Sign in to follow this  
Titanswin472

A.P. #3 on the top players list?? No, just no

Guest MikeyDay

Air pretty much debated that perfectly with the CJ and AP. AP was no a top 5 player last year in the whole league anyways. I personally would take CJ over AP based on thats who we have and hes shown more for me to my liking. Two diff style backs and both make plays in their own diff way. CJ just gets more hate bcuz of his size.

Adrian Peterson is aiming for a fumble-free 2011.

Peterson, who was named the NFL's third-best player in NFL Network's Top 100 Players of 2011 special, fumbled just once in 2010 after coughing it up a combined 16 times the previous two years. His renewed emphasis on protecting the ball did not hurt his yards-per-carry, as it actually increased from 4.4 in 2009 to 4.6. Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

Bware don't be a fool about Emmitt being the greatest RB of all time.

People's reactions to lists are always :roflcopter:

Any Titans fan who finds a reason to question anything about Adrian Peterson, who is undoubtedly the greatest tailback this league has seen since Emmitt, is obviously trying to fathom the undeniable truth that AP is better than CJ. And don't give me anything about the Titans supposed "terrible" OL. Minnesota has a center who couldn't open a hole in a warm piece of bread, not to mention two useless tackles and one very inconsistent guard. Oh, and the other guard, Hutch, is steadily declining as we speak.

Titans OL >! Vikings OL, BUT

Adrian Peterson > Any other back in the league. If a running back had to be in the top 5, you're damn right it's Adrian Peterson.

Marshall Faulk anyone? Or are you saying since Smith retired? Either way, LT in his prime? Marshall Faulk in his prime was a lot better than Smith in his. Not trying to be a hater or anything, but Faulk was fucking incredible.

People's reactions to lists are always :roflcopter:

Isn't that what lists are for? Having discussions, even if heated? That's the whole reason NFL network did it..was to have their analysts and people all over the internet discuss it.

I think it's fairly obvious that the players didn't all vote for performance in the 2010-2011 season. Obviously a lot of them voted for guys based on their career.

I'd take the Purple Slave over CJ, although it's close, IMO.

And I'm DEFINITELY taking Barry Sanders, as well as others, over Emmitt Smith....

And why does his response deserve its own thread instead of being in the list topic?

Because it showcases his ridiculous statements for us to laugh at. :rofl:

And I love Emmitt but the only thing he has over Barry are the rings.

Edited by rzb

1. Stupid creation of a thread. Please post some sort of article, or at least a source.

2. You're wrong. CJ is good, but AP is better.

• Downvote 3

1. Stupid creation of a thread. Please post some sort of article, or at least a source.

Why the hell should I need a source to voice my opinion? Um this site is for discussing football, so I posted a topic that I wanted to discuss. Whats the problem?

• Downvote 1

2. You're wrong. CJ is good, but AP is better.

You need to stop with the fucking Thread Nazi shit. Like, NOW.

People can create whatever god damn thread they want. You don't like it? Stay the fuck out then. But I'm getting really tired of seeing you pop into threads and say the same shit. You want articles? Go to ESPN or FOX or wherever and read them then. This is a discussion forum not a fucking newspaper.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You need to stop with the fucking Thread Nazi shit. Like, NOW.

People can create whatever god damn thread they want. You don't like it? Stay the fuck out then. But I'm getting really tired of seeing you pop into threads and say the same shit. You want articles? Go to ESPN or FOX or wherever and read them then. This is a discussion forum not a fucking newspaper.

And you need to stop trolling.

He said that people were calling AP #3, so post a source to somewhere that claims that. If you haven't noticed, that's how most people use this site; by sharing news/blogs and then commenting on them.

• Downvote 3

He said that people were calling AP #3, so post a source to somewhere that claims that. If you haven't noticed, that's how most people use this site; by sharing news/blogs and then commenting on them.

The fuck? You don't even have a clue what you're talking about..

Noone was "calling" AP #3. On NFL network he was named the #3 player. Their is no source or site or new or blogs. Their was no source to site.

That would be like telling me to site a source about a topic about the Packers winning the Superbowl.

Edited by Titanswin472
  • Downvote 1

The fuck? You don't even have a clue what you're talking about..

Noone was "calling" AP #3. On NFL network he was named the #3 player. Their is no source or site or new or blogs. Their was no source to site.

That would be like telling me to site a source about a topic about the Packers winning the Superbowl.

You're obviously clueless as to what good use of a forum is. Both you and FSUViking, but he is just a troll.

• Downvote 2

You're obviously clueless as to what good use of a forum is. Both you and FSUViking, but he is just a troll.

Whatever man...lmao

You can't just say "Emmitt wouldn't have this or that" because you just don't know those things. At the end of the day, he's still got the records to back it up. Shouldn't the most dedicated back be in the discussion for greatest back of all time? Especially one as decorated as Emmitt is? I mean, you can't just disard him from the discussion. We all know Barry Sanders was special, but throwing names like Marshall Faulk out there? Come on.

On topic, I'm taking AP, and I've yet to see a non-Titans fan take CJ over AP.

(Running back thoughts)

Marshall Faulk was a master of the 1000/1000 season. OJ and TD had some of the greatest peaks by a runningback, if you were to ask me who I thought CJ's career path was most similar too, I'd say Eric Dickerson, Awesome at the start, but slowly settling down by his 6th year or so.

