said I now I am a level 17 and have my favourite character in Wukong. In player matches I am doing well now I am used to him.

I'm liking the BF4 Beta. It's not really revolutionary and the Levolution thing is really overhyped, but it is still fun. They REALLY need to fix vehicle and player physics. Getting stuck on objects that should be easy to pass over/get around is always annoying, and it was a big problem even in BF3.

I realized this while sniping people with a Barrett, but you can no longer reload mid-clip and retain the bullets you didn't lose. If you have 15 bullets left in a mag and reload, you lose those bullets. It's gonna take some time to get used to this...

I realized this while sniping people with a Barrett, but you can no longer reload mid-clip and retain the bullets you didn't lose. If you have 15 bullets left in a mag and reload, you lose those bullets. It's gonna take some time to get used to this...

That's lame. I always like reloading in between shots / kills. It's just natural.

That's lame. I always like reloading in between shots / kills. It's just natural.

It's annoying, but we'll all get used to it. I think it's an effort to force squad play since there is so much reliance on ammo pouches and ammo boxes, but squad play is impossible if you aren't playing with people you know.

It makes it more realistic though which I like.

• Upvote 1

Been playing GTA5 on PS3. I'm a little more than 50% through the storyline. I know I sound like a broken record, but this game is awesome!

Been playing GTA5 on PS3. I'm a little more than 50% through the storyline. I know I sound like a broken record, but this game is awesome!

I'm addicted to the online. I actually think the racing is better than some dedicated racing games.

DC Universe online. Don't have a console atm and video games are last on my list of priorities as far as money is concerned. I like this free game a lot anyway.

anyone getting massive frame-rate issues in bf4....

I'm having tons of lag issues and mechanics issues. Whenever the building is falling or there is an explosion near me, my game lags and if I'm shooting I miss and die or I can't move and jump around a radius of about 10 feet for a few seconds. Also, player/vehicle physics are still pretty awful. It shouldn't be as hard to traverse the wreckage of the skyscraper as it is, but DICE found a way to make it a nuisance. I've died or lost a kill so many times because of an inability to move properly through pieces of rubble no higher than someone's waist.

I'm addicted to the online. I actually think the racing is better than some dedicated racing games.

All people do is wreck you. Basically you want to be the last person or way ahead when you go around turns.

I hardly ran into any bugs in BF4 the first three days that I played it, but I've run into nothing but them since then. Constant lag despite a solid connection to my WiFi, the same bad physics as the last game, and glitches in heavily trafficked areas that really make you scratch your head are preventing me from raving about this game.

I still think Levolution is a cheap advertising ploy and it really just ads in a player-controlled radio antenna (i.e., Caspian Border) that is achieved every round. There are some really neat small things that include but are not limited to: raising spikes on the bridges to prevent vehicles from passing (have to get out to lower them...I wish both sides of a bridge had this so you could coordinate with your squad to trap a tank on the bridge); alarms going off when you pass through metal detectors; closing the gated windows to a car dealership in an objective encompassed by a small, two-story shopping center; and ceiling sprinklers that go off if shit gets serious (obscures vision and makes the screen look like a window with water running down it). I prefer these to the skyscraper's collapse, because I wholeheartedly think DICE/EA used the collapse as an excuse to include almost no destruction. Is it unreasonable to collapse every skyscraper? Of course. Is it unreasonable to be able to blow chunks out of buildings, take out support pillars to take out the face/corner of a building, and retain the rubble to add more complexity to navigating a heavily urbanized environment? Hell. Fucking. No. All people are asking for, with urban maps, is to give us some degree of destruction offered in BC2. You could make a map look like a rolling plain with all the destruction you could enact, and they have completely undersold Frostbite since BC2.

I give this game a 7.5-8/10 right now, mostly because of really stupid issues. Oh, I also forgot that hit registering is still awful. At least, for me. It's ridiculous when I'm shooting at a person point-blank, aiming down my sights, and firing controlled bursts and when I die I see that he has 100 health. I can accept being outgunned when he has <50% health; but when I just saw hit markers on my screen and he has full health, that pisses me off.

Anyway, stupid errors and some recurring problems prevent this game from being great. I'm rare in my indifference towards Levolution, but I still think it's a pretty cheap ploy and a complete waste of any destruction capability we could have.

On a more positive note, I've already adapted to the new ammo system. I really like the XM25. I'm about to unlock the ammo box (ammo pouches SUCK). Snipers aren't weak as shit now, although bullets travel pretty slowly compared to BF3. The weapon pick-ups are great, especially the Barrett. The firefights on top of the skyscraper can be amazing, but the fire fights after the building falls are even better (they are the only plus-side to that aspect of Levolution). I don't know what it is, but something just feels more authentic/different from BF3 in regards to tank vs. tank warfare. The new swimming system is great. They put in a new character-to-character communication system that I enjoy (holding right bumper and using the analog stick allows you to choose a phrase or request, such as "Thank You" or "Need Ammo" or "Attack/Defend this target"). Outside of bad hit registry, I enjoy the weapons on this game more-so than those of BF3. They have great options for customization. They set up buildings nearby elevator-accessed rooftops that allow for perfect sniping positions during different times (i.e., there is a building on the Chinese side that offers a superb view of the skyscraper's remains and Objective B; there is a building on the US side that offers a superb view of the same objective). All you need to do here is parachute from the taller buildings. I thought I would hate lock-on RPGs, but they are quite great.

Edited by Vikingfan465