Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Eli Manning says he's in same class as Tom Brady

Giants quarterback Eli Manning was all confidence when discussing where he ranks among his NFL peers. Manning told ESPN in a radio interview that he thinks he's in the same class as Patriots quarterback Tom Brady. "I consider myself in that class and Tom Brady is a great quarterback, he's a great player and what you've seen with him is he's gotten better every year and he started off winning championships and I think he's a better quarterback now than what he was, in all honesty, when he was winning those championships," Manning said. "I think he's ... gotten better every year and that's what I'm trying to do. I kind of hope these next seven years of my quarterback days are my best." Manning -- who beat Brady's Patriots, 17-14, in Super Bowl XLII -- threw for 4,002 yards and 31 touchdowns last season, but also posted a career-high 25 interceptions. "I'm not a 25-interception quarterback, I know that," Manning said. "That's going to be fixed and it should be a good year."

Source: NFL.com

Apparently, he's the only one that thinks he's there. The players left him off the top 100 list, where Tom Brady was ranked at what number?

eli-manning-vogue.jpg

He's definitely into appearing in fashion magazines like Brady

50314_8275274422_780225_n.jpg

If you couldn't tell Eli has been aboard the Bangyblimp with statements like this.

Meh, whatever....

I listened to it, and it wasn't that bad....he's wrong, but I don't have a problem with his response after being asked a question....I'm glad he's confident in his abilities....

Edited by BLUE

He's also in the same class as Rex Grossman when it comes to insane claims.

• Upvote 2

Years ago, when Charles Barkley was still playing in the NBA, he said--"Once you say another player is better than you are, you've already been beaten". That was in response to a question comparing himself to Michael Jordan. I agreed with Bark then, and still do now. If Eli's response was in the same line of thinking, then there really isn't a problem.

Good stuff. But I have to disagree.

As soon as you start comparing yourself to other players, you are putting yourself on a lower tier. Why does Eli want to be on Tom Brady's level? That's putting Brady on this pedestal and making it seem like he (Eli) is trying to get up there.

Now, I am not saying Tom Brady is bad... or not worthy of being put on that pedestal... But Eli needs to worry more about being Eli, than being Brady.

Not only are they almost polar opposites in every sense of the word..... Statistically, winning, awards, etc etc... But I never hear Tom Brady talk about how he wants to be on Peyton's level. He knows he's there (if not above), so he doesn't have to talk about it in that fashion.

To be fair to Eli, he did get buried by the question a bit. They were setting him up for a quote / story like this.

He's also in the same class as Rex Grossman when it comes to insane claims.

I'm out of the loop....do I want to know what Rex is saying?

Guest Phailadelphia

Meh, whatever....

I listened to it, and it wasn't that bad....he's wrong, but I don't have a problem with his response after being asked a question....I'm glad he's confident in his abilities....

^ This. Eli didn't just come out and claim "I'm as good as Tom Brady." He was asked in the interview if that was the case and he'd be pummeled by the media regardless of what he said. It was a trap question.

This is laughable. He's not even close. Although I do always try to do my best to respect people who are confident in themselves. Still, it's laughable.

^ This. Eli didn't just come out and claim "I'm as good as Tom Brady." He was asked in the interview if that was the case and he'd be pummeled by the media regardless of what he said. It was a trap question.

It was definitely a trap question. The radio talk show host totally put him on the spot with the way he asked the question. If I were in Eli's shoes I would have handled it the same way with my response. Nothing he said, even if he was wrong, was that bad given the situation and question.

This is really not a big deal, IMO. It's kind of nice, as a Giants fan, to see Eli show a little swag for once....

Edited by BLUE

He was asked point blank "how do you compare yourself to guys like Tom Brady?"

What is he supposed to say? Na man Tom Bradys way better than I am, shit.

Blues right, totally a trap question, if anyone on here considers Eli Manning a cocky arrogant quarterback.....well than you haven't followed football for very long

He was asked point blank "how do you compare yourself to guys like Tom Brady?"

What is he supposed to say? Na man Tom Bradys way better than I am, shit.