Emmitt, and by extension Curtis Martin should be in the discussion just because of what a solid 4 yards every time will do for an offense. They may not break shit open like Barry Sanders does, but they also won't give you negative yardage all that often. They were both tough as nails motherfuckers who had long careers, which is beyond strange.

However if you talk about GOAT runningbacks, Jim Brown stands above them all, 9 years in the league, 104 yards a game, 1963 might be the greatest runningback season ever, almost the first 2000 yard season or less than 300 carries.

Adrian Peterson is doing well for himself, but if he wanted to be the goat runningback, he needs to exceed his competition, and Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles, and Maurice Jones-Drew (by virtue of his versatility) are really close. And if you wanted a player he was similar too, I'd point you to Walter Payton. Not really a threat to catch the ball, but he'll do it, his strength is carrying the team on his back, constantly taking 20 carries a game and making the most of his touches.

• Upvote 1

You can't just say "Emmitt wouldn't have this or that" because you just don't know those things. At the end of the day, he's still got the records to back it up. Shouldn't the most dedicated back be in the discussion for greatest back of all time? Especially one as decorated as Emmitt is? I mean, you can't just disard him from the discussion. We all know Barry Sanders was special, but throwing names like Marshall Faulk out there? Come on.

I'm not trying to be an ass but this thread had absolutely nothing to do with CJ2K, i don't even get why he keeps coming up in this thread..

One thing about Adrian Peterson is that he'd been playing under one of the worst playcallers in the history of football (Brad Childress) for several years. Childress would run him for three quarters and then try to throw the entire fourth quarter. Now this may be a skeptical thing, but had AP had a consistent playcaller throughout his career, he may have done more than he already has.

True, I don't know. However, I DO know that the supporting cast around Sanders was 10x worse than what was around Emmitt. That's something that is fact. And given Emmitt's skill set, in my personal opinion, not calling it fact, he wouldn't have been nearly as successful in a place like Detroit as he was in Dallas.

I don't disregard Emmitt from the discussion. I think he's top 10..probably close to top 5, but I just don't think I'd take him over guys like Barry Sanders, Jim Brown and etc. Calling Emmitt not as good as Sanders is not something I'm trying to make out to be an insult, because Emmitt has more than earned the respect he gets. I just personally don't view him #1.

Also, maybe I mixed it up somewhere, but I don't recall mentioning Marshall Faulk in the Sanders/Smith type of level..I compared CJ to him in terms of the style of play/the ideal situation he'd be used in, but I don't remember using him in the GOAT debate.

Looking back, it appears Sean brought up Faulk in the GOAT debate.

One thing about Adrian Peterson is that he'd been playing under one of the worst playcallers in the history of football (Brad Childress) for several years. Childress would run him for three quarters and then try to throw the entire fourth quarter. Now this may be a skeptical thing, but had AP had a consistent playcaller throughout his career, he may have done more than he already has.

I agree totally. I think both AP and CJ could have been used much better than what they have been so far in their careers. AP moreso than CJ, but Fisher and Heimerdinger couldn't, for whatever reason, figure out how to get CJ the ball out in open space. It was always a screen pass 2-3 yards behind the LOS, and CJ would have to make a couple people miss just if he wanted to make the play a no gain instead of a loss.

Munchak has repeatedly said he's going to be using CJ differently, so I have hope, but I really want CJ to be used better in the passing game.

(Running back thoughts)

Marshall Faulk was a master of the 1000/1000 season. OJ and TD had some of the greatest peaks by a runningback, if you were to ask me who I thought CJ's career path was most similar too, I'd say Eric Dickerson, Awesome at the start, but slowly settling down by his 6th year or so.

Yeah, Dickerson would be a pretty decent comparison. Though if I remember right, Dickerson was a much bigger back than CJ is..I may be wrong on that. I know he had a lot of speed himself, but he had a solid mix of power in there too.

Yeah. I've been here for four years and have over 6,500 posts. If that's not a fucking troll, i dunno what is.

You're a whiny jackass. Go start your own forum and get the fuck out of here if you're going to piss blood over everything that doesn't meet your "criteria" of posting.

I'd take Sanders over Emmit Smith any day. Smith is up there with the best of the best but he's not #1. I'm not saying Sanders is either but he's higher than Smith. As pointed out before, Smith had a much better team surrounding him, arguably one of the best teams to take the field.

I don't want to get to caught up in numbers but had Sanders played as long as Smith did there's no doubt in my mind that he would be number one on the all time rushing list. Plus the numbers have already been stated previously and it's kind of obvious Sanders was the better back.

Marshall Faulk was a great back but I don't think I'd agree with him being better than Smith while both in their primes. I'd say they're right about even but I'd probably give the nod to Smith over Faulk.

Yeah, Dickerson would be a pretty decent comparison. Though if I remember right, Dickerson was a much bigger back than CJ is..I may be wrong on that. I know he had a lot of speed himself, but he had a solid mix of power in there too.

Dickerson was a product of his offensive line. Still a decent back in Indy, but not nearly close to what he was with the Rams O-Line.

I would take Adrian Peterson over Chris Johnson, but I don't think he's the third best player in the league.

And for the record, I'll take Barry Sanders over any running back past or present.