RANGA

TGP's Top 10 NFL Quarterbacks

ESPN's lists are sucky, and here at TGP we like to get things right. So without any further ado, post your Top 10 lists here. At the end of voting, points will be collated as follows, to make the ultimate mega-list:

1. 12pts

2. 10pts

3. 8pts

4. 7pts

5. 6pts

6. 5pts

7. 4pts

8. 3pts

9. 2pts

10. 1pt

Comments/justifications with your choices are appreciated, as this will be going up on the front page once done, and the best comments will be featured.

Per running the Best Player in the NFL topic, we had 10 QB's make the Top 128. Currently there are 5 in the top 32 still there.

Tom Brady

Ben Roethlisberger

Peyton Manning

Matt Schaub

Philip Rivers

Tony Romo

Aaron Rodgers

Drew Brees

Josh Freeman

Matt Ryan

I imagine the final list will be something like that. I'll put my list up after I put the next round of said tournament up.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Aaron Rodgers

5. Ben Roethlisberger

6. Philip Rivers

7. Matt Schaub

8. Matt Ryan

9. Tony Romo

10. Josh Freeman

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Philip Rivers

3. Drew Brees

4. Tom Brady

5. Ben Roethlisberger

6. Peyton Manning

7. Matt Schaub

8. Tony Romo

9. Matt Ryan

10. Joe Flacco

--

11. Josh Freeman

Guest Durant4MVP

1. Tom Brady

2. Drew Brees

3. Aaron Rodgers

4. Phillip Rivers

5. Peyton Manning

6. Tony Romo

7. Ben Roethlisberger

8. Matt Ryan

9. Matt Schaub

10. Josh Freeman

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Phillip Rivers

4. Drew Brees

5. Aaron Rogers

6. Matt Ryan

1. Mark Sanchez Tom Brady

-Despite that playoff choke, Brady had a hell of a season. He's had some issues in recent years during the playoffs, but he's been able to put up great regular season stats. Since Peyton has basically been doing the same thing for years and held down the consensus top spot, I believe Brady has just replaced Peyton as the "regular season warrior" of the NFL, and therefore #1.

2. Aaron Rodgers

-An argument could be made for Peyton Manning here, but I believe that in the year 2011, Rodgers is superior. He puts up good stats, and does something that Manning can't: perform in the clutch.

3. Peyton Manning

-Maybe last year was just an off year and Peyton will be back to form, but it looks to me right now like his career is on the decline. It really shows just how good he is that he's still the third best in the league at his position when he's getting worse by the second.

4. Drew Brees

-He would have been #2 or 3 if he didn't become an interception machine in 2010. Again, it may have just been an off-year, but as it stands now, he doesn't seem to be the same QB he was in 2009. Injuries played a part for sure, but that doesn't change my rank for him.

5. Philip Rivers

-Rivers and Ryan are like little Tom Bradys. They can't win in the postseason, but they put up good stats in the regular season. Ryan is more clutch than Rivers (during the regular season, that is), but Rivers's stats blow Ryan's away.

6. Matt Ryan

-See #5 for my explanation.

7. Ben Roethlisberger

-His stats aren't anything flashy, but he knows how to win at all points during the season.

8. Joe Flacco

-Nobody talks about Flacco, and there's a reason for that: he's only good enough to get the job done. He doesn't make too many mistakes, which keeps him in the top 10.

9. Josh Freeman

-He had a pretty good season in 2010 where he showed some good (although sometimes inconsistent) skills in the clutch, and continued success in 2011 will certainly bring him up in the ranks. Right now, though, he's only #9.

10. Matt Schaub

-What happened to those amazing stats of 2009?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Drew Brees

4. Aaron Rodgers

5. Philip Rivers

6. Ben Roethlisberger

7. Tony Romo

8. Matt Ryan

9. Matt Schaub

10. Josh Freeman

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Tom Brady

3. Peyton Manning

4. Phillip Rivers

5. Big Ben

6. Drew Brees

7. Tony Romo

8. Matt Schaub

9. Matt Ryan

10. Joe Flacco

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Aaron Rodgers

5. Phillip Rivers

6. Ben Roethlisberger

7. Matt Ryan

8. Joe Flacco

9. Josh Freeman

10. Matt Schaub

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1. Tom Brady (not debatable)

2. Philip Rivers

3. Aaron Rodgers

4. Ben Roethlisberger

5. Peyton Manning

6. Tony Romo

7. Drew Brees

8. Matt Schaub

9. Josh Freeman

10. Matt Ryan

I negged two of you because Flacco, Freeman, and Ryan are not better than Romo, yet you two had them on the list and NO Romo. Stop being anti-Cowboy. I'm not trying to be a homer, but it's not exactly a secret that Tony Romo is a top 10 NFL quarterback.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I negged two of you because Flacco, Freeman, and Ryan are not better than Romo, yet you two had them on the list and NO Romo. Stop being anti-Cowboy. I'm not trying to be a homer, but it's not exactly a secret that Tony Romo is a top 10 NFL quarterback.

You can make a case for Ryan being better and Freeman performed quite well last season and is on the rise. Not real sure why Flacco would be in the top 10.

You can make a case for Ryan being better and Freeman performed quite well last season and is on the rise. Not real sure why Flacco would be in the top 10.

You can attempt to make a case for Ryan, but he's done worse in the post-season and Freeman's only had one really good year, but still showcased inaccuracy. We don't even know if Freeman will play at all like he did last year. He could fall off the map like David Garrard did after that three INT season.

Edited by BwareDWare94

You can attempt to make a case for Ryan, but he's done worse in the post-season and Freeman's only had one really good year, but still showcased inaccuracy. We don't even know if Freeman will play at all like he did last year. He could fall off the map like David Garrard did after that three INT season.