Blues right, totally a trap question, if anyone on here considers Eli Manning a cocky arrogant quarterback.....well than you haven't followed football for very long

I consider Eli Manning a cocky arrogant QB, but not for anything he's said recently. It was that Prima Donna attitude before the NFL draft, where he dictated who he would not play for and who should not draft him, before he'd ever played a down in the NFL.

I don't mind it now, because it worked out well for both the Chargers and Giants.

Oh, stop with this "trap question...what was he supposed to say" weak ass defense. I've spoken to the media before and I've never compared my police skills to those of the Navy SEALs. We both use guns and fight bad guys, but that's where the comparisons end. Manning and Brady both play QB in the NFL but the comparisons end there as well. Brady is one of the best to ever play. Eli is the third best in his own family. Even Giants fans can name at least 10 QBs they'd rather have then Eli.

The smart answer, and sensible one, would be to say Brady and Peyton are in a totally other class then the rest of the guys in this league and I have a lot of work to do to get to their level. Hell, he could even say "I think I'm pretty damn good but not on the level of a Brady."

I love how people demand more candor from athletes but when they get it they blame the media for the player saying something stupid.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Awww...Blue negged me with a "You're a dumb motherfucker" comment. :p

• Downvote 4

Awww...Blue negged me with a "You're a dumb motherfucker" comment. :p

And i dont think anyone would disagree with him.

Just cuz you want to suck Brady's dick doesnt give you a pass when you spew utter nonsense

PS...I would hope an overpaid, lazy ass, donut eating, traffic ticket giving, "police officer" wouldnt compare himself to a navy seal

Edited by NYGIANTSFLYHIGH
  • Upvote 1

You do know as a fan of a rival team you don't defend their players yes??

And i dont think anyone would disagree with him.

Just cuz you want to suck Brady's dick doesnt give you a pass when you spew utter nonsense

PS...I would hope an overpaid, lazy ass, donut eating, traffic ticket giving, "police officer" wouldnt compare himself to a navy seal

Wow, cunty....takin this shit just wee bit personal, aren't we? I'm not overpaid or lazy...don't eat donuts...and I don't write tickets for traffic violations. Nice try. May want to rethink that biography you're writing on me. Needs some work.

Nobody NOT a Giants fan has disagreed with me. And do me a favor...highlight the part(s) that are "utter nonsense" for me, will you please? I mean, other than the part where Eli Manning says he's as good as Tom Brady and the Giants fags agreeing with him. Find me a bigger steaming pile of bullshit nonsense then that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow, cunty....takin this shit just wee bit personal, aren't we? I'm not overpaid or lazy...don't eat donuts...and I don't write tickets for traffic violations. Nice try. May want to rethink that biography you're writing on me. Needs some work.

Nobody NOT a Giants fan has disagreed with me. And do me a favor...highlight the part(s) that are "utter nonsense" for me, will you please? I mean, other than the part where Eli Manning says he's as good as Tom Brady and the Giants fags agreeing with him. Find me a bigger steaming pile of bullshit nonsense then that.

Clearly, Eli Manning is no where near the level Tom Brady is at. Not even close. The "utter nonsense" is that you somehow think its feasible for a Superbowl winning NFL QB to not respond the way he did. And that you DONT think this is a trap question.........Welcome to NY

He was asked point blank "Where do you consider yourself among the elite QBs like Tom Brady?". What would an appropriate answer be? You actually think its reasonable for this guy to say, "Na Tom and my brother are on another level"? Your crazy if you think thats a reasonable answer.

Your comparison of "police officers" to Navy Seals is irrelevant. They dont do the same exact job on a day to day basis as two NFL QBs do. NFL QBs try to win suberbowls year in and year out. While your settling domestic violence cases, NAVY Seals are out saving our country killing terrorists. Apples and Oranges.

Have you read the thread? Even Eagles fans, disagree with you.

Years ago, when Charles Barkley was still playing in the NBA, he said--"Once you say another player is better than you are, you've already been beaten". That was in response to a question comparing himself to Michael Jordan. I agreed with Bark then, and still do now. If Eli's response was in the same line of thinking, then there really isn't a problem.

To be fair to Eli, he did get buried by the question a bit. They were setting him up for a quote / story like this.

Edited by NYGIANTSFLYHIGH
  • Upvote 2