Vin

The Walking Dead

Considering the creators of the show have confirmed that Lori is indeed dead, Carl shot her in the dome.

Move on.

You don't see Lori get shot, and you don't see Carol die. There is a chance that Carol stumbled upon Lori and stitched her up, far off, I know. But we didn't see Merle die either, and guess what happened.

A guy I know reads the comics and said that they are following the loose path of the comics, but more of the direction that they are headed. People are dying in different ways, and some people are even trading places. For instance, someone else (I don't know who) had their leg chopped off, not Herschel.

How can you say T-Dog's death was worthless. I am pretty sure that he saved Carol. There is nothing so far to suggest that Carol is dead, other than her scarf thing. No body, nothing. He was the only one, I guess other than Lori, who's death did anything for anyone else. Shane showed us that everyone is infected, but that was kind of implied with Randle too. I can't think of anyone that's death was for another person until now.

I loved T-Dog, but I don't think they could have killed him off any better. I mean the way he went out...basically saving Carol's life...it showed the viewers, in one scene, the character that he was.

As far as Lori, that bitch is dead. Carl aka THE BAWSSSS put an end to her. :yep:

Again, IMO, a great episode.

I loved this episode also. The only real disappointment for me is Andrea and Michonne. I don't care about either of them. I love the Governors and Merle characters though.

Also, I dislike Carl, he needs to go.

Lori dies? Oh thank God. Her character is God awful. I think I could talk to every bitter man I know about forming a female character, and all of their opinions and beliefs about women would result in Lori.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Lori dies? Oh thank God. Her character is God awful. I think I could talk to every bitter man I know about forming a female character, and all of their opinions and beliefs about women would result in Lori.

A lot has changed since where you're apparently at in season 2. I'd stop reading this thread til you catch up, to be honest. The show is too good to be spoiled.

• Upvote 2

Lmao. You guys are dildos.

Saving Carol's life is the definition of a worthless death. And, let's not forget that the only thing in between Carol/TDog and the door was TWO walkers. TWO. You could EASILY dodge two walkers when the door is literally less than 5 feet away.

TDog was dead already because he got ligaments ripped out of his shoulder... but that whole thing was WORTHLESS. There was no reason for him to die. If you can elude two walkers, you deserve to get eaten. Carol serves no purpose to the group. She is and has been worthless even before Sophia went missing... The most significant part of her character is always dealing with other people.... Her daughter dies... Her husband is a womanizing ass hole.

Her character is awful. And for TDog (who I neither care for or hate) who is a fan favorite to go out like that is almost trivial.

OI, fan favorite character who fans want to see more out of gets killed because he sacrifices himself for one worthless character who adds nothing to the group.

Ya. That was about as pointless as it gets.

What makes it even more so, is that the timing was HORRENDOUS.

I hate Lori. She was a dumb bitch. Glad she is dead... But there is no doubt that the weight of her death is monumental to the group, to Rick, and everyone moving forward. To kill off TDog with such a high-profile death in the same episode was nothing short of a giant gaffe by the writers. Makes no sense at all.

Also... I felt it was really dumb that this guy we saw for one episode (Andrew) basically caused all of this chaos and resulted in the death of two group members. Such a moronic character shouldn't carry that much weight in the show and who lives or dies. Granted he didn't directly kill Lori... And she probably dies when she gives the baby anyway... but the labor was forced ahead of time because of his actions.

PS:

Will Rick blame himself for Lori and TDoggs death because he trapped Andrew in the courtyard? He should... The only "good" character left in the opinion of a few here just killed off his wife (indirectly). Rick can go die in a fire.

Axel and that other black dude should both be part of the group moving forward, IMO.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Downvote 3

I think that the two prisoners will become a part of the group, especially since the black dude shot Andrew, and saved Rick.

The Governer's doctor dies next week.

Lmao. You guys are dildos.

Saving Carol's life is the definition of a worthless death. And, let's not forget that the only thing in between Carol/TDog and the door was TWO walkers. TWO. You could EASILY dodge two walkers when the door is literally less than 5 feet away.

TDog was dead already because he got ligaments ripped out of his shoulder... but that whole thing was WORTHLESS. There was no reason for him to die. If you can elude two walkers, you deserve to get eaten. Carol serves no purpose to the group. She is and has been worthless even before Sophia went missing... The most significant part of her character is always dealing with other people.... Her daughter dies... Her husband is a womanizing ass hole.

Her character is awful. And for TDog (who I neither care for or hate) who is a fan favorite to go out like that is almost trivial.

OI, fan favorite character who fans want to see more out of gets killed because he sacrifices himself for one worthless character who adds nothing to the group.

