BucD

Josh Scobee calls DeSean Jackson “punk,” starts Twitter feud

Per PFT:

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 22, 2011, 12:54 PM EST

Jaguars kicker Josh Scobee and Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson have engaged in a war of words on Twitter.

It apparently started because Scobee was watching Sunday night’s Eagles-Giants game and was turned off by Jackson’s taunting penalty. That led Scobee to go on Twitter and write, “Desean Jackson is a punk. #growuputinybastard.”

Scobee heard from some fans who thought it wasn’t particularly respectful to call Jackson a “tiny bastard,” and so he followed up by writing, “Relax people. He’s just a punk, which to me means he doesn’t respect anyone or anything around him. Therefore, I don’t respect him.”

A day later, Scobee apparently felt remorseful, so he offered a third tweet: “Shouldn’t have called Desean Jackson that, I used the wrong words to try and make my point.”

But that quasi-apology didn’t appear to mollify Jackson, who went on Twitter today to rip Scobee for ripping him.

“This man @joshscobee is Waaaaaaay outta LIne!! Stick to ya Own business.. Mind ya own!! I don’t respect what u sayin.. Lil Boi status,” Jackson wrote. “Plus I don’t even know who this guy is!!”

“I don’t even know who this guy is” always makes for a good comeback. One wonders, however: If Jackson doesn’t know who Scobee is, why does he care enough to make an issue of Scobee’s tweet?

I'm really not sure what Scobee is having issues with here. It wasn't his team, it's not anything even relative to him. Why is he causing a beef that really didn't need to be created?

I'm not going to say kickers have no business speaking their mind against acts of unsportsmanship because they are just a big a part of the game as anyone else on the field (Well, sort of lol) but this is one beef that Scobee should have stayed out of.

Can't wait for the time that Jackson gets to return a kick against the Jaguars and hunts out Scobee and trucks him over just to prove a point.

I'm really not sure what Scobee is having issues with here. It wasn't his team, it's not anything even relative to him. Why is he causing a beef that really didn't need to be created?

I'm not going to say kickers have no business speaking their mind against acts of unsportsmanship because they are just a big a part of the game as anyone else on the field (Well, sort of lol) but this is that Scobee should have stayed out of.

Can't wait for the time that Jackson gets to return a kick against the Jaguars and hunts out Scobee and trucks him over just to proone beef ve a point.

I would LOVE to see Josh Scobee try to tackle DeSean Jackson because it would most likely end up in a TD for the Eagles.

“This man @joshscobee is Waaaaaaay outta LIne!! Stick to ya Own business.. Mind ya own!! I don’t respect what u sayin.. Lil Boi status,” Jackson wrote. “Plus I don’t even know who this guy is!!”

typical...

“This man @joshscobee is Waaaaaaay outta LIne!! Stick to ya Own business.. Mind ya own!! I don’t respect what u sayin.. Lil Boi status.

How did Chris Johnson get on DeSean Jackson's twitter account?

• Upvote 1

LMAO at DeSean trucking someone over....baha....bahahahahahahaha....:rofl:

• Upvote 1

Chris Johnson and DeSean Jackson take the SAT...

DeSean Jackson and Chris Johnson make AAE look bad, man.

I'm not the biggest fan of DJax, but I see no reason for Scobee to call him out on Twitter like he did. It was stupid and immature, and the fact that he then tweeted twice again only made the issue worse. He should have never tweeted what he did in the first place, but when he did he should have removed it from his page and apologized instead of making his "apology" sound almost NOT like an apology. DJax might have character issues, but that isn't something a kicker should call out. You guys are hardly a player. Why do kickers feel the need to call out players and other individuals? Regardless, I hope DJax takes one to the house next time he's up against Scobee. :yep:

I'm not the biggest fan of DJax, but I see no reason for Scobee to call him out on Twitter like he did. It was stupid and immature, and the fact that he then tweeted twice again only made the issue worse. He should have never tweeted what he did in the first place, but when he did he should have removed it from his page and apologized instead of making his "apology" sound almost NOT like an apology. DJax might have character issues, but that isn't something a kicker should call out. You guys are hardly a player. Why do kickers feel the need to call out players and other individuals? Regardless, I hope DJax takes one to the house next time he's up against Scobee. :yep:

Hardly a player? It is true that they aren't on the field much, but they have the most high pressure job of any position on the team.

When they are called upon to make a kick, many times whether they make it or not will be the difference between winning and losing the game.

Scobee is one of the better kickers out there, (not fantasy wise, unfortunately, due to the Jags anemic offense), and is always hustling down to make the tackle on the kickoff. DeSean was an idiot on Sunday night and cost his team 50 yards because he had to do yet another stupid thing. If this was his first offense, maybe I'd be with you, but he really does need to grow up. He's been like this every time he does anything. He's certainly not the only person in the league who needs to grow up, but it was in sharp view of everyone on primetime television this time.