Thanatos

Lions and Packers will both be 10-0 when they meet

The Packers schedule up to week 12, (when they first play each other).

vs St. Louis Rams

@ Minnesota Vikings

@San Diego Chargers

vs Minnesota Vikings

vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

The Lions schedule up to week 12:

vs San Francisco 49ers

vs Atlanta Falcons

@ Denver Broncos

@ Chicago Bears

vs Carolina Panthers

Just thought it would be interesting. They both have very good shots, the Packers moreso. Only true threat on their list is San Diego, (Tampa Bay might be dangerous if it wasn't in Lambeau). The Lions have to get past the Niners, which I think is their biggest challenge. If both teams move to 6-0, I'd really think this matchup will happen with both teams undefeated. Should be a good one regardless.

• Downvote 1

Packers have a very good chance. We usually play them well, but I would be pretty surprised if we beat them, especially in Lambeau. I guess if the Chargers play up to their potential, they have a pretty good shot too though.

I can't see the Lions doing it. I think they lose one of the next two games. People can't underestimate the 49ers. They were very close to being undefeated right now and have looked very good. Alex Smith is playing good football and their front 7 on D has been great.

I'm not sure about all of that. I think (maybe Favre4Ever can back me up on this) the Packers, at times, have laid an egg versus inferior opponents....:yep:

I could also see them losing to the Chargers, who are no pushovers.

The Falcons gave the Packers a game. Surely they could compete with Detroit, no????

I mean, I wouldn't necessarily be shocked if they were both undefeated when they meet, but I just think that in this day and age of parity in the NFL, that one or both of them will lose at least one of those games, IMO....:yep:

Edited by BLUE

We definitely have played down to opponents in the past. I would expect to win most of those games... But wouldn't be completely off guard if we lost to Minnesota. Chargers also have a chance, and the Bucs have been our kryptonite since Aaron took over.

Edited by Favre4Ever

We definitely have played down to opponents in the past. I would expect to win most of those games... But wouldn't be completely off guard if we lost to Minnesota. Chargers also have a chance, and the Bucs have been our kryptonite since Aaron took over.

Tbh Bucs have been our kryptonite since back in the day of Brad Johnson (not as much he's just the QB I remember), Tony Dungy, and especially Warren Sapp.

I don't see the Chargers beating us.

Potential losses from me: @ Minnesota (divisional game, they usually play us well, in the Metrodome), vs Tampa Bay (but homefield advantage should help)

Chargers obviously have a chance but I don't see it happening. They've been playing opponents far inferior to themselves, and haven't won every game convincingly...i.e...Minnesota, Kansas City, Denver, Miami...Combined record of those teams: 5-15.

I could see a 10-0 from the Packers happening, though I wouldn't be surprised to see us anywhere from 8-2 to 10-0 at that point.

Lions seem like they'd be 1 or 2 games behind us come Thanksgiving.

meh, idk about that. I'm not gonna try and predict when we lose next because the fact were winning games feels too good. Lol. But the thing we have going for us is the fact that the hard teams are all home games...

The Lions are going to lose at Soldier Field and perhaps to San Fran as well. I can see the Lions at 8-2 and Packers at 9-1, because I think they'll lose to Minny at the Dome. Other than that, I don't see many losses on either team's upcoming schedules.

I think neither will be undefeated. And Blue, the Falcons didn't really give the Packers a game lol. I mean, they jumped out ahead, but after Green Bay got their third field goal, we all knew it was over. Atlanta couldn't do anything and Green Bay had been in control of the game since the end of the first half.

The Lions are a few steps down from Green Bay, so don't be surprised if they do lose to Atlanta. I don't think the Falcons are a playoff team, but they'll be in a lot of games.

The Lions are going to lose at Soldier Field and perhaps to San Fran as well. I can see the Lions at 8-2 and Packers at 9-1, because I think they'll lose to Minny at the Dome. Other than that, I don't see many losses on either team's upcoming schedules.

I think neither will be undefeated. And Blue, the Falcons didn't really give the Packers a game lol. I mean, they jumped out ahead, but after Green Bay got their third field goal, we all knew it was over. Atlanta couldn't do anything and Green Bay had been in control of the game since the end of the first half.

The Lions are a few steps down from Green Bay, so don't be surprised if they do lose to Atlanta. I don't think the Falcons are a playoff team, but they'll be in a lot of games.

Curious as to what tells you the Lions are a few steps down from the Packers? I mean, I guess we will find out when their game comes, but I'm not sure how anyone can say that they aren't at the same talent/performance level of the Packers. They have been beating teams in the same ways, even the Packers have had a few games here and there where I could see the fans wanting to pull their hair out. (Atlanta for example.)

And I also know this might be biased because I'm a Falcons fan, but I wouldn't write that game off against the Lions yet. The Falcons looked great in the first half against the Packers. Be it the Packers shooting themselves in the foot, or whatever it was they still looked great. The only problem with them is coming out in the second half and adjusting. They are doing a lot of work this week after losing to the Packers to fix that problem. I still have hope. And I wouldn't write that off as a sure win. Funny thing about the Falcons is just when you think they are down for the count, they suddenly pull a magic whooping stick out of their asses.

Curious as to what tells you the Lions are a few steps down from the Packers? I mean, I guess we will find out when their game comes, but I'm not sure how anyone can say that they aren't at the same talent/performance level of the Packers. They have been beating teams in the same ways, even the Packers have had a few games here and there where I could see the fans wanting to pull their hair out. (Atlanta for example.)

