Patriots2994

Most Overrated Player In The NFL

Who is the most overrated player in the entire NFL? I'm not looking for a team-by-team breakdown like in past threads, I'm curious who people find to be the most overrated players out of all the thousands the league has. So, who is the most overrated player in the NFL and why?

Concussion, broken hand, what's next?

Still lol-ing the Eagles on that contract extension.

• Upvote 1

Michael Vick

This.And he always has been.

Edited by Shotgun

Definitely CJlol2K or Vick. I might give the edge to Johnson though because Vick is just injury prone as hell, while Johnson is still healthy but failing.

I'm trying to name another player just for the hell of it, but I really can't think of a legitimate contender.

• Upvote 1

Mike Vick, landslide.

He had a great season last year, but he has always been vastly over-rated even when he played for Atlanta. Everyone knows that if you hit him and put his back on the ground, it will shake him up (Or injure him) and he'll play bad.

I think I called this right after his extension.

But I think I'll go with CJ2K. Way to holdout and demand a shit ton of money then do nothing to deserve it. At least Vick has just been too banged up to do anything, so he has something of an excuse for his poor play.

Edited by gobadgers77

I would be willing to bet that the Eagles have an out in this contract and can cut him if he can't stay healthy.

I think I called this right after his extension.

But I think I'll go with CJ2K. Way to holdout and demand a shit ton of money then do nothing to deserve it. At least Vick has just been too banged up to do anything, so he has something of an excuse for his poor play.

Good call...I mean the majority of the entire message board said the exact same thing...but I'm sure you said it first.

Brandon Flowers, one good year and everyone was so highly on the prick.

Chris Johnson is now CJ

He has to average 77 yards a game over the last 13 just to break 1,000. He also needs to average 97 yards a game to get back to his total from last year. And just for shits and giggles... He would need to average 146 yards per game for the rest of the year to hit 2,000.

Not sure how he's overrated given everyone expected him to be pretty bad starting out, but cool, I guess.

I don't get why anyone would lol at the eagles for signing Vick to that contract. They can cut him for peanuts in 2014.

http://www.eaglescap.com/Players/MichaelVick.html

Signed a 6 year, $100,000,000 extension in the 2011 preseason that included a 7M signing bonus prorated over 5 years, a 3M roster bonus in 2014, and a 2M roster bonus in 2015. The 2011 and 2012 base salaries are fully guaranteed, the 2013 base salary has 3M guaranteed, and the 2016 year will void if Vick participates in 35% in any of the first 5 seasons of the deal. There are also numerous escalators and de-escalators related to super bowl appearances and wins, or lack there of.

loltgpassuminghe'sactuallygetting100millionover6yearsfail

Edited by westbrookforsix

honestly what I think bothers me the most about Vick is the way he holds the ball when he runs:

large_MichaelVick2.jpg

10075322-large.jpg

Mike-Vick-is-alive.jpg

michael_vick_philadelphia_eagles_scramble.jpg

I understand that as a QB scrambling you still want to be able to throw the ball, but you've gotta tuck it in once you pass the line of scrimmage, it's one of the first things you're taught when someone puts a ball in your hand and you'd think a guy who runs as much as Vick does would be mindful of that. I know it's a picky thing, and I'm not saying that alone makes him overrated, but it does make me want to scream at the tv every time I watch him play.

Edited by oochymp

honestly what I think bothers me the most about Vick is the way he holds the ball when he runs:

Honestly, me too. If he's gonna make runningback moves, he'd better protect the ball like a runningback once he crosses the line. He got stripped from behind in the Atlanta game, that's all the proof you need.

Guest MikeyDay

Any rb we have hasnt been able to take a handoff cleanly without pressure in his face. Our interior run blocking is horrible. I hope we.draft or pickup a guard and a new center. Watching Amano is painful.. our run game cant do shit with the defense being in the backfield everytime CJ gets a handoff. I know we not a running team anymore but at least hold up ur block... And as for moat overrated i said Vick. i called it this yr him being injures paving way for VY

I am actually beginning to make a strong case for Michael Turner taking this title. Or at least being a close 2nd behind Mike Vick.

He is a great running back, no doubt. He's got a ton of lower body strength, and the burst needed to be great. But what's he missing? He never seems to find holes. Guys like AP, CJ2K, McFadden, Foster, Charles, Steven Jackson, heck even Beanie Wells find the gaps in the line and make cuts before the LOS to get to and through them. Turner doesn't seem to do that. He never really has, and I don't see him ever making those moves in the future. It seems like he's got glue stuck to his feet. His production relies so heavily on the offensive line making gaps for him so he can go through the hole, and use his burst to get through and make guys miss or rather usually just plow guys over. Too often is there a hole in the line to the left or right of him and he just instead decides to run into the back of his offensive line with his dominant "stiff arm" hand and hobble around only to get buried by a defender. Yet so many people have him as a top 5 running back in the league. Statistically he is definitely in the top 5, but as a pure running back, I can't put him in the top 10 often times without a serious debate.

Then again, maybe it's my biased Atlanta Falcons opinion coming out. I've never been a HUGE fan of Michael Turner.