DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Kirwan ranks the corners...

I've never understoood how Terence Newman gets left off of these lists, but whatever. I'll take him over quite a few from #15 down.

roflGroup2

Maybe ONE of them is top 10, that's it. The hype Devin McCourty gets is unreal.Why is Brandon Flowers in group 3? Why is Asante Samuel in group 1? Pretty poor list IMO.

Edited by GoodellFTL
  • Upvote 1

Finnegan is a little high, Woodson is high for my tastes but I can understand where he's at. Dunta Robinson is way too high, Winfield and Flowers are too low. Devin McCourty is not that much better than Joe Haden, but I have trouble properly placing one year stars, I'd probable drop McCourty just under Haden.

Honestly this list isn't too bad, though he does a few glaring issues here and there.

Wait... he has one giant omission, Josh Wilson is nowhere to be found on this list. He's top 20 for sure, take him ahead of Dunta, TT, DRC, Ike Taylor, and any of those other guys listed 21 and lower.

Joe "Hayden" as Kirwan calls him is better than McCourty. :shrug: I hate the McCourty super hype.

Anyways, Finnegan is to high, Flowers and Winfield are to low.

Tillman still goes pretty much unoticed.

Williams definitely top 10, not top 5 yet. Good place for him. Woodson, probably deserves to be at the tail end of Group A. I think he did good with Packers players this time, after he put Greg Jennings at the tail end of GROUP C for WR...

Yeah, Finnegan belongs around 12-10, depending on what you look for in a CB. 6 is a good bit high.

Something I saw someone point out: These aren't ranked..just tiered. The rankings are just them listed in alphabetical order.

roflGroup2

Maybe ONE of them is top 10, that's it. The hype Devin McCourty gets is unreal.Why is Brandon Flowers in group 3? Why is Asante Samuel in group 1? Pretty poor list IMO.

Asante definitely is in the top tier of NFL corners. His ball skills, route reading intelligence, and agility are definitely up there with the best of the best. His ball skills are undeniably great. He is a wall of hands standing in front of his receiver.

Wasn't aware Champ Bailey was still considered an elite CB...

Why wouldn't he be? He shuts down opposing wideouts, and makes it looks easy.

Why wouldn't he be? He shuts down opposing wideouts, and makes it looks easy.

lol, idk the #s or anything, so idk how well he performed this past year. It just seems like he gets lost nowadays in the CB talks.

He's just getting older so people expect him to drop off, but he really hasn't that much. Champ's game was never about pure speed (he is fast though), It's about reading receivers like a book and beating them to the ball.

Call me a homer but where the fuck is Quentin Jammer?

According to his comments, Flowers sounds better than a few grouped above him.

Dunta is really all not that bad of a corner..but I'd still put Grimes above him even though so many QB's picked on him this year after a terrible season a year ago. Fact is, Grimes is small, but he makes up for it with his smartness and athletic ability..Dunta is good as well..he just seems to have trouble in zone coverage...the real problem with our defense is the way we scheme our blitz/pressure packages. Too simple, and it really exploits our secondary that isn't all that bad, and makes them look worse.

Found what I was talking about earlier. lol.

According to FO he had a 52% success rate against, and gave up 7.9 ypa... Those are good numbers, but are they really top of the league coverage #s?

For a guy who was born in 1978 it is.

Who does FO have ahead of him? Because those are pretty good numbers for a cornerback.

This is FO's ish, so im not really sure how it compares with others'... But for player with at least 40 passes thrown their way, they have the following players for success rate -in order...

Revis, Winfield, Routt, Williams, Bartell, Sean Smith, Biggers, Hanson, Cromartie, Carr.

and in yards per pass...

Winfield, Hansen, Justin Tryon, Grimes, Bartell, Arenas, McCourty, Barber, Williams, Powers.

Like I said, idk which corners performed how well, but these were coverage #s according to FO.