Sign in to follow this  
Turry

Who looks good in your team's mini camps ?

Pretty straight forward question who has been impressing you or the coaches in your team's training camp.

From what I have read Dane Sanzenbacher is having a tremendous camp and with a solid preseason can be our starting slot WR at the start of the season.

Dezmon Briscoe apparently has really been impressing at camp. I have also heard good things about McCoy and Clayborn.

For the Seahawks, most of our main aqcuisitions (T-Jack, Rice, Miller) Are looking good according to the reports I've read. Though the two guys getting the main press are Earl Thomas whose been making tons of plays every practice, and surpisingly our rookie third string QB Josh Portis who is apparently thriving in practices. Could it be our future starter is right under our nose?

Edited by Jayrus

Taylor Price has been really good, looks like he may be the 4th receiver. Also Lee Smith has been great, a huge tight end from Marshall.

Guest Durant4MVP

According to former NFL scout and now ESPNDallas beat writer Bryan Broaddus:

-Lonyae Miller hasn't missed a blitz pickup assignment in camp yet and has run great.

-UDFA CB Mario Butler has quietly had an excellent camp.

-UDFA LBs Alex Albright and Orie Lemon could make the team after solid performances in the annual Blue & White scrimmage.

Edit: Oh and Dez Bryant is the training camp star for the second year in a row. Dude has been an absolute monster.

Edited by Durant4MVP

Julius Thomas

Future Hall of Famer Joe Mays

Nate Irving

Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil

I've heard a couple good things about Bowers, a lot of Roy Miller talk, Briscoe, Mason Foster, Daniel Hardy, and Kregg Lumpkin.

Nate Allen is continuing where he left off before his injury and then some. Including all of the Eagles corners everyone is talking about, Nate has made more plays on the ball in the 11 on 11 drills I've seen than any of them.

I've heard a couple good things about Bowers, a lot of Roy Miller talk, Briscoe, Mason Foster, Daniel Hardy, and Kregg Lumpkin.

Kregg Lumpkin is a beast :yep:

Randall Cobb

Davon House (although, he just got hurt)

DJ Williams

DJ Smith

Charlie Peprah (although, everything the beat writers are saying is that it's Morgan Burnett's job)

Bryan Bulaga

3rd QB Graham Harrell (it really takes 2-3 years in Mike McCarthy's system to get it down)

Diandre Borel.... It is going to be TOUGH for a WR to make our roster... But he is turning heads.

Mike Williams has been killing everybody they put on him. The dude looks unbelievable the five times I've been out there. I don't know if Talib is really trying as hard as he could be, but who knows.

Clayborn looks good and so does Kyle Moore for the most part.

The difference between Freeman in this camp and Freeman in last years camp is night and day. Him, Mike and Kellen have developed an incredible chemistry. Foster has been good I suppose but for me it's hard to judge a middle linebacker in practice, gotta wait for the preseason games to make an opinion on him.

Torrey Smith has been very dynamic in camp. He's a burner and has pretty good hands.

Jah Reid has taken snaps with the first team and has looked good. He held his own very well.

Jimmy Smith has been extremely physical in his play and has come up with a couple big plays

Tandon Doss has been good. Not too many drops.

Tyrod Taylor has been really impressive. Could have a chance of being the backup QB

Sergio Kindle has a nose for the QB. Nuff said.

Vonta Leach has been a beast. As usual.

Adrian Clayborn has been the talk of Bucs camp, they say he is violent and physical with a nonstop motor. Donald Penn keeps saying he's never worked so hard in practice before. But he is also used to going up against Stylez G. White and his bad practice habits lol.

Also hear good things about Bowers and Briscoe and of course the usual praise of Freeman and Mike Williams.

I watch videos from OldSchool of WhatTheBuc.net who is at training camp almost every chance there is and in his latest video he talked about how Lee, Trueblood and Joseph were just dominating the defensive line in live drills and in goal line offense. It seems they are really coming together.

Newton has been looking pretty good, and so did Gettis, prior to his likely torn ACL.

The surprise has been Clausen, who looks downright solid. Whether or not he gets another shot, I don't know, but he is listed as the #1 QB on the "unofficial" depth chart, for the moment.

Future Hall of Famer Joe Mays

:D

Junior Gallete has looked good.

Patrick Robinson is playing outstanding filling in for the injured Tracy Porter

Mark Ingram has looked great according to pretty much everyone in camp.

Will Herring and Clint Ingram have both looked solid at SLB.

And they are saying Joique Bell is looking like a solid running back.

Ummm.....Josh Scobee and Sam Swank

J.J. Watt has been killing it already against the Texans' o-line. His motor never stops.

Glover Quin's transition to safety doesn't look like it's going to be much trouble for him.

Connor Barwin feels very comfortable as an OLB. It looks as though he will be playing opposite of Mario.

UDFA WR Lestar Jean is making his presence felt. I think he has a bright future ahead of him.

Pat Kirwan was at the Texans camp and wrote a report that can be found here.

I'm just ready to see my team play on Monday night! Can't wait to see them out on the field again.