And I also know this might be biased because I'm a Falcons fan, but I wouldn't write that game off against the Lions yet. The Falcons looked great in the first half against the Packers. Be it the Packers shooting themselves in the foot, or whatever it was they still looked great. The only problem with them is coming out in the second half and adjusting. They are doing a lot of work this week after losing to the Packers to fix that problem. I still have hope. And I wouldn't write that off as a sure win. Funny thing about the Falcons is just when you think they are down for the count, they suddenly pull a magic whooping stick out of their asses.

They're not in the same class as GB because right now, Stafford relies too heavily on CJ and Pettigrew. Does he throw to Titus Young? Yep, but only a couple times a game. The last two weeks, Nate Burleson has been non-existent and Tony Scheffler, a very underrated pass catching TE, has also been nonexistent with the exception of one catch last night. There are teams who are going to figure out how to stop this dumbass offense Detroit is running. They can't just run out of shotgun all the time. Somebody is going to hold them to 10 points or less. Also, somebody is going to hit Stafford as hard as Minnesota did. Dallas should have, but they had a fluke no-sack game. Those two teams play again and Ware, Spencer, Butler, and Ratliff are punching Stafford in the mouth all game. The kid isn't going to stay healthy for a good majority of his career if Detroit never runs a traditional NFL offense. Put Stafford under center. Let him hand off to Jahvid Best and run play-action. Don't always hang him back in the pocket like a punching bag. Somebody's going to get to him. It's no wonder he's had shoulder issues. But anyway, that's why they're not up there with Green Bay. Rodgers spreads the ball all over the field and the combination of Ryan Grant and James Starks is a formidable running game. It's not going to be pretty when GB and Detroit knock heads.

Dallas should have, but they had a fluke no-sack game.

Really? He's been sacked 6 times this year and 5 were from the Minnesota game, also noted that all of them were due to Jared Allen being an absolute monster. He accounted for 3 sacks, but when they finally doubled him up, the other defensive end started getting to him. So take away Jared Allen from that game and you probably have 1 sack all season. That O-Line in Detroit is good, a lot better than everyone has expected.

Is someone sore because Detroit hung one over on the Cowboys?

And as far as someone figuring them out, it's already been figured out. The issue is that no one can stop Calvin Johnson. You have to put all your efforts on his side of the field on him just to keep him from going ape. And when you do that, majority of the time that's why you see Pettigrew start going wild.

They gave them a game. I don't give a fuck if you "all knew it was over" after whatever field goal. They didn't play that great in the 2nd half, but losing 25-14 was a hell of a lot better than I expected....

Edited by BLUE

IDK Bware. So far Detroit has an edge on Defense over the Pack. Both are giving up more yards than you'd like but both have kept scores to a minimum despite the yards, however Detroit is 4th in scoring defense. I haven't watched either team play so I dunno all the factors but the edge on offense favors the Pack and defense the Lions, even if both margins are relatively slight.

I doubt both teams will be 10-0. The Packers may as they do have 3 easy games. Yes I'm counting the game against the Vikes as easy. Allen may rape Newhouse but Rodgers can still beat that secondary and the Vikes' offense vs the Pack's D is a big mismatch in the Pack's favor. As for Detroit, they look good but I'm still not sold on them. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost to the 49ers, Bears, or Falcons. Still should be a good game on Thanksgiving though.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

They play games for a reason, every team in the NFL is good and capable of winning. I expect Green Bay to be upset at least once before then and the Lions possibly twice or more.

But wouldn't it be something if somehow Detroit was able to go 16-0 this season just three years removed from an 0-16 season? lol

Both teams COULD end up 10-0 when they meet, but the odds are against them. Either team could lose a key player, for a game or for longer, and that could bring about a loss. Either team could show up not on their A game and another team comes and beats them. Either team could get cocky and come to play a weak team and get upset. It happens. Green Bay's offense is potent, but their defense isn't playing too hot right now (which is surprising with all their talent on the field). The Lions secondary (aside from the Dallas game, but Romo gift wrapped those) and run game are virtually non-existant, making them one dimensional on both offense and defense: Stafford to CJ & Burleson, and a great pass rush. I don't expect either team to be undefeated, and I don't want either team to be, but both teams being 10-0 would make for some GREAT ratings.

Not happening. No explanation necessary. C'MON MAN!

you_fail-12825.jpg Edited by BayAreaBomber

They both have very good shots, the Packers moreso. Only true threat on their list is San Diego, (Tampa Bay might be dangerous if it wasn't in Lambeau). The Lions have to get past the Niners, which I think is their biggest challenge.

You were saying?

I didn't say it was definitely going to happen, merely pointing out that it was a strong possibility.

I also said that the Niners would be Detroit's biggest challenge.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The thread doesn't say the Lions and Packers have a good chance to be 10-0 when they meet.

Lions and Packers will be 10-0 when they meet
Edited by BayAreaBomber

The thread doesn't say the Lions and Packers have a good chance to be 10-0 when they meet.

Actually, it does.

Just thought it would be interesting. They both have very good shots, the Packers moreso.

I was just making a prediction for fun and to spark conversation.

It was wrong.

Oh well.

Edited by Thanatos19

I'm kinda just fucking wit ya haha. It could have easily happened.

I'm kinda just fucking wit ya haha. It could have easily happened.

Not with the Niners in the way, apparently. :)

• Upvote 1