Sign in to follow this  
BucD

Update: Eagles QB Young to start vs. Patriots; Vick likely out

Per PFT:

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 16, 2011, 11:13 AM EST

It’s unclear when Michael Vick hurt his ribs against the Cardinals, but it sounds like the injury could keep him out of Sunday night’s game against the Giants.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the “early signs” indicate Vick is unlikely to play Sunday night. Then again, Schefter points out Vick “still has time to heal.”

Florio’s post on the timing of Vick’s injury is well worth a read. The whole thing is odd.

I watched the Eagles game on Tuesday night. Vick moved well and threw a number of great passes after the play he supposedly was hurt on.

Perhaps more telling, he ran like crazy and took a number of hits in the game without ever appearing to be in pain. If anything, Vick was more eager and aggressive running the ball than usual.

It was only in the fourth quarter when Vick’s accuracy fell apart and he seemed to be in pain.

The pain may keep him out of this week’s game against New York. Something tells us this story will take a few more turns before gametime.

“I’m not going to believe Vick won’t play until I see him not jog out there,” Giants coach Tom Coughlin said Wednesday.

Edited by BLUE

Is it going to be Young under center?

Yeah, if Vick misses the game, VY will be under center....:yep:

I suppose VY could surprise, but my gut says this one's gonna be ugly...

I actually see the Eagles coming out ready for this game. The first time around was a war. These teams hate each other and both will come to play. I don't expect a win, but I expect the Eagles to come out and play really hard no matter who is under center and with the way Vick has been playing as of late idk how much we lose with Young taking the snaps if anything at all. Hopefully Vince can show something and we can get something for him this off season when he leaves.

I suppose VY could surprise, but my gut says this one's gonna be ugly...

Vince is familiar with the Giants, beating them both times he's faced them. I don't see why this time would be drastically different.

Per PFT:

Vince Young gets the first-team reps in Philly

Posted by Mike Florio on November 18, 2011, 8:23 AM EST

Quarterback Vince Young recently said he doesn’t know the Eagles’ offense as well as he’d like to know the Eagles’ offense.

He knows it a little better today, given that he reportedly has taken all first-team reps this week.

Young has thrown one regular-season pass this season, against the Redskins while trainers were removing dirt from Mike Vick’s face. The one pass thrown by Young was intercepted, giving him a passer rating of 0.0.

It’s unknown whether Vick will play with ribs he supposedly broke on the second play of last Sunday’s game against the Cardinals. Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg has said he’s optimistic Vick will be available, and that Vick doesn’t need to practice in order to play.

With Young possibly not ready to get the job done, it’s a wise decision for the Eagles to make.

For a change.

The Wilmington News Journal reports Michael Vick (ribs) has been ruled out for Week 11 against the Giants.

Vick is missing from practice again on Friday. Vince Young will make his first start in almost a year after taking the first-team reps in mid-week practices. Look for more of a run-heavy approach than usual from coach Andy Reid. Vick's status for Week 12 versus the Patriots is up in the air.

Source: Wilmington News Journal Nov 18 - 11:19 AM

By Albert Breer | NFL Network

NFL Network Reporter

Published: Nov. 26, 2011 at 09:07 a.m. Updated: Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:25 p.m.

The Philadelphia Eagles will start quarterback Vince Young against the New England Patriots on Sunday, according to a team source.

Michael Vick is not ready to return yet in a starter's capacity as he recovers from broken ribs suffered against the Arizona Cardinals in Week 10, the source said.

Vick missed his third straight practice on Friday. He was deemed questionable, with one league source saying he'd be "shocked" if Vick played.

Sources indicated the Eagles are trying to be careful with Vick's broken ribs, to ensure he'll be at full strength in December. At this point, Vick is improving and is a good bet to start the team's Thursday night game in Seattle on Dec. 1.

Vick did not play last week against the New York Giants. Instead, Young, in his first starting role in almost a year, led the Eagles to a 17-10 victory, completing 23 of 36 passes for 258 yards, two touchdowns and three interceptions.

Reid said Friday that Young has taken all of the reps with the first-team offense this week as the Eagles (4-6) prepare to host the Patriots (7-3).

Young will not have the services of the Eagles' leading receiver, Jeremy Maclin, who, league sources told NFL Network's Stacey Dales, will not play because of his injured hamstring. Maclin is officially doubtful.

While wide receiver DeSean Jackson missed some practice time this week, he is listed as probable and expected to suit up vs. New England.

In other injury news, Eagles cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha was listed as questionable one day after hyperextending his left knee during Thursday's practice. Dales' source said Asomugha is "going to try to play" despite not practicing Friday. He will be a game-time decision.

Asante Samuel will start at one cornerback spot Sunday. The other healthy cornerbacks on the roster if Asomugha can't play are veteran Joselio Hanson, who has started 18 games for the 49ers and Eagles since 2003; Brandon Hughes, originally a fifth-round pick of the Chargers in 2009; and rookie third-round pick Curtis Marsh.

Source: NFL.com

I'm actually going to get tickets to see the Eagles @ Seahawks Thursday night football game in person now I think. I could use a good laugh.

VY is gonna lead the Eagles to the promise land!

Dear Patriots, please win this fucking game.

Sincerely, All those that hate the Eagles.