Very true, I'm just thinking about Freeman's case being similar to Finley. People have ranked Finley in the top 10 for TEs when he has not been able to do anything cause being a backup and the injury this past season but he has a lot of potential and the ranking is more of a prediction, if that makes any sense.

As for Ryan, he has relied on Turner somewhat and there is a little to base a ranking off but just cause he has been ranked above Romo, doesn't exactly mean that person is anti-cowboy.

I personally rank Romo above them both but a negative on him is the fact of how disappointing the Cowboys have been under Romo and that may skew opinions.

Very true, I'm just thinking about Freeman's case being similar to Finley. People have ranked Finley in the top 10 for TEs when he has not been able to do anything cause being a backup and the injury this past season but he has a lot of potential and the ranking is more of a prediction, if that makes any sense.

As for Ryan, he has relied on Turner somewhat and there is a little to base a ranking off but just cause he has been ranked above Romo, doesn't exactly mean that person is anti-cowboy.

I personally rank Romo above them both but a negative on him is the fact of how disappointing the Cowboys have been under Romo and that may skew opinions.

I didn't neg your post, man. I negged the people who left Romo out of the top 10, but had those three in it. Long as his name's in there, I don't mind. I do find it anti-Cowboy to leave him out when he clearly is a top 10 QB.

1. Tom Brady

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Peyton Manning

4. Drew Brees

5. Phillip Rivers

6. Ben Roethlisberger

7. Tony Romo

8. Matt Shaub

9. Josh Freeman

10. Matt Ryan

Peyton Manning

Drew Brees

Aaron Rodgers

Tom Brady

Phillip Rivers

Ben Roethlisberger

Tony Romo

Matt Schaub

Matt Ryan

Josh Freeman

1. Tom Brady - Same old Tom Brady. Flinging the ball around to an inferior cast of players, throwing TDs, not throwing INT... Only thing he hasn't done in the last few years is win another Super Bowl.

2. Aaron Rodgers - Finally has the post season resume to justify this high of a ranking. I remember just last year people were still arguing Romo > Rodgers. I think we can safely say that that is no longer debatable. And the fact that he has the highest passer rating and one of the best TD:INT ratios in both NFL Reg. Season and Post Season history (yes, granted it's a fairly small sample size so far) doesn't hurt.

3. Phillip Rivers - Doesn't have the postseason resume that you look for... But the way he throws the football and dictates defenses alone puts him into the "elite" category.

4. Ben Roethlisberger - Big man who will force himself onto you without any notice. (zing). Plays behind a terrible line, but still makes plays whenever they are needed. He just wins, even if it isn't pretty, and is "uber clutch". Has the hardware to support those claims. Just don't look at SB XLV as evidence of that claim.

5. Drew Brees - Finally has a ring. He makes everyone around him better, and turns no name wideouts into Pro Bowlers. Interception totals were pretty high last year which is why he falls in my list a bit.

6. Peyton Manning - I shot the sheriff... Peyton is still the man, extremely intelligent, dictates defenses, and he carries the team on his back. Which is actually a problem... being that they only have 1 Super Bowl victory and are often times choking themselves out of the playoffs. He will still accumulate stats for the next couple of years, but he is on the decline.

7. Tony Romo - He's just having fun.

8. Josh Freeman - What a sexy beast this kid is. He looks like he is going to be leading the Bucs for a very long time. And while I can't stand the Bucs team or Org... I have mad respect for Freeman as a person and as a QB.

9. Matt Schaub - Not really sure why his production went down. He has Andre Johnson, who is arguably the best WR in the NFL... and he gained the NFL's leading rusher in Arian Foster. He really has no excuse to put up anything less than stellar season after season. Still had a good year though, relatively speaking. If he wants to move up this list, he is going to need to take the Texans to playoffs and dethrone Manning from his perch atop the division standings.

10. Matt Ryan - Really not a fan of Matty Slush. He is an above average QB with an outstanding supporting cast. Michael Turner is a one man wrecking crew. He just runs into the defense until they are tired, and then Matt slings it to Roddy for some easy points and yards. Seems more like a game manager to me, but a hell of a good one.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Guest Durant4MVP

If you seriously think Flacco, Ryan, Schaub and/or Freeman are better than Romo...go watch another sport. This one is not for you. You can't objectively say they are better and not look like a total dumbass.

If you seriously think Flacco, Ryan, Schaub and/or Freeman are better than Romo...go watch another sport. This one is not for you. You can't objectively say they are better and not look like a total dumbass.

I can say the same thing about you for rating Romo over Big Ben.

• Upvote 1

Guest Durant4MVP

I can say the same thing about you for rating Romo over Big Ben.

Because he has SB rings and a ridiculously good defense behind him to help win those championships? They're similar players and at least comparable to one another where as Flacco, Ryan, etc are not.

Edited by Durant4MVP

Because he has SB rings and a ridiculously good defense behind him to help win those championships? They're similar players and at least comparable to one another where as Flacco, Ryan, etc are not.

Because he's played behind a shaky offensive line for most of his career where as Romo has usually had one of the leagues better lines. Maybe its because when you think of Ben in the playoffs you think tough and you know he can bring his team back any given game.

Call me a homer, but I don't give a fuck. Ben has played with one of the worst OLs in the game and has been hampered by a TERRIBLE OC.

1a. Aaron Rodgers

1b. Ben Roethlisberger

3. Tom Brady

4. Phillip Rivers

5. Drew Brees

6. Peyton Manning

7. Matt Schaub

8. Tony Romo

9. Matt Ryan

10. Eli Manning

Some interesting lists out there...here's mine:

1. Tom Brady