BLUE

Where will Nnamdi Asomugha end up?

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will Nnamdi Asomugha play for in 2011?

Per Rotoworld.com:

ESPN's Adam Schefter lists the Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins, and Ravens as the primary suitors for Nnamdi Asomugha.

"And there will be more," Schefter adds. The Eagles and Cowboys have been connected to Asomugha since January, and the Redskins can never be ruled out of a high-profile free agent chase. The Ravens seem less likely to get involved after drafting Jimmy Smith. The Chargers, Texans, and Jets have also been mentioned as potential destinations.

Related: Ravens, Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter May 5, 9:06 PM

Edited by BLUE

I voted other... But I really have no idea where he is going. I just think he may surprise us with his selection.

The Bucs might need a new #1, now that Talib is in trouble. The thing is, would they be able to compete with other teams, financially?

He's coming to Green Bay so our D can just LOL at any offense :grinno:

Actually, I voted the Raiders. He is going to get a fat contract, work with Woodson, and help the Raiders win the AFCW.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

If the Cowboys are smart they'll go hard after him...they need to find a new #1 corner.

I'm honestly have no idea, so I go with other.

Redskins.

You know Dan Snyder is going to have his checkbook ready.

• Downvote 1

Chargers or Eagles, I went with the Chargers... Aso just came off of a 28 mill guaranteed contract, im pretty sure he's not concerned about money as he is about winning a Super Bowl. IMO, he'll go wherever he feels can get him a championship the fastest.....

Ot the Lions. :D

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Guest Durant4MVP

Dallas!!

Redskins.

You know Dan Snyder is going to have his checkbook ready.

I'd agree if he wasn't still on the hook for Haynesworth.

Dallas.

Jerry hasn't made his offseason splash yet.

I'd say Cowboys, since it gets him out of the division...

Jets, just so i can witness what it would be like to have Revis and Aso on the same team.

ESPN's Adam Schefter lists the Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins, and Ravens as the primary suitors for Nnamdi Asomugha.

"And there will be more," Schefter adds. The Eagles and Cowboys have been connected to Asomugha since January, and the Redskins can never be ruled out of a high-profile free agent chase. The Ravens seem less likely to get involved after drafting Jimmy Smith. The Chargers, Texans, and Jets have also been mentioned as potential destinations. Related: Ravens, Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Anyways I went with the cowboys on this one.

Cowboys or Jets. If not he'll just stay on the Raiders.

Per Rotoworld:

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain doesn't expect the Texans to make a big push for free agent Nnamdi Asomugha.

The Texans were not on Adam Schefter's list of Asomugha's most likely suitors on Thursday, and McClain thinks they will only go after him if his demands are surprisingly reasonable. It's always wise to be prudent, but you'd think the league's 32nd ranked pass defense from 2010 would be a little more interested in a player of Asomugha's ability.

Source: Houston Chronicle

It's shit like this that really pisses me off as a Texans fan. I know their philosophy is to build through the draft, but if there ever was an exception to the rule it would be Nnamdi Asomugha. It's doubtful that he would even sign with the Texans anyways, but to not even try and make an effort to sign him is incredibly disappointing...

The Dallas Morning News' Rainer Sabin speculates the Cowboys may make a big push for free agent Nnamdi Asomugha simply to keep him away from the Eagles.

Both clubs need to upgrade their secondaries, and figure to be two of Asomugha's most vigorous suitors. ESPN's Adam Schefter listed Dallas and Philadelphia as two of Asomugha's most likely destinations on Thursday, along with division rival Washington. Related: Cowboys Source: Dallas Morning News

Something tells me the Redskins will get him. Like they always do, I see them throwing a lot of cash for him. Would love to see the Bucs get him, but I doubt we do. Dom has said we want to build through the draft and not sign many big named free agents.

Wow. If Aso ends up with the Ravens. LOL

Nnamdi wants to go to a team that wins, after being in Oakland for 8 years, why would he go somewhere even more dysfunctional? Scratch Washington and Detroit off the list.

• Upvote 1

Wow. If Aso ends up with the Ravens. LOL

That would be sick! Asomugha along with Jimmy Smith. Then you've also got Ed Reed at free safety...

They've also addressed their deficiency at wide receiver with Torrey Smith and Tandon Doss.

If the Ravens land Asomugha, they will be my personal front-runner for winning next year's Super Bowl.

Nnamdi wants to go to a team that wins, after being in Oakland for 8 years, why would he go somewhere even more dysfunctional? Scratch Washington and Detroit off the list.

This.

That would be sick! Asomugha along with Jimmy Smith. Then you've also got Ed Reed at free safety...

They've also addressed their deficiency at wide receiver with Torrey Smith and Tandon Doss.

If the Ravens land Asomugha, they will be my personal front-runner for winning next year's Super Bowl.

They would be mine as well.

That defense is already beast, but this would put them on another level I believe. Having just Reed back there sucks enough for offenses, but this? LOL

Jets or Cowboys. I voted Jets because if he truly wants to win and money doesn't matter, then obviously he'll go to NY.

If Carlos Rogers leaves via FA then the Redskins need to empty the bank to get this guy.

D Hall and Nnamdi would be a pretty sick 1-2 duo.