Ya. That was about as pointless as it gets.

What makes it even more so, is that the timing was HORRENDOUS.

T-Dog was a dead man walking, and the hallway they were in was a rather slim one. The walkers took up the majority of the space. There was risk of Carol getting hurt. As worthless as you or I may view Carol to be, T-Dog wanted to do something useful with the last moments of his life. It guaranteed her getting out safe.

If anything in regards to T-Dog's death that I'd be pissed about, is the fact that he got bit to begin with. I mean really, not thinking of watching your back? But in a situation like that, I don't guess you're thinking completely clearly.

It's not my favorite moment in the show by any means, but I don't think it was terrible.

I hate Lori. She was a dumb bitch. Glad she is dead... But there is no doubt that the weight of her death is monumental to the group, to Rick, and everyone moving forward. To kill off TDog with such a high-profile death in the same episode was nothing short of a giant gaffe by the writers. Makes no sense at all.

Also... I felt it was really dumb that this guy we saw for one episode (Andrew) basically caused all of this chaos and resulted in the death of two group members. Such a moronic character shouldn't carry that much weight in the show and who lives or dies. Granted he didn't directly kill Lori... And she probably dies when she gives the baby anyway... but the labor was forced ahead of time because of his actions.

I think it just goes off the "anything can happen" situation they're in in that world. T-Dog and the Andrew situation. With Andrew, it goes to show you have to cover every base. If ever encountered with a similar situation again, Rick probably will decide to kill the person himself rather than risk something like this happening again. Rick has changed a lot since season 1, and he's only going to change further after this.

Obviously, with this being a comic/TV Show, things are going to be a little far fetched, but it'll all go towards changing the characters in the future, IMO.

PS:

Will Rick blame himself for Lori and TDoggs death because he trapped Andrew in the courtyard? He should... The only "good" character left in the opinion of a few here just killed off his wife (indirectly). Rick can go die in a fire.

Axel and that other black dude should both be part of the group moving forward, IMO.

Blame himself? Probably to a point, but rather than him showing it in the sense of "pity me", he'll show it in his actions. I have a feeling we're going to see an even more cruel Rick. Rick isn't meant to be a liked character, I don't think. He's developing the necessary evil that a leader in this situation needs to have. What will be interesting is if it drives him to the point of becoming as crazy as the Governor.

The black guy earned his spot in the group by killing the other prisoner. He's "proven" himself to Rick, and I imagine will take over T-Dogg's spot as the 3rd guy alongside Rick/Daryl on the dangerous "missions".

Axel seems about halfway useless, though maybe he'll become their mechanic or some shit, lol.

• Upvote 1

I'm still not certain that Carol or Lori are dead.

I think the show by now has shown us that unless the deaths are actually shown, the characters are more than likely still alive. I would bet that Carol is still alive, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Lori still somehow alive, even though what Mathias said kinda kills that idea.

A guy I know reads the comics and said that they are following the loose path of the comics, but more of the direction that they are headed. People are dying in different ways, and some people are even trading places. For instance, someone else (I don't know who) had their leg chopped off, not Herschel.

Pretty sure that's Dale in the comics.

PS:

Yeah, funny how things work out. Walking Dead seems to have a recurring theme of cause/effect, or action/re-action. Carl and Dale, and now Rick and this whole situation (I'm sure there's probably more that I'm forgetting) Honestly,

I was expecting Andrew to chop off Rick's hand with the axe, but I guess they're going to save that for sometime later

And yeah, I think Rick's going to blame himself, maybe not outwardly, but inwardly, and continue his downward spiral.

Axel seems about halfway useless, though maybe he'll become their mechanic or some shit, lol.

HAHA, I think I already like Axel and the new guy seems pretty cool also. Especially when Axel was trying to be nice and the new black guy was basically calling him a pussy.

Axel was talking about how he could tune up Daryl's back, so you may be on to something there.

The thing that I hate about this show is it leaves me wanting more, and I find myself closer and closer each week to reading spoilers.

I actually like the two new guys. They could be worthless, but should at least be given a chance to show their worth. Every time that douche Rick says "no" , it pisses me off more.

I too loved the episode. Great stuff. Very emotional. That scene with Carol and Carl got to me. *tear*

Also, I understand T-Dog was a 'fan-favorite' and yeah, I thought he was cool but c'mon now...he wasn't a main character and was more than expendable. The show loses nothing but a few morons saying "ahh, this show blows now that T-Dog is dead!" from killing him.

Move along.

I'm caught up now, and won't deny that I'm exceptionally frustrated by the rate at which characters are being killed off, and it's because they do stupid shit. Dale wandering off alone (something I don't believe his character would do), Shane having to die because he's dangerous to Rick after he tried his damndest to get Rick out of the hospital (come on, the guy clearly cared about Rick; I don't care how much of a loose cannon he was), TDogg just dying randomly and in an effort to save a character that has been given no depth (partially because of how she actually is in the comics, I suppose), not to mention everyone in Herschel's family that died as they escaped the farm. There is so much potential here, and they'd rather kill off loosely developed characters before we can have any emotional attachment to them? That irritates me. Dale and Shane's deaths are the only ones that really hit me.

Lori dying...well, I hate the bitch, but it's almost like they're trying to put too much on Rick and Carl, and Carl is already the most ridiculous character in the group. He's acting like a grown man when he can't be more than ten or twelve. I understand he has to grow up fast, but his actions alone can dictate that, and even some of his dialogue is far too grown up. "You want to race, Herschel?" No young kid is going to think of that joke.

This show needs to refrain from killing off any more vital characters, at least for awhile. I'd like to assume that Rick, Daryl, Glenn and Maggie, and Herschel are safe for the time being, and probably for awhile to come.

Anybody else kind of wish Andrea would have been one of the characters to die? She's as much of dumb bitch as Lori was. She makes absolutely no sense.

• Upvote 1

I am sick of Andrea and the midnight ninja. I like the idea of the Governor and of course Merle, but the plot on that end is going way too slow. How many weeks do I have to wait to hear that they're staying in the town and the nightmare can begin? I understand not putting that and what happened in the prison in the same episode but damn, even Merle is boring right now.

The biggest scene was easily Lori having the baby. I didn't know if I should throw up or cry. It had me glued. Carl has finally stepped up and the directors did a great job with the flashbacks to build him up as an upcoming hero. With everything that's spiraling Rick's life into the ground, maybe he'll actually rise in the favorite rankings. With that said, I want more time for Daryl. He's just running in the background most of the time. If he dies, THAT'S when I'll be pissed (much like some with T-Dog).

Speaking of the T-Dog situation..

I just started watching this show Monday. I'm about halfway through season 2 now. I thought the first 3 episodes of season 1 were fucking epic, but season 2 is really dragging for me. They've been at this farm for forever and they spent way too long looking for Sofia. I know all you guys are way ahead of me but that's just my thoughts. :)

Andrea's supposed to be this awesome character (at least she's supposed to be in the comics.), but I get the feeling she's going to get a lot more annoying (The whole "The group left me behind" thing. I didn't realize she had the potential to be more annoying, but apparently it's happening) before things get better, especially since someone has to take over the annoying female role now that Lori is "dead."

• Upvote 1

I found season two to be exceptional because they focused less on the Walkers and more on the relationships between the characters. I adored the farm, and though I don't anticipate it, I hope to see them at some point return to it. There was this underlying hope to it.

The only disappointing part of the farm is that they never completely secured it, which seemed absurd to me. I figured they'd at least block in a section of it. I understand why they didn't, but there really was no reasoning behind how unsecured it really was.

Andrea's gonna get stuffed by the gov and merle soon. Wonder if Lori will come back as zombie or not. They have a zombie picture of her floating around

Andrea's gonna get stuffed by the gov and merle soon. Wonder if Lori will come back as zombie or not. They have a zombie picture of her floating around

Why the fuck is she alive? She condemned herself the instant she put a gun on Rick early in the first season. I fucking hate this cunt. She's not as interesting as they want her to be, and this whole female ninja bullshit thing. I don't care if it's loyal to the comic, it's cheesy and boring. The actress is asked to be mopey and boring, so what does she add to the story? Nothing. The "midnight ninja" or whatever the fuck they're calling her is unnecessary and boring. Fuck.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Pretty sure that's Dale in the comics.

No. Dale lives for a long long time, with no missing body parts in the comics. It was a tertiary character in the comics, named Allan, that doesn't appear in the show. He never recovered from his bite and subsequent maiming and its not real clear which it was that killed him.

The "midnight ninja" or whatever the fuck they're calling her is unnecessary and boring. Fuck.

I just made that up because (1) I don't know her name and (2) I don't care to know her name. :p

Well thank God... All of those ridiculous "LORI IS STILL ALIVE" rumors can end... Hahahahaha.

• Upvote 1

lol

Good episode tonight. Nothing more.

No. Dale lives for a long long time, with no missing body parts in the comics. It was a tertiary character in the comics, named Allan, that doesn't appear in the show. He never recovered from his bite and subsequent maiming and its not real clear which it was that killed him.

It seems my sources are wrong then.

I really, really, really dislike Michonne. She's very close to being added to the "forever hated" list of